Random video game news... Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!

Tango Gameworks and Hi-Fi rush IP has been resurrected after being unceremoniously put down by Microsoft.

This is thanks to Kafton, a Korean company, who acquired the defunct studio and its big profile IP. We will see if the spell cast was True Resurrection, or just Raise Dead.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/pubg-owner-krafton-have-acquired-tango-gameworks-and-the-hi-fi-rush-ip

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

14 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Turn on subtitles for English translation. 

The yellow paint is a massive eyesore, and I hope those cutscenes aren't too abundant, the ones that seem to already be there are probably going to drive me bonkers already. And that cat fight was kind of depressing to watch, the cat was way too soaky.

Very pretty looking though, but generic. I could tell it was Unreal 5 very quick.

I hate Unreal engine. And I reckon we won't have anyone modding the game soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Rest in peace, X-Ray Engine. You were a load of janked garbage that never worked, but you were my load of janked garbage that never worked.

• Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Rest in peace, X-Ray Engine. You were a load of janked garbage that never worked, but you were my load of janked garbage that never worked.

It was the finest aged jank around.

• Haha 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

28 minutes ago, uuuhhii said:

look like the same awful engine as dai

why would it take so many years if bioware are using the same engine

They were busy with Anthem. Also had at least one big redesign.

21 hours ago, MrBrown said:

I like this game, including how it looks. The graphics look very nice to me, way more attractive than BG3's graphics. And I especially like that the Rook shown in this trailer could easily pass for a South Asian man. About time I had that choice of look for my PC in an RPG! :)

• Like 2

Seems like they are moving from Godfather to The Sicilian. I dig it. 

Mafia is a curious IP - I adored father original but didn’t care much for the sequels (I am still to play Mafia3). But, Mafia Remake was very good, so I am hopeful they will land this one as well.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Teasers galore 

Looks like Henry level'd up and isn't a peasant anymore.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/dragon-age/dragon-age-the-veilguard/news/pc-features

We wanted to ensure the controls and UI are a good experience for both KBM and controllers; so we did close to 10,000 hours of user research testing to make sure of it. Dragon Age: The Veilguard will feature native support for PS5 DualSense controllers with haptics support in addition to the standard of Xbox controllers & keyboard + mouse. Additionally, you can seamlessly transition between controllers or keyboard + mouse while playing or in menus. There are many different ways to play our game; so, in order to allow you to find the most comfortable set-up, we’ve added the ability to customize class-specific keybinds that you can easily switch between. This means that your Rogue Rook can use a different set of keybinds than your Warrior Rook, if you’d like!

[...]

We know a lot of you play on Steam, and we wanted to meet you where you are. We’re happy to be completely Steam Native for Dragon Age: The Veilguard! We’re already Steam Deck Verified; and with Cloud Save on Steam supported, you can seamlessly switch back and forth between your PC and your Steam Deck as much as you want, with no interruption to your progress. We also have Remote Play enabled if you’d rather play on your TV! If you’d like to utilize it, there will be a completely optional linking process to your EA Account.

No Steam Family Sharing, though, as far as I can see. Also, I am curious if it is possible to completely disable the grass and the foliage.

• Thanks 1