Coronavirus 666: This is one sick thread!!!

Gfted1

I mentioned it before, no single country has a monopoly on stupidity...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60267840

Way to go gofundme (seizing millions that the alt right groups behind the protest as it is now). What originally started as a protest against Trudeau for the vaccine requirements to enter the US (nobody accused them of being intelligent) has spread to the local Make Canada Great Again goons. What better place to gather in large numbers, ruin the working class people of Ottawas lives and small business than the center of all evil? Violence in the streets, racist attacks, death threats against locals... the Canadian neo-nazis and alt rights are out in force like in so many other countries. The gullible buy their message too and do their bidding, marching in goose step like so many other places. All to the tune of it's my god given right to infect and kill other people. Have we heard that one before?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

58 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Way to go gofundme (seizing millions that the alt right groups behind the protest as it is now). What originally started as a protest against Trudeau for the vaccine requirements to enter the US (nobody accused them of being intelligent) has spread to the local Make Canada Great Again goons. What better place to gather in large numbers, ruin the working class people of Ottawas lives and small business than the center of all evil? Violence in the streets, racist attacks, death threats against locals... the Canadian neo-nazis and alt rights are out in force like in so many other countries. The gullible buy their message too and do their bidding, marching in goose step like so many other places. All to the tune of it's my god given right to infect and kill other people. Have we heard that one before?

But Gorthfuscius, surly you mean violence by Black Lives Matter ? Our friends from the alt-right are peaceful ! :biggrin: Do you think their Antifa false flags ?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

26 minutes ago, majestic said:

But Gorthfuscius, surly you mean violence by Black Lives Matter ? Our friends from the alt-right are peaceful ! :biggrin: Do you think their Antifa false flags ?

You funny majestic, you funny :biggrin: . But their are very fine people on both sides ?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

6 hours ago, Gorth said:

All to the tune of it's my god given right to infect and kill other people. Have we heard that one before?

multiple times, on this board and elsewhere.

'course, the liberty loving folks who sneer at mask or vaccine mandates justify by simultaneous diminishing the seriousness o' the pandemic. the government is exaggerating the severity o' the pandemic... unless you are in russia. and even if you do get covid is not as if you are gonna die 'cause the people who are dying o' covid is really dying o' heart disease and diabetes and auto-immune disorders, and so is a bunch o' hoopla and QQing over another fatty dying or some old person who were gonna expire in a year or two... or so the callousness goes until the somebody dying is not a stranger and then sudden the liberty loving mockers o' pandemic severity is offering their heartfelt best wishes that your grandma or immunocompromised child gets better asap, 'cause is not as if they is monsters, right? don't even get 'em started on how taking unproven vaccines, vaccines which enrich big pharma and the clinton cabal o' pedophile sex traffickers, is functional making self into a guinea pig which is double stoopid 'cause as already stated the pandemic is a big nothingburger that only the timid and overweight should be concerned regarding. etc.

losers believe conspiracy theories. we has linked those bs receptivity studies more than once and one o' the frequent common factors 'mongst the people who believe conspiracy theories which validate their selfishness is loser status-- denotative as 'posed to connotative. democrats were far more likely to believe 9/11 conspiracy theories at the time, 'cause republicans were in power. in spite o' the fact republicans were in power during the trump administration, the qanon folks here in the US is tending to be the white and working class group who feels as if they has been getting a raw deal for multiple decades. if you see self as having received the fuzzy end o' the lollipop, then bs receptivity increases significant. is no different in other nations.

the persons who is railing 'gainst mask mandates and vaccines is not championing their right to infect and kill others, 'cause the pandemic is not real and/or is being much exaggerated. you sheeple can go ahead and wear your masks and get vaccinated and get boosted, but QQing over masks and vaccinations is just proof o' your weakness and ignorance... +900k US dead and near six million worldwide is exaggeration and/or nothingburger.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

12 hours ago, Gorth said:

Their are still legitimate and reasonable protestors within the Canadian truckers but as normally happens with these  protests because their is no definitive and agreed on leadership and anyone can join  parts of the protests degenerate into chaos and illegal actions

Yes Gorthfuscious the rule of law and order must be maintained and you need  to deploy security forces effectively especially when certain  demands are beyond Trudeaus influence because its on the provincial level. And also you shouldnt be able to  " force " your government to change any pandemic restriction because that should be done based on the level of virus risk

But the biggest problem is I dont think Canada has the security forces, experience  or the training to effectively end this type of large scale protest? 

@Malcador Whats your opinion on deploying security forces to end the protests? Do they have the experience to do this without unnecessary bloodshed and damage to property?

