Coronavirus 666: This is one sick thread!!!

Gfted1

Whelp, looks like I got the rona.

• Sad 9

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

38 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

How are you doing so far, and how long has it been since symptoms?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

41 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

Get well soon

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

22 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

How are you doing so far, and how long has it been since symptoms?

Not great, but nothing life threatening so far. Right now my body feels sore and I've been getting hit with waves of fatigue. I had a 102F fever but it broke. We'll have to see if there is any long covid stuff, I recently failed a vision exam to renew my DL because my left eye is blurry. Never had vision problems before so I'm wondering what the hell is going on there and if it may be covid related.

I've been noticably sick since Monday and just got the test results today after testing on Tuesday. More than likely I got it from work or the grocery store. Luckily I was able to call off work and cancel appointments before testing.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My household is dealing with it as well. My daughter tested positive over a week ago. She had actually just had the booster, so at first we thought her not feeling well was just a reaction, but we took a test to be safe and she was positive. After a week of staying home and quarantining, she tested negative and was feeling a lot better. It was mostly low grade fever and congestion, although she was nauseous on day 1. 

The whole household has been testing regularly, and this weekend my wife tested positive. So now my daughter is recovered, my wife is quarantined, I am sleeping on the couch, and my son is complaining about a scratchy throat...:unsure:

My wife's symptoms are minor as well. We are all vaccinated and recently boosted, so that seems to be helping. Other than some hypochondria, I'm feeling great. I ran a solid 10k yesterday. I am supposed to keep reporting to work unless I test negative or have symptoms.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, KP on top of ZA WARUDO said:

Not great, but nothing life threatening so far. Right now my body feels sore and I've been getting hit with waves of fatigue. I had a 102F fever but it broke. We'll have to see if there is any long covid stuff, I recently failed a vision exam to renew my DL because my left eye is blurry. Never had vision problems before so I'm wondering what the hell is going on there and if it may be covid related.

I've been noticably sick since Monday and just got the test results today after testing on Tuesday. More than likely I got it from work or the grocery store. Luckily I was able to call off work and cancel appointments before testing.

If you feel anything starting to go wrong with your lungs, that's pretty much your bellwether to go in and get checked out if you can. Sudden lung failure has snuck up on many a covid victim...hope everything rights itself sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

9 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

If you feel anything starting to go wrong with your lungs, that's pretty much your bellwether to go in and get checked out if you can. Sudden lung failure has snuck up on many a covid victim...hope everything rights itself sooner rather than later.

Nothing with my lungs, but my throat feels bad and I've been coughing. I think I'm through the worst but you can't be too careful.

• Like 3

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

My household is dealing with it as well. My daughter tested positive over a week ago. She had actually just had the booster, so at first we thought her not feeling well was just a reaction, but we took a test to be safe and she was positive. After a week of staying home and quarantining, she tested negative and was feeling a lot better. It was mostly low grade fever and congestion, although she was nauseous on day 1. 

The whole household has been testing regularly, and this weekend my wife tested positive. So now my daughter is recovered, my wife is quarantined, I am sleeping on the couch, and my son is complaining about a scratchy throat...:unsure:

My wife's symptoms are minor as well. We are all vaccinated and recently boosted, so that seems to be helping. Other than some hypochondria, I'm feeling great. I ran a solid 10k yesterday. I am supposed to keep reporting to work unless I test negative or have symptoms.

Timing of the booster seems to be clutch. My significant other got hers when they first became available (she works in healthcare). I didn't schedule mine until mid-December.

Unfortunately, everyone here got it last week, but I got it last and have had the mildest symptoms (comparatively).

All that to say, get your boosters everyone, and sleeping on the couch will, apparently, only keep you safe for so long :(

Edited by Achilles
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

13 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Timing of the booster seems to be clutch. My significant other got hers when they first became available (she works in healthcare). I didn't schedule mine until mid-December.

Unfortunately, everyone here got it last week, but I got it last and have had the mildest symptoms (comparatively).

