Coronavirus 666: This is one sick thread!!!

Gfted1

10 hours ago, rjshae said:

For me it was always about the hospitalization rate. If you can keep the rate manageable without a lockdown, then you should consider avoiding a lockdown because it can do more harm than good. That's probably where the US is now, although mask requirements can still be helpful as a pre-emptive measure.

Agreed but thats why I said " if vaccines are available " because I also think its pointless to keep  explaining time and time again  the efficacy of vaccines and end of the day  it still doesnt change the minds of anti-vaxxers and vaccine hesitancy people who mostly decide to believe SM and anecdotal stories about vaccines not working or being some kind of mind control or just having  a commercial objective and not  being medically beneficial 

And even mask wearing, why enforce it if people are taking vaccines because you are going to get exposed anyway during a wave because life returns to normal unless you stay at some and dont socialize or dont  work with other people? Thats what the UK did and deaths and hospitalizations didnt overwhelm the NHI because of the high levels of vaccination

The only exception to this would be  a variant that escapes the efficacy of  vaccines and  then we need more serious measures like lockdowns or mandatory mask wearing ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, BruceVC said:

And even mask wearing, why enforce it if people are taking vaccines because you are going to get exposed anyway during a wave because life returns to normal unless you stay at some and dont socialize or dont  work with other people? Thats what the UK did and deaths and hospitalizations didnt overwhelm the NHI because of the high levels of vaccination

The only exception to this would be  a variant that escapes the efficacy of  vaccines and  then we need more serious measures like lockdowns or mandatory mask wearing ?

Do you wash your hands? Why?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

13 minutes ago, rjshae said:

Do you wash your hands? Why?

I wash  my hands when I have been to the toilet and when I cook food and its because of germs ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I wash  my hands when I have been to the toilet and when I cook food and its because of germs ?

Right, sanitation. Which is the point of the mask wearing. Just because we could let the virus run rampant through the population doesn't mean we should. There's a net negative impact on the economy from too many people being out sick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

9 hours ago, rjshae said:

Right, sanitation. Which is the point of the mask wearing. Just because we could let the virus run rampant through the population doesn't mean we should. There's a net negative impact on the economy from too many people being out sick.

Yes when a country is experiencing waves mask  wearing make sense but not indefinitely and when there are low  levels of new infections. We seeing less than 500/day 

But I am suggesting the UK model of success which is high levels of vaccination and then things like masks are optional. It led to low levels of deaths and hospitalizations 

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

My parents decided that it's time to catch the 'rona. They're both fine outside of regular flu symptoms. I've been feeling a little tired, but otherwise I'm fine, in spite of having had close contact. Third time (that I know of, at least) I'm directly exposed due to coworkers and family.

Antigen test came back negative, so not sure. Might be tired from something else, but it sure feels a little like I'm a little under the weather.

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1
  • Gasp! 4

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

48 minutes ago, majestic said:

My parents decided that it's time to catch the 'rona. They're both fine outside of regular flu symptoms. I've been feeling a little tired, but otherwise I'm fine, in spite of having had close contact. Third time (that I know of, at least) I'm directly exposed due to coworkers and family.

Antigen test came back negative, so not sure. Might be tired from something else, but it sure feels a little like I'm a little under the weather.

Be careful, you may have caught another disease that will be a third plague to go with the rona and the monkeypox.

• Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

• 3 weeks later...

There were several lawsuits against the government here in regards to the vaccinations and one has been already won. The one that has been won is about the vaccination procedures being at best inadequate and at worst criminally negligent as all vaccination centers require (by law) to be staffed by 8 doctors of 8 different specializations and all their equipment should be readily available as well as at least 1 nurse per doctor. Most vaccination centers had 1 general practitioner and some had no doctor at all present.

