The TV and Streaming Thread: Summer Re-reruns (it's always summer somewhere)

majestic

13 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

It was, perhaps, the most stereotypically Netflix series I have ever watched.

It'd need to be cancelled after one season to qualify for that, as a miniseries it doesn't count.

I haven't watched many series lately and I have to say most of what is there looks unappealing to me. Maybe I'll finally start Derry Girls or just cut through my backlog of movies on my watchlist.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

2 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

As a Twin Peaks fan you should watch the Dual Spires episode of Psych

Shot with a potato dipped in vaseline

I've never seen a single episode of Psych, so now that you mention it....there's Three Pines, which is apparently Canadian Twin Peaks starring Doctor Octopus. I should give that a shot.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'd just watch that one episode then you can decide if you want to go back and watch the whole series. The Psych guys are huge fans and they got a lot of the cast in the episode.

PS it's on Amazon if you have Prime.

Edited by ShadySands
  • Thanks 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

12 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I'd just watch that one episode then you can decide if you want to go back and watch the whole series. The Psych guys are huge fans and they got a lot of the cast in the episode.

PS it's on Amazon if you have Prime.

I do have Prime. Doctor Octopus will have to wait.

Picard 3.1

It has a new showrunner, Terry Matalas from 12 Monkeys (the tv show), let's see if he follows in Kurtzman's footsteps. So far, looks like more nutrek but the return of ST:TNG's cast makes me interested.

21 hours ago, majestic said:

Personal highlight of the episode: Random captain of a ship telling Picard that he basically does not like him because he's always galavanting off on some irresponsible adventure or two.

I agree, that was the best part of the episode (I'll pretend the beginning didn't happen). Funny how a guy who loves so much to stick to the rules shows no respect to an admiral, even a retired one. 7 of 9 Hansen's reaction was nice to see too.

sign.jpg

11 minutes ago, InsaneCommander said:

Picard 3.1

It has a new showrunner, Terry Matalas from 12 Monkeys (the tv show), let's see if he follows in Kurtzman's footsteps. So far, looks like more nutrek but the return of ST:TNG's cast makes me interested.

I agree, that was the best part of the episode (I'll pretend the beginning didn't happen). Funny how a guy who loves so much to stick to the rules shows no respect to an admiral, even a retired one. 7 of 9 Hansen's reaction was nice to see too.

The episode was a decent step up from the earlier seasons, but it's still far too early to tell and it has way too many elements that I already don't want to see in a Star Trek series, or already were in Star Trek series, like these new Pseudo-Hirogen Predator things, and a second Captain Jellico who is actually really angry at Riker and Picard for no reason . They probably would have hired Ronny Cox for this if he wasn't old enough to be Admiral too by now.

Then there's the way Starfleet Intelligence interacts with Raffi (and I don't particularily care for Raffi, but that is just stupid - DS9 did that better in a one-off with Miles O'Brien) before that terrorist attack.

Still, at least once past the first five minutes I no longer wanted to pull my hair out, if it keeps being that way I'll chalk that up as a win. At least until Moriarty comes back and it inevitably falls apart. :p

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

9 minutes ago, majestic said:

Still, at least once past the first five minutes I no longer wanted to pull my hair out, if it keeps being that way I'll chalk that up as a win. At least until Moriarty comes back and it inevitably falls apart. :p

Forgot he is coming back too... I assume Wesley won't since he appeared before and there is already a replacement.

sign.jpg

17 hours ago, ShadySands said:

As a Twin Peaks fan you should watch the Dual Spires episode of Psych

This Psych episode is as close as I'll ever get to watching Twin Peaks. Well...actually, I've seen a couple of episodes of Twin Peaks, so I guess I should say it's as close as I'll ever get to enjoying it.

• Gasp! 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Pschy - Dual Spires

It was ok, but I doubt I'll watch more of the series. A lot of the jokes didn't land and the main character annoyed the **** out of me.

• Gasp! 1

22 hours ago, Lexx said:

It continues. The only good thing about nutrek:

Mike and Rich sound so hopeful. It's going to be delicious schadenfreude watching that hopefulness get beaten out of them.:lol:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 2/19/2023 at 12:38 AM, Keyrock said:

Mike and Rich sound so hopeful. It's going to be delicious schadenfreude watching that hopefulness get beaten out of them.:lol:

According to the internets Goldsman and Kurtzman have nothing to do with season 3. It might actually turn out to be good.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Last of Us, episode 6 - well they finally changed something re: the game that I didn't like overmuch. It's not a big thing and it doesn't detract that the episode was still quality. And it's not that the change didn't work. I simply preferred the story/chr method of the game over the change.  I don't know where they filmed the show, but man some of those scenics they shot were gorgeous.

By the end of this series I am going to fall in love with Pedro Pascal, if I haven't already. I've known his name/face from articles but the only things of "significance" I think I've seen him in were Equalizer 2 and The Great Wall, which I barely remember.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Last of Us is way too fast. They are skipping so much stuff, and there are only 3 episodes left. The show could easily do +3 more episodes.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

3 hours ago, ShadySands said:

At the end of DS9 O'Brien returns to Earth to teach at Starfleet Academy. In nuTrek he probably died in a school shooting or drank himself to death because he couldn't get over getting Bilby killed or something tragic and obscure.

those ain't tragic enough? well, we can take a shot.

molly, after joining starfleet, eventual quits the federation and becomes involved with a group o' cardassian refugee/freedom fighters unironic modeled on the maquis. molly is pregnant with her cardassian lover's child when the federation ship kirayoshi is now serving 'pon encounters a food transport vessel molly's group has hijacked and 'course something goes horrible wrong. kirayoshi fails to successful transport molly off the freighter which blows up killing molly and her unborn child in the process. unfortunately, molly's lover, who had been rescued moments before the supply ship went nuclear, manages to disarm the incompetent starfleet security in the transporter room o' kirayoshi's ship and then goes on a rampage killing numerous starfleet personnel before turning the stolen phaser on herself. kirayoshi o'brien is one o' the victims.

end of act 1.

act 2 and 3 is even worse.

(late edit: am thinking is no way molly's lover could die so ez. since is trek we need drag out ahab's metaphorical corpse once again and have miles hunt molly's lover 'cross the known and unknown galaxy, destroying himself and everybody around him in the process.)

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)