All that to say, get your boosters everyone, and sleeping on the couch will, apparently, only keep you safe for so long :(

transmissibility were described by one doctor on cnn (so take for what it is worth) as equivalent to the measles, which if accurate means if you live with somebody who has omicron and you are not the rare individual with natural immunity, then is hard to imagine you will not become infected, though you could be infected and asymptomatic and/or have an extreme mild case. 

get vaccinated. get the booster. social distance if you are immunocompromised or have health issues which make you vulnerable. etc. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I believe its inevitable that most  of us will get Corona sometime, it will become like the flu as the variants become less deadly. When I say inevitable I mean you cannot avoid strangers or socializing with people forever, kids have to go back to school, young people have to go to back to University and many of us have work engagements and responsibilities. But end of the day the only effective way to ensure you not exposed to the virus is to isolate yourself which is not realistic for the majority of people 

The best solution is to ensure you  vaccinated and boostered where applicable.  I hope everyone has a speedy recovery 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Heh, my wife had a "dull headache" for a few days last week and talked herself into the rona. Took her and got a rapid test and PCR test, and there was nothing wrong. :lol:

@KP on top of ZA WARUDO Hopefully you dont come down with Covid dong.

You have no idea how easy it is to manifest symptoms of the virus and think you have it, I know in my direct family many times people have said " I must have the virus " and sometimes they do but mostly they dont which is confirmed after a test 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Recycled a bunch of posts to start a new thread....

Previous thread variant:

That reminds me, it's time to book a booster shot 💉

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vax-folk-singer-got-161649983.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Here is a troubling and sad story about the virus, a Czech folk singer who was vaccine hesitant decided to get the virus from her husband and son because then she would get a health pass once she recovered

Sadly she died

@Chilloutman whats the view of this story  on the ground in Czech?

• Sad 1

John Milton 

Really not a big story, no idea why its  going around the internets. Its sad. If you are old and have some health issues you probably should avoid any illness and not go for it. That said its basically result of creating 2 class society on very unreasonable rules in my opinion. Most people I know are anti-vax tbh including my family. No-one would want to get ill if it would not make you 'better' person in eyes of public. You either need shots or paper that you got Covid so you can go to cinema, theater, pub... basically anywhere or 2 days old test. And there are more moronic rules which I don't have time to go into but basically there is quite boom for faked vaccinations and/or groups of people trying to get cov just to get their papers for normal live

Edited by Chilloutman
  • Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Chilloutman said:

Really not a big story, no idea why its  going around the internets. Its sad. If you are old and have some health issues you probably should avoid any illness and not go for it. That said its basically result of creating 2 class society on very unreasonable rules in my opinion. Most people I know are anti-vax tbh including my family. No-one would want to get ill if it would not make you 'better' person in eyes of public. You either need shots or paper that you got Covid so you can go to cinema, theater, pub... basically anywhere or 2 days old test. And there are more moronic rules which I don't have time to go into but basically there is quite boom for faked vaccinations and/or groups of people trying to get cov just to get their papers for normal live

I agree it seems strange it became an active Internet story, I guess its part of the  " this is how dangerous the virus is " but Omicron is not as deadly as previous variants. This lady was unfortunate because lots of people are unvaccinated and have contracted Omicron and they didnt die so I do think this story is partly  fear-mongering 

John Milton 

Extended family (i.e. the in-laws) caught Corona after my sister-in-law's daugther had the glorious idea to go on vacation. So that's a whole lot of infected people also on the flight, not to mention the danger posed by a all the comorbidities of her mother (breast cancer, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, the works). The next few days are going to be a we bit filled with a whole lot of worrying. *sigh*

There's always something with them. Well, I hope they get out if it all right.

• Sad 3

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

My dad and stepmom arrived in Cpt this week and this morning when I spoke to him he had flu symptoms and this evening he tested positive for the virus. He has been vaccinated so hopefully it should he fine but with his dementia it makes it worse as he doesn't always take things seriously 

John Milton 

On 1/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Gfted1 said:

Heh, my wife had a "dull headache" for a few days last week and talked herself into the rona. Took her and got a rapid test and PCR test, and there was nothing wrong. :lol:

@KP on top of ZA WARUDO Hopefully you dont come down with Covid dong.

I was so sick a couple of days ago that I was pretty sure that I had covid for the third time but thankfully my rapid test said nope. Then my wife got whatever I had and was so sick she was sure she had covid again and her test said nope as well.

Free games updated 3/4/21