FO: NV (General Discussion)

I've stopped picking up every little box of detergent/item in the game, but I still feel like I'm going back to towns every 15 minutes to sort/sell stuff. I don't have time for that. So screw tiny weight limits that drive OCD ppl like me insane....I used GECK to change the base weight number. Much better.

Why I like PC gaming.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now the Paladin Toaster.. now that's groovy. Giant Radscoprions in one blow.. Deathclaws in 2 or 3.. with nice explosive fist punches...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got my hands on the 10mm sub machine gun. Feels wickedly powerful, good job on those guns!

Wait til you get a giant radscorpion.

Giant Radscorpions are one of those enemies that need high DAM weapons. The 10mm SMG it's pretty much handy for every unarmored enemy even later in the game. Makes short work of Nightkin too.

radscorpions, deathclaws... NONE of them is even remotely as annoying as the Cazadors. Its just a flying bug, but they will kill you dead. I hate them so much.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It really does feel like the weapons are good for different things which is great. As you say, when clearing out Nightkins in a certain location, I had a really hard time utilizing the weaponry I had relied upon previously up until that time. But once I started using higher DPS weapons (think it was the 9mm submachine gun I had at the time), things became a lot easier. Of course, that also made me burn through almost all my 9mm ammo. :lol:

My main complaints so far regarding leveling:

1) I think I still get waaay too many skill points. At level 16, my three tag skills (Barter, Speech and Science) are at 100. Though that is with Good Natured and 9 INT. But still, I don't think I'll have much problems in capping a skill here and there before the game is over.

2) I started out the game with (I think) 16 in Guns and have played the majority of the game thus far with that number (only started raising it just a little bit after I capped my tag skills). But I have used guns just fine and they feel very effective. I have had zero problems with accuracy or damage against most foes I encountered so far. I had expected (well, wanted really) to feel a bit more gimped in that department with such a low skill.

Granted, I'm sure there will be a difference against the tougher foes like Deathclaws or Cazadors (who eat me up) but I had hoped for more of a challenge against the more "common" enemies as well. Maybe I'll try raising difficulty to Hard next time.

Loving the game so far though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I too expected more of an impact of weapon skills. They still mostly influence damage, and if you miss the requirements for weapons, the sway is mostly comparable to having a crippled arm. It's something that may need some GECK tweaking for next playthroughs (or could have been tied to difficulty.. as far as I can see, difficulty works the same as Fallout 3 but without the XP bonuses/maluses). :lol:

EDIT: Gotta say though, I'm level 25 almost 26, 7 points in Intelligence and I've only maxed 2 skills. I could have maxed three but I preferred spreading my points on other skills I have been needing so far.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Is it just me or was the Power Fist totally overpowered. I didn't put a single point into Melee combat, but could take out enemies quicker with than with a Riot Shotgun.

Yup, the power fists are very slamo-tastic. As I said, wait until you find the Paladin Toaster..that just gimps enemies even more.

And as someone said earlier.. Cazadors.. flying insects that are one of the most annoying and deadly creatures you'll encounter on the wasteland.. Although the Sniper Rifle is great if you can spot them from a distance..

I cleared out McCarran with the Trail Carbine at level 21 last night, it was your typical *BOOM* headshot *BOOM* headshot scenario, good fun :lol:

I'm also enjoying the standard Sniper Rifle, I can finally take on Deathclaws...at a distance, those Cazadors are vicious though, fast and utterly deadly in a swarm.

Edited by WDeranged

Yup.. They get in close... they move fast so its a pain to shoot them without using VATS..but quite often they get so close that VATs will only show 0%.. so you exit vats..try to take a step back to give some distance.. and another handful of Cazadores are swaming around you ...

nah, the deathclaws in Quarry Junction didn't give me any hard time, all of them were one-shot kills, but for the Alpha-male and Mother I had to switch to my Anti-materiel baby with incendiary ammo, each took 4 shot to the head to go down. and a handful of reloads due to bad timing and Gannon being a jerk :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I sniped a lone Deathclaw Young outside the entrance to the quarry last night, as I started to snipe at the ones inside both the matron and alpha male Deathclaws ripped me a new one from behind...I wondered if it was a scripted event but I couldn't repeat it, they certainly didn't come from inside the quarry.

I sniped them from the Great Khans camp, took out the Alpha first, then the little ones, the game said "deathclaw matriarch (or w/e) is enraged by the deaths of her children", maybe that makes her a lot tougher I don't know. I was hidden the whole time by the way, maybe that stopped them from spawning right on top of me

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Started up yet another new game last night right before I went to sleep. Dropping my SCIENCE character. He was just a gimmick and I really couldn't see long term prospects for exploring the vaults and various caves with it.

New character is Energy Weapons, Science, and Sneak. Basically my standard build for games like this. Goal is to try to play both sides and not piss anyone off too early.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i coudnt decide what character to do next, a brawler who plays by his own rules, or an evil energy weapon using scientist.

so i made both and played each for about 2 hours, i still can't decide :shifty:

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.