Oh I  also didnt know you had a real Canadian Neo-Nazi movement, first time I have heard of it?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Oh I  also didnt know you had a real Canadian Neo-Nazi movement, first time I have heard of it?

That you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they don't exist...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/08/canada-ottawa-trucker-protest-extremist-qanon-neo-nazi

Other organizers joined Bauder, including Chris Barber, a Saskatchewan trucker who was fined $14,000 in October for violating provincial public health measures; Tamara Lich, an activist for a fringe political party advocating that Western Canada should become an independent state; Benjamin Dichter, who has warned of the “growing Islamization of Canada”; and Pat King, an anti-government agitator who has repeatedly called for Trudeau to be arrested.

Since they have arrived in Ottawa, the extreme elements of the protest have been visible: neo-Nazi and Confederate flags were seen flying, QAnon logos were emblazoned on trucks and signs and stickers were pasted to telephone poles around the occupied area bear Trudeau’s face, reading: “Wanted for crimes against humanity.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/neo-nazi-group-infiltrator-the-base-1.6302804

Six days before Canadian combat military engineer Patrik Mathews was arrested by the FBI in January 2020, he was offering military training to members of a neo-Nazi group.

On recordings made by an anti-fascist activist who infiltrated The Base, Mathews can be heard discussing how he would conduct a paramilitary training event in Michigan, teaching members of the organization skills he had learned in the Canadian army.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59085935

Two neo-Nazis who were recorded plotting a violent attack to bring down the US government have been sentenced to nine years in prison.

US District Judge Theodore Chuang said the recording showed the "virulence" of their desire to kill and overthrow the US government, AP News reported. "The court rejects the notion that this was merely talk among friends," he added.

Mathews, a Canadian Army reservist, had fled Canada after his name was exposed by the Winnipeg Free Press.

He went on to live in the US state of Georgia where he engaged in military-style training exercises with the group.

Yes, they are out in force these days, being the shadow organizers of the "anti vax"/"anti mask"/"anti try to stop covid" movements, trying to incite violence and attract the brainless masses to do their bidding, as the good puppets they are.

• Thanks 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Their are still legitimate and reasonable protestors within the Canadian truckers but as normally happens with these  protests because their is no definitive and agreed on leadership and anyone can join  parts of the protests degenerate into chaos and illegal actions

Aren't they guilty by association same way as BLM protesters? And it would be acceptable to take them all away in unmarked cars by people not wearing uniforms? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Elerond said:

Aren't they guilty by association same way as BLM protesters? And it would be acceptable to take them all away in unmarked cars by people not wearing uniforms? 

Anyone breaking the law and involved in criminality should be arrested, it doesnt matter if its BLM protestors or Canadian truckers :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, Gorth said:

Nah, wouldn't say it mostly neo-nazis.  Just usual people going off an inaccurate premise.  No mandates for vaccines in Canada by the government, is one for crossing the border.  They wanted to have one for inter province travel for truckers but not sure if they'll go ahead with that.  Now they're blockading more cities, also one of the crossings at Windsor, although just saw that ended.

Not even MCGA, it's MAGA, too many Albertans think they're American.  Heck, some want to secede and join the US (I guess they'll get statehood immediately, mostly white after all and have oil).

Wonder what the Canadian Trump will be like :lol:

Edited by Malcador
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Jordan Peterson has made several convincing videos about how the liberal media is incorrectly labeling all the protestors as right-wing and ignoring the original issues raised by the truckers

I agree with some of what he says but what doesnt change is the protesters are asking for something that Trudeau cannot agree to because its decided by the states so the entire original protest to "end mandatory vaccination requirements between states" cannot be achieved through this protest. That makes the disruption to peoples lives and shutting down highways as illegitimate and the Canadian security forces need to intervene 

John Milton 

13 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

Jordan Peterson has made several convincing videos about how the liberal media is incorrectly labeling all the protestors as right-wing and ignoring the original issues raised by the truckers

They largely are right wing, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 minute ago, Malcador said:

They largely are right wing, though.

The truckers are right wing?

John Milton 

1 minute ago, BruceVC said:

The truckers are right wing?

Yes. You think these are Liberal (centrist party) or NDP (our version of left wing) voters ? :lol:If he mean extreme right then yeah they're not all Nazis.  From hearing some there's a bit too many that sound like they'd fall for far right BS, though.

• Thanks 1

We have noticed up here in the Sacramento area suburbs, a lot more people not wearing masks, vs. the Peninsula where it's been rare to see anyone without one. All the stores/places have the "face covers must be worn" signs but people ignoring them, including, at times, the workers.

