What are you playing now

Gorth

Beyond Good or Evil or Mask of the Betrayer would be the first games I would recommend you to play through...

And I heard that Metro 2033 is pretty short, but never played it, so I can't say if that's true or not...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Uhm.. I spent approximately 60 hours in Gothic, approximately 80 hours in Gothic 2 and well over 120 hours in Gothic 3.

Although some people touch them for 15 minutes and then never again. Hmm.

ICO is really short though. And a classic that will look great on your gaming r

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Found Fable the Lost Chapters for a couple of pounds.. Thought I'd give it a try. I was surprised when it turned out to be 4 cds.. I haven't had to change cd's during install in yonks.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

ok here goes, pardon the long post:

I can't decide what to play, here is what I currently have on my plate (ie, I own all of these, and have yet to play them for more than a few minutes each...)

The Longest Journey

Beyond Good and Evil

Mask of the Betrayer

Ico

Sanitarium

Psychonauts

Metro 2033

Thief Deadly Shadows

Grim Fandango

Zelda Twilight Princess

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 2 + Expansion

Earthbound

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Super Mario Galaxy

Madworld

No More Heroes

Valkyria Chronicles (i'm actually about 10 hours into this one but I put it down and havent picked it up again yet)

Devil May Cry 4

IL Sturmovik

Persona 4

Xcom

Okami

Gothic Trilogy

whew. That is the entirety of my backlog (unless you count the fact that I'm only halfway finished with both FF13 and Demon's Souls...) I have had some of these games in my backlog for over ten years. No joke.

I basically am begging for help. I need to knock some of these out... which games should I play first/most important, also, if any of them are really short (ala mirrors edge type short) then please let that influence your recommendation so I can at least make the list smaller....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

ok so after mkreku's response, Gothic is going to the bottom of the pile since they are probably the longest games on this list, it sounds like Beyond Good and Evil, and the Longest Journey and Mask of the Betrayer are probably the ones I should tackle first.... I reordered the list in the quoted section to go along with how I'm perceiving all of your recommendations!

Do any of you have a backlog this bad or am I just crazy? (note, I also left off all my gba and DS games that are half finished or unopened...)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Do any of you have a backlog this bad or am I just crazy? (note, I also left off all my gba and DS games that are half finished or unopened...)

I don't think my backlog is quite that bad, but I've probably got around a dozen or so games that I haven't finished yet.

A lot of good games there, of the ones I've played Thief DS is my second favorite game ever, Metro 2033 is a good shooter, great atmosphere, and BG&E is very good also, the stealth is quite reminicent of Thief but not as deep.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Hm, I really enjoyed the story part of Thief DP but I could never make up my mind on whether I thought the gameplay was much of an improvement or not...

I don't think my backlog is quite that bad, but I've probably got around a dozen or so games that I haven't finished yet.

I have several I never came even came close to finishing. I probably won't, either. Tho a couple I still mean to go back and try to play more, someday. :)

...After all the bad reviews of Two Worlds (which is why I didnt' get it when it came out), I'm surprised I like it as much as I am. Course I am playing the patched/updated version, no bugs problems so far. I thought it would be a more 'serious' RPG but despite all the quests it's really very action-rpg. Diabloish+Oblivion-landscape indeed. Plus it looks pretty w/all the bells whistles on.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Going by the gameplay lenght, I would suggest the adventure trinity first.

TLJ is probably the most user friendly and rational one on your list.

Sanitarium can leave you struck as the puzzles obey the rationality of a dream/nightmare and the whole thing changes each new level. Try to follow the story to solve it instead of puzzles.

Grim Fandango is hardcore. It doesn't have many red herrings or weird puzzles but still is is hard.

Psyconouts and BG&E are action and platform based games. They are probably the second shortest game category unless you plan to do %100 collectables. then all I can say is good luck.

Ico is... well Ico. It is short and beautifully done. Just do the hunting side quests first so you can get maxium time and easy mode.

IG. We kick ass and not even take names.

...After all the bad reviews of Two Worlds (which is why I didnt' get it when it came out), I'm surprised I like it as much as I am.

Exactly my feelings about Two Worlds too. It must be one of the most underrated games ever. I'm glad I gave it another shot.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still Dorfing in the fortress.

This one hasn't been destroyed by a goblin ambush yet, but I expect the first to occur today. I hope I'm prepared. RAISE BRIDGES Just need to make sure the moat is ready.

The guy who likes to fish outside is probably going to die. Maybe I should reel him in and just assume they're waiting for the chance to strike.

After this fort dies, I'm building a sky fort.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

...After all the bad reviews of Two Worlds (which is why I didnt' get it when it came out), I'm surprised I like it as much as I am.

Exactly my feelings about Two Worlds too. It must be one of the most underrated games ever. I'm glad I gave it another shot.

I say Alpha Protocol deserves that title, but Two Worlds definitely had its charm.

Yes, but it is mostly "new" old games bought on various sales the last 3 months. It's incredible what you can get for $1-$7 when you are an opportunist :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have several I never came even came close to finishing. I probably won't, either.

The only two games I've bought within the last two years but not finished are GTA III and GTA IV. In hindsight, I probably should have taken a hint from what happened with III, but I did enjoy Vice City...

Bioshock is the only one I probably can't bring myself to replay :/

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well.. it's nearly 5pm..the family is mostly settled, the cat is sleeping, and the dog is curled up.. I think I'm going to take this chance to sit down and try playing some Fable....

I started the longest journey last night, got through prologue and chapter 1. am intrigued, liked conversation about art with cortez... conversation about what is art while playing a video game seemingly about art. yet a debate exists about whether games can BE art.

amused!

puzzles are good so far, not too tough, i suck at hard puzzles, especially non-sequitor ones... monkey island is the only other one I played and there were some puzzles that i would never have figured out without the hint system.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've tried replaying Longest Journey. It goes a looooot slower than I remember. And it's forever before you get the hilarious sidekick.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."