Coronavirus 666: This is one sick thread!!!

Gfted1

I'd have far rather had a different vaccine than Pfizer for exactly those reasons. The funniest people* are those defending its cost- now the most expensive- as being due to all the research Pfizer had to do.

The research was done by BionTech, and paid for by the fine volk of Deutschland. All Pfizer did was... license the design. I do rather like to pretend that all the people worshipping Pfizer are paid to do so, but facts have to faced: a lot are just stupid enough to fanboy an utterly morally bankrupt multi billion dollar company, for free. It's not even the best vaccine, half the reason boosters are needed is because its efficacy drops so steeply- considerably more so than Moderna's. Given it's Pfizer you might expect that being great short term and crap longer term is entirely by design, but as above they didn't actually design it so I guess that at least can't be blamed on wanting windfall profits.

*OTOH the worst thing was slandering the cheaper alternatives, aided by useful idiots like von der Leyen desperate to throw poo at the UK for having the temerity to leave their club.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

I'd have far rather had a different vaccine than Pfizer for exactly those reasons. The funniest people* are those defending its cost- now the most expensive- as being due to all the research Pfizer had to do.

The research was done by BionTech, and paid for by the fine volk of Deutschland. All Pfizer did was... license the design. I do rather like to pretend that all the people worshipping Pfizer are paid to do so, but facts have to faced: a lot are just stupid enough to fanboy an utterly morally bankrupt multi billion dollar company, for free. It's not even the best vaccine, half the reason boosters are needed is because its efficacy drops so steeply- considerably more so than Moderna's. Given it's Pfizer you might expect that being great short term and crap longer term is entirely by design, but as above they didn't actually design it so I guess that at least can't be blamed on wanting windfall profits.

*OTOH the worst thing was slandering the cheaper alternatives, aided by useful idiots like von der Leyen desperate to throw poo at the UK for having the temerity to leave their club.

Yeah, it was pretty funny how Pfizer early on was looked at as being the best while Moderna was the "cheaper but still good-ish" option. Can't say I'm too unhappy with having gotten all Moderna.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

1 hour ago, Bartimaeus said:

Yeah, it was pretty funny how Pfizer early on was looked at as being the best while Moderna was the "cheaper but still good-ish" option. Can't say I'm too unhappy with having gotten all Moderna.

the thing is, from day 1 we had the actual science folks explaining the relative benefits o' the vaccines. doesn't take much effort to go back and look at these boards to see people who were overconcerned with announced % efficacy while ignoring other factors. shameless self-promotion from big pharma is not shocking, but we knew the storage requirements and shelf lives for the vaccines from the beginning. as new data has become available regarding the drop off in efficacy over time and the need for boosters, we has had such information made available to us w/o the need for whistleblowers or deep cover investigations.

am suspicious o' pharmaceutical companies trying to make a buck, which is why we don't pay much attention to the pharmaceutical company claims. wait for the necessary skepticism o' science to run its course. 

resurrection.-christ.thomas.jpg

'course Gromnir has made a habit o' warning people 'gainst making hasty judgements before data is available and am surprised by how much pushback we receive.

is not as if the technologies and schemes for covid-19 were developed in 2020 as a response to covid-19. the actual science were already known and had been vetted, but as @ShadySands mentioned some time past, a polio vaccine ended up killing or paralyzing many kids. weren't the vaccine itself which failed, but were production failures which shoulda' been caught sooner if there had been proper oversight. were an example o' big pharma o' the day taking shortcuts which government didn't catch in time. is good to be skeptical and vigilant. heck, the cdc itself, early in the pandemic, sent out tests which didn't work. we expected problems with the vaccines and have actual been a bit surprised how few major blunders has occurred given the scale o' what has taken place and fact we are indeed doing different than in the past. there has been all too familiar mundane stoopid and mistake, not conspiracy.

however, for perspective, before the covid-19 vaccines the mumps vaccine were the fastest developed.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
missed a need "o" for too
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Secret recording of a Big Pharma executive:

So Neil Breen did Covid-19 as part of the marketing scheme for Twisted Pair 2.

Are they in front of a greenscreen or is this just really low rez?