Kind of depends on the area tho. The "richer" areas you see most people complying, the less nice/more run down blocks/shopping areas, much less. Don't know the area enough to know what other social lines patterns to the mask compliance there might be vs. just the obvious seeming economic ones.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

35 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Yes. You think these are Liberal (centrist party) or NDP (our version of left wing) voters ? :lol:If he mean extreme right then yeah they're not all Nazis.  From hearing some there's a bit too many that sound like they'd fall for far right BS, though.

Yes he means they not Neo-Nazis right wing 

John Milton 

The funniest "stupid person" complaint I saw at the protest was some guy saying they were trying to have apartheid between the vaccinated and unvaccinated :lol:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Malcador said:

The funniest "stupid person" complaint I saw at the protest was some guy saying they were trying to have apartheid between the vaccinated and unvaccinated :lol:

It really annoys me when people use the Apartheid card when something has nothing to do with Apartheid 

John Milton 

We have a similar protest here which is labeled as being alt right etc, but the 2nd most popular flag there is actually the Maori Sovereignty flag; not exactly a staple with neo nazis and the like.

Does get rather amusing constantly being told that it's all alt right imported american conspiracy theories from Steve B*nnon and his coterie of trumptards- and there is a lot of MAGA stuff, to be fair- when every shot has a uniquely local flag being waved enthusiastically by decidedly brown people.

The most amusing in absolute terms though? Could be the guy who thinks face masks cause lung cancer, and that the media deliberately make them look stupid? Or maybe the South Island convoy forgetting that Wellington is located in the cunningly named 'North Island' and that they couldn't simply drive across Cook Strait; leading to them trying to organise a Dunkirk type operation on short notice...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

The most amusing in absolute terms though? Could be the guy who thinks face masks cause lung cancer, and that the media deliberately make them look stupid? Or maybe the South Island convoy forgetting that Wellington is located in the cunningly named 'North Island' and that they couldn't simply drive across Cook Strait; leading to them trying to organise a Dunkirk type operation on short notice...

I'm sure prayers will fix their issues...

How Did Moses Part the Red Sea? - WSJ

https://summit.news/2022/02/10/doctor-who-discovered-omicron-variant-says-she-was-pressured-to-not-reveal-it-was-mild/

Here is a very relevant article that highlights how some  of the pandemic measures have been misplaced and forms of government overreach in an attempt to control our societies for reasons that are beyond me  

• Like 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Keeping certain people in a pants-wetting emotional state is big business. You can see their panic almost daily. The damn fatcat pharmacy companies are probably behind it all too.

I love this word you guys use "fatcats " :biggrin:

I love cats and I really  think a fat cat  is cute, especially when they resting with their furry belly's hanging out :cat:

John Milton 

amusing is the recognition that anxiety is one o' the common attributes o' conspiratorial thinking. 

http://faculty.washington.edu/srad/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Is-Belief-in-Conspiracy-Theories-Pathological-Final.pdf

One likely cause of belief is people’s psychological state at the time
of measurement, which can affect how they assimilate and interpret information. For example,
insecurity causes people to believe that forces outside of their control are shaping events. The
loss of control triggers a need to compensate by imagining that they have a grasp on an otherwise

complex situation, allowing them to reassert control. Anxiety need not be dispositional, but
may be primed through short-term triggers, as several laboratory and survey experiments have
shown. If anxiety leads to a desire to restore control, then respondents who experience anxiety
should be more receptive to conspiratorial logics.

the conspiratorial thinker's sense o' powerlessness and impotence is what creates such rich fodder for wingnut theories. 

thus if you are looking for wet pants in a crowd o' adults, start spouting qanon or pandemic conspiracies and see who agrees most quick and vociferous. 

back when the pandemic started we had the antivaxxers and pandemic marginalization crowd suggesting The Government were inflating the death numbers... you folks know who you are. the early prognostications that there could be as many as 250k deaths attributed to coronavirus were dismissed as a scare tactic. 900k dead later (at least) and those same folks has not bothered to reassess. heck, some o' these folks sneering at potential seriousness o' covid-19 were the ones at the front o' the line hoarding eggs and toilet paper, which were hardly the most convincing display o' intestinal fortitude, eh?

the inability to change one's position in spite o' changing data is an attribute common to both the science ignorant and the conspiracy theorist. blame yet again on anxiety? the person who  embraces the conspiracy theory does so out o' a sense o' powerlessness 'ccording to those bs receptivity studies, and admitting wrongness 'bout the seriousness o' covid-19 would be a display o' weakness. can't help but feel a bit o' sympathy for these poor folks and their fears which lead 'em to squint their eyes and take a two wise monkey approach... not three 'cause they is most assured willing to speak. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)