One that is currently ongoing is that the vaccines themselves are illegal as there is ample evidence of readily available medication that could suppress the disease without the need for vaccines and, according to the law, if there is medication available already you cannot give emergency approval to experimental medication for widespread use by the public. Given a recently published study from a university in USA  (in Minnesota if i remember right), this will probably be won too as the study suggests that 3 cheap and readily available medications: levofloxacin, ivermectin and metformin are highly effective at treating patients with covid and the 2 first were well documented early in the pandemic while the 3rd was found to be effective (even more than the other 2) more recently. The lawsuit claims that medication that contained the 2 first substances was pulled off the market and production of it was halted as soon as vaccine research was announced and that there was a deliberate media campaign to discredit them as covid treatments.

As for Metformin i can say that i saw its effects first hand. Metformin is used for medication that treats diabetes and my 90 year old diabetic grandma uses it. While unvaccinated, she had the least symptoms of all the family when we got it.

• Hmmm 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

1 hour ago, Elerond said:

Metformin has worse adverse effects than any of the Covid vaccines 

And results to help against covid don't seem very convincing

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2201662

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/ivermectin-doesnt-stop-covid-19-large-study-finds/ar-AAVIN7z

Here is another link that highlights how Ivermectin had no real positive qualities to treat Covid

And it was " legalized " in SA to treat Covid but that was due to public pressure from some  but it made no difference 

John Milton 

2 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

There were several lawsuits against the government here in regards to the vaccinations and one has been already won. The one that has been won is about the vaccination procedures being at best inadequate and at worst criminally negligent as all vaccination centers require (by law) to be staffed by 8 doctors of 8 different specializations and all their equipment should be readily available as well as at least 1 nurse per doctor. Most vaccination centers had 1 general practitioner and some had no doctor at all present.

One that is currently ongoing is that the vaccines themselves are illegal as there is ample evidence of readily available medication that could suppress the disease without the need for vaccines and, according to the law, if there is medication available already you cannot give emergency approval to experimental medication for widespread use by the public. Given a recently published study from a university in USA  (in Minnesota if i remember right), this will probably be won too as the study suggests that 3 cheap and readily available medications: levofloxacin, ivermectin and metformin are highly effective at treating patients with covid and the 2 first were well documented early in the pandemic while the 3rd was found to be effective (even more than the other 2) more recently. The lawsuit claims that medication that contained the 2 first substances was pulled off the market and production of it was halted as soon as vaccine research was announced and that there was a deliberate media campaign to discredit them as covid treatments.

As for Metformin i can say that i saw its effects first hand. Metformin is used for medication that treats diabetes and my 90 year old diabetic grandma uses it. While unvaccinated, she had the least symptoms of all the family when we got it.

But vaccines are taken to give you anti-bodies so you get less sick before you exposed . They not suppose to be taken when you already have the virus?

John Milton 

That reminds me I should get myself booked for am appointment for a booster shot... it's already been 5 months since the last booster shot 🤔

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

27 minutes ago, Gorth said:

That reminds me I should get myself booked for am appointment for a booster shot... it's already been 5 months since the last booster shot 🤔

Same as me but I wont take a booster unless we see another wave, no one I know is taking one for the fourth time 

John Milton 

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Same as me but I wont take a booster unless we see another wave, no one I know is taking one for the fourth time 

I wouldn't call it a wave... but most of my friends and colleagues have caught covid the last 6 months. Since nobody dies from it anymore, nobody makes a fuss about it. I still have great respect for Long Covid though. I can think of a lot of interesting and hilarious ways to die, several of them worthy of jokes, anecdotes and song. Your brain withering away, coughing up your longs doesn't fit the bill. So far, I've stayed clear of Covid through a combination of vaccine and good practices. I would like to keep it that way for a while yet.

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 minutes ago, Gorth said:

I wouldn't call it a wave... but most of my friends and colleagues have caught covid the last 6 months. Since nobody dies from it anymore, nobody makes a fuss about it. I still have great respect for Long Covid though. I can think of a lot of interesting and hilarious ways to die, several of them worthy of jokes, anecdotes and song. Your brain withering away, coughing up your longs doesn't fit the bill. So far, I've stayed clear of Covid through a combination of vaccine and good practices. I would like to keep it that way for a while yet.

You make a good point about avoiding long Covid, I agree 

John Milton 

• 3 months later...