raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

3 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

No, I get that. If we had six arms and four legs spread out in a sort of square shaped stance, we'd probably draw most "aliens" with a similar structure. We draw what we know. But for games, films, TV in this modern era, it'd be nice to see something with better vision more often, vs. just "sexy human bodies with animal heads/tails."

There's an old space turn-based strategy game I remember fondly, "Ascendancy", where the most humanoid race were sort of space T-rexes. There were a few that looked like cells or blobs of mist, there was a swarm and a robot civilization that said "Death to all" as a greeting. Discovering that game was such a pleasant surprise. :biggrin:

On 11/7/2021 at 11:42 PM, LadyCrimson said:

I ... don't know how to feel about anything Borderlands anymore. At first I thought it was going to be another BL3 DLC, but apparently it's a "full priced" game. And will be Epic exclusive at first, but no one knows for how long. Could be only a month, could be six months. At any rate ... taking a major fan favorite DLC and turning into a game (vs. an official "BL4") that likely uses the same engine/mechanics as BL3 and (assuming) charging 60 for it feels ... kinda oogey. Not to mention lack of creativity. Being able to "multi-class" by mixing up 6 skill trees on one chr. might be interesting for a looter, but it better be full-price game length, at least. Tiny Tiny was a great DLC but I'm not sure how well it'd stretch out to full-game. Hm. I think on my own I wouldn't buy it until on deep sale but I'm sure hubby will get bored next summer and "make" me play it so we'll see.   :mellow:  I will say tho, that if this ends up boring or company-annoying me in the long run as much as BL3 did, I'm done with this franchise. Hubby can continue to play it alone, if he wants. 😛

I just grabbed

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure on EPIC for free. Guess it's a teaser to advertise the full game?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

I just grabbed

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep: A Wonderlands One-shot Adventure on EPIC for free. Guess it's a teaser to advertise the full game?

From what I can see/tell, it's basically just the original Tiny Tina (BL2) DLC - I mean literally that exact DLC - tweaked so you can play it without having to have BL2 attached to it. With new "chest types", some cut and pasted quests from other BL2 stuff into it, and costume heads from other BL2 DLC, that kind of stuff. Maybe a max level for it too.

They want to charge $10 for it on Steam from the start and after a week or two same on Epic. This is pretty ridiculous, imo. Should be free if you own BL2 on Steam, although ofc, from the sound of it, there is zero reason to buy it if you own BL2/all its DLC in the first place.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Absolutely " must watch " Todd Howard video for those fans of Bethesda :thumbsup:

• Thanks 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Elex 2 is set for a March 1st release date.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/900040/ELEX_II/

Day 1 purchase for sure !!!

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-10-star-citizen-developer-plans-1000-person-manchester-mega-studio

"A five-year plan will see 700 people fill the building by 2023, before further growth to an eye-opening team size of 1000 by 2026."

Insert jokes about Chris Roberts and planning here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

44 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

Very good gameplay video, this  game is looking incredible

I think the openworld definitely works and the guy explained how its been implemented and how exploration matters and rewards you. And some of those monsters are artistically just stunning 

I love that dragon in the swamp and its AI ...very clever :dragon:

• Like 1

John Milton 

Well, so it is "true" open world then. Hm. As one of the few around here who actually likes open world (if it's an interesting open world, unlike ... Skyrim ... pfft), that puts my interest meter up higher. I'd still need a combat cheat tho, since I have no desire to feel some sense of achievement re: tough battles. 😛

Also ... save on exit. Not fond of that when something can be played offline/single-player, but I've put up with it for 7 Days to Die for years so it's manageable. Assuming ... it can be played in Offline mode. If one has to have a net connection all the time, even for SP, then no. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I think the openworld definitely works and the guy explained how its been implemented and how exploration matters and rewards you.

It does look great indeed. I thin my previous question of “what does open world adds to DS formula” was somewhat answered.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wormerine said:

It does look great indeed. I thin my previous question of “what does open world adds to DS formula” was somewhat answered.

Yes and you also have always raised how openworld, like W3,  can be effectively implemented without being an " empty " experience like Mamie was concerned about 

I didnt realize Darksiders is considered a Dark Souls type of game ? Because I thought I had never played a Dark Souls type of game but I have played Darksiders 2 and I thought it was great ...do you think Darksiders is similar to DS?

John Milton 

7 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I didnt realize Darksiders is considered a Dark Souls type of game?

I only played Darksiders 1&2 and those are not Dark Souls type games. I mean both titles draw inspiration from Zelda so there is some minimal overlap. Darksiders3, however, I am told draws quite a bit from Dark Souls - also people generally didn't like that one. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I only played Darksiders 1&2 and those are not Dark Souls type games. I mean both titles draw inspiration from Zelda so there is some minimal overlap. Darksiders3, however, I am told draws quite a bit from Dark Souls - also people generally didn't like that one. 

Dammit, okay. Because in that Elder video you posted the reviewer mentioned he has played all DS type games and he mentions Darksiders so I thought I was lucky 

John Milton 

4 hours ago, Katphood said:

The GTA Trilogy Remastered is missing some 40+ songs from Vice City and San Andreas. 

Oh well, I guess I just stick to the older versions or just mod the PC version.

Must have had to renegotiate music licenses for the remaster.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

Because in that Elder video you posted the reviewer mentioned he has played all DS type games and he mentions Darksiders so I thought I was lucky 

I rewatched the video and he mentions Darksider3 specifically. Skillup is one of the few reviewers that I watched that thought Darksiders3 was alright

• Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Kotaku was the old frontier.

Edited by Malcador

On 11/9/2021 at 6:06 AM, BruceVC said:

But Keyrock I do have one question, why do the female characters always have to look so young? I know this gets raised and its not done for any intentionally strange reason but generally I have noticed this ...

It seems to be a standard Japanese cultural factor in their games  or am I missing something?

If you're talking about the actual human characters, they're school children. This is pretty standard for japanese games.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

If you're talking about the actual human characters, they're school children. This is pretty standard for japanese games.

But why dont they have adults as characters or at least a combination?

As I mentioned I know its not some kind of weird reason and its very normal but why use children ?

John Milton