7 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I think I got Pfizer because that was what was near me. When I get the booster, it will probably be Moderna.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

11 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I just find it hilarious how so many people are blindly taking the claims of Big Pharma, and Pfizer in particular, at face value and parroting, verbatim in some cases of the corporate press, everything they say. What a reputable company with a sterling reputation that Pfizer, they never steered us wrong before. 

Hey, remember the time they walked away from a deal to reduce to cost of AIDS medicine for poor countries? How about the time their hormone replacement drug was causing breast cancer? Or that time they ran trials of their drug during a meningitis epidemic in Nigeria and purposely gave the control group lower than normal amounts of antibiotics to make their own drug look better, leading to several deaths.

I could go on, but that's all in the past, water under the bridge. I'm sure Pfizer is definitely completely on the up and up now. They would definitely not use this unique opportunity to make ludicrous amounts of money during a worldwide pandemic to squeeze out as much profit as possible. They definitely only have our best interests at heart and would never steer us wrong.:shifty:

You make some good points, many of us have started questioning the latest global  response around lockdowns and specifically Omicron 

What is your main reason for deciding you wont take a booster or further vaccines? Is it because you dont trust the big pharmaceutical companies or you dont trust  people like Fauci or the US CDC and can you clarify exactly what you mean  by not trusting the likes of Fauci? Do you feel their has been exaggeration or degrees of exaggeration about the efficacy of vaccines generally  

I will still be taking my booster but I do think how most of the world responds to variants has been more about a kneejerk reaction even if its well meaning so I can understand the pushback from many people like you 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

Are they in front of a greenscreen or is this just really low rez?

Neil Breen movies make extensive use of seemingly needless greenscreened scenes...turns out, it's a lot easier and cheaper to find an image of a background that you can use than to go out and find actual locations...assuming you don't care at all about how it looks, which Neil Breen does not.

@Keyrock I get not loving the CDC: there is a history of the institution being politicized, especially recently. I get not trusting the corporations: there are certainly many issues of their impartiality and them lying and being negligent in the past. I'm trying to understand your point of view, but you made vocal posts about how you won't get the vaccine in the future, you don't trust the CDC, and you don't trust the corporations...so where exactly does that leave all of us if we're like you and trying to figure out how to make potentially life-altering choices about our health? Because that's literally what we, as individuals, are all doing - trying to make the decisions best for ourselves. Saying "nope" to sources X, Y, and Z is easy and something we can all do for any reason or another, but at the end of the day, we're still making decisions based off of something.

Anecdotally, I know a few people who have died from this thing since it started. Heck, my nieces' grandfather died just last month from omicron. He was a loud and proud anti-vaxxer - so proud, in fact, that he refused to tell anyone that he was sick or go to the hospital even once it got really bad, and he died alone at home without having told a single soul he was ill. Took his daughter not being able to contact him for a week for her to call police to do a wellness check and have them find his body. I also talk pretty regularly to two people who work at hospitals, and they have both been pretty vociferous about anti-vaxxers and how they're 95% the ones taking up all of their hospitals' resources during these surges, which makes it impossible for other vaccinated people to get non-covid-related life-saving treatments and surgeries and causing unnecessary pain and death because of those "personal" decisions - not to mention the amount of abuse all these doctors and nurses get from the anti-vaxxers when they do come in and "inexplicably" need treatment after all. Having said all that, I guess you could say I was pretty likely to always be biased and pro-anything that doesn't make the lives of people that I know utterly miserable or end up with people dead. So...what's your story?

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

10 hours ago, Keyrock said:

When they stop moving the goal posts every few weeks I'll reevaluate.

That isn't really how science works... it's a constant search and refining of knowledge. You can put a little Nurgle sticker on the side of your truck for every person you bring down ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

11 minutes ago, Gorth said:

You can put a little Nurgle sticker on the side of your truck for every person you bring down ;)

I'm more of a Slaanesh guy.

