In Space No One Can Hear You Scream a Funny Thread Title - The Starfield Thread

Keyrock

28 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Those faces are ****ing horrifying. What the ****, they make the Mystery Man look comforting.

the-mystery-man-lost-highway.jpg

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

There's a new small patch that adds (among other things) DLSS support, so Team Green users no longer have to use a mod if they want to use DLSS rather than FSR, plus a FOV slider which, honestly, how the **** did they launch the game without a FOV slider? How do you NOT put a FOV slider in a 1st or 3rd person game in 2023?

ZjEuZ2lm.gif

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So it's been a little bit, has anyone's opinion on this game altered significantly, either way? Such as, better or worse after a fair more hours spent, re: engagement etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

9 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

So it's been a little bit, has anyone's opinion on this game altered significantly, either way? Such as, better or worse after a fair more hours spent, re: engagement etc.

I thought it was kinda alright when I started, but the more I dig into the mechanics the more I love it. There are so many hidden mechanics that can completely change the way you play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

30 hours in and I'm still having a blast.

I just finished my first playthrough. Apparently I've managed to sink 112 hours into it.  The main story is pretty much an excuse for why there's a NewGamePlus mode 😄

But I'll avoid spoilers on that.

There's nothing outrightly wow or amazing about it, but it's got that standard Bethesda you just roam around and discover odd little bits and pieces and kind of engage on that level. There are some missions and moments that are very well handled, and a bunch that have interesting ideas behind with shallow execution.

The explanations for what you need for Outposts is fairly minimal, so that's very much a learning process. The stealth mechanics are fairly horrible when trying to do anything seriously stealthy.  Trying to design your personal starship can get a little addictive, and I'm sure there's going to be a slew of mods to break some of the "maximum modules used" aspect given some time.

One thing that does feel weird is that there's minimal engagement with the Factions. Or rather, there's something like 5 factions with actual quest lines or missions, but several more factions are mentioned and you have encounters with, but you never really get any depth or interaction with them beyond specific bits from other faction / companion quests. It makes it feel like there's a hole waiting for future DLC to fill.    

• Thanks 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

29 minutes ago, melkathi said:

It is Bethesda. The dlc will have vampires instead.

So that's going to be part of the secrets behind House Va'ruun!!

Given how much they're talked about, and a companion plotline involves them, there's surprisingly little actual interaction with them as a faction.

Finally got my B-level license, so now I can fly my big Stroud Eklund ship around. It's pretty sweet looking, and has a lot of space for activities. I also romanced Andreja, which took quite a bit of time and was well done. Her whole story has been very interesting. I can imagine that the whole snake religion group will get more attention in an expansion.

There is quite a bit of decent world building done. They've got just a ton of different companies with backstories, and I'm curious how they build it out over the future. They could probably release a dozen expansions for this game.

• Thanks 1

I think one of the things that weirded me out with the storyline is that you have all these "temples" that no humans built.. with funky gravity effects going on.

At times these places are literally with a human outpost built within 800 m... 

And at no point does anyone actually talk about them, reference wild theories of aliens or how shocked people have been to find structures on planets when they arrived, or that research that had been carried out on them.

Constellation has been looking into the "artifacts" for a couple of years, but never considered anything of note to these strange, pre-human buildings that cause stone to float until you get into the funky gravity readings...

Yeah, it's a bit silly that we have all of these habitable planets with life, but there aren't teams of space archeologists already poring over every weird temple. But I guess that's a bit of the reason Constellation is unique, since most people in the universe just don't care about actual exploring. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ryujin final quest is disappointing.

You're basically forced to zap guards but zapping any guard even when there's no other guard in the vicinity, alerts every guard in the building. So you just end up abusing amnesia/bad AI.

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.