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

5 hours ago, Gorth said:

That isn't really how science works... it's a constant search and refining of knowledge. You can put a little Nurgle sticker on the side of your truck for every person you bring down ;)

True but I think one thing that has jaded people when it comes to the virus and lockdowns is the harm to livelihoods when the variants are less deadly but many governments continued with the same lockdowns 

And what makes the economic damage more unpalatable is everyone in the  public sector didn't  have to go through  retrenchments or salary cuts because its the public sector and tax payers money fund this 

In SA its the private sector that ensures we have a sustainable economy because the public sector is just bleeding money and effectively runs at a loss when  our SOE require constant bailouts 

So when citizens hear stores of " another variant and continued lockdowns "  they question this because we not all in the same boat when it comes to  the direct impact continued lockdowns have 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was reading an article about a study by a German professor named Christof Kuhbandner of Regensburg University. In his study he found an anomaly in the data about the people who died of covid by age group. In 2020, the deaths at each age group were pretty constant through the year but in 2021 there were huge spikes in death rates in certain weeks for each age group. These spikes coincided with the time when vaccination for each of these age groups started. This anomaly is present in Austrian, German, UK, Israeli and other countries data about covid deaths.

You can draw your own conclusion about what these spikes could mean but i will remind you that in all the countries mentioned in this study, there were laws passed before vaccination started that absolved the manufacturers of any and all legal responsibility.

• Thanks 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

31 minutes ago, teknoman2 said:

I was reading an article about a study by a German professor named Christof Kuhbandner of Regensburg University. In his study he found an anomaly in the data about the people who died of covid by age group. In 2020, the deaths at each age group were pretty constant through the year but in 2021 there were huge spikes in death rates in certain weeks for each age group. These spikes coincided with the time when vaccination for each of these age groups started. This anomaly is present in Austrian, German, UK, Israeli and other countries data about covid deaths.

You can draw your own conclusion about what these spikes could mean but i will remind you that in all the countries mentioned in this study, there were laws passed before vaccination started that absolved the manufacturers of any and all legal responsibility.

Interesting, what conclusion do you draw from this? You could say the increased deaths is because of the more deadly variants and people not being vaccinated because we have seen more dangerous variants at the time vaccines were more available if you think of Delta ?

And do you have the link for this study ?

John Milton 

11 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Interesting, what conclusion do you draw from this? You could say the increased deaths is because of the more deadly variants and people not being vaccinated because we have seen more dangerous variants at the time vaccines were more available if you think of Delta ?

And do you have the link for this study ?

https://osf.io/5gu8a/

Enjoy.

Christof Kuhbandner is a professor of educational psychology, and of course a veritable luminary in the fields of epidemiology, virology, immunology and statistics. Or maybe not, maybe he's just an educational psychologist who based a problematic study on data not suitable for analysis and produced a hilarious example of spurious correlations. Or rather, it would be hilarious, if it weren't dangerous.

Did you know that there's an almost perfect correlation between eating cheese and death by entanglement in bed sheets?

oDANxfU.png

I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions based on this data, I'm just going to say this one should be of much concern to you, I mean, you do eat a lot of cheese, don't you? Careful, I don't think companies making cheese are "legally responsible" for the deaths by entanglement they cause.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Clearly cheese causing nightmares is not an urban myth, and those fatalities are caused by thrashing about during those nightmares, wrapping bed sheets about yourself and presumably your last thoughts being that you're getting throttled by an enormous anaconda*.

Does being right handed make you more likely to get covid? The facts speak for themseves:

88% of people who have covid are right handed. Only 12% of people who have covid are left handed. That's an 8 fold difference. Quod erat demonstrandum, I think is the phrase I'm looking for.

*no, people with dirty minds, not in the Sir Mixalot sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, Bartimaeus said:

where are you looking to for information that would impact your decision?

Youtube ?

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 minutes ago, majestic said:

4chan & Telegram. :yes:

Ah yes. My coworker's sources are that.  One of the many reason I'm glad 1) I'm not armed 2) not working in the office with him.

• Hmmm 1
  • Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

36 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Ah yes. My coworker's sources are that.  One of the many reason I'm glad 1) I'm not armed 2) not working in the office with him.

You could claim self-defense from covid and get a pass.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Totally off-topic, @ShadySands are you on moderated status for some reason, or have I turned blind in addition to stupid? Didn't see your post in between there. 😮

edit: This forum software being how and what it is, I wouldn't rule out a bug either. Hmmm.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.