raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

17 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Damn liberals ruining the interweb again...

What have I done this time? 😢

• Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

8 hours ago, melkathi said:

Damn liberals ruining the interweb again...

To be  fair this is reasonable concern  but its not liberals who would make these arguments 

Because the  reality of the dichotomy in the USA is its  not either normal liberals or conservatives that are responsible because  of course you can have different views on SJ topics or policies and still agree on things

If I had to summarize what is the cause is the reality of some people who decided to make assumptions about what it means if you believe one  side or another and then  your opinion doesnt matter anymore because " the other side is automatically wrong " 

And the whole point of debate is not about making any assumptions of someone else's views. Because that is not a debate but rather what a monologue is 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If there's not a card titled "take an arrow to the knee" then #notrealskryim

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

At Bethesda: "So is there a platform we haven't ported Skyrim to yet?" "Oh, I know..."

It is the year 2036. Bethesda Softworks just released Skyrim 25th Anniversary Edition for Playstayion 8 and XBOX Ə%<Œ. TES 6 is still in "development".

Edited by Keyrock
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

15 hours ago, Keyrock said:

It is the year 2036. Bethesda Softworks just released Skyrim 25th Anniversary Edition for Playstayion 8 and XBOX Ə%<Œ. TES 6 is still in "development".

And I still havent played Skyrim yet :-

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

And I still havent played Skyrim yet :-

I tried, and in true Bethesda game fashion I got bored. According to my steam I did sink over 32 hours into it though. I think those were two seperate attempts. I can't recall a single interesting thing from my time with that game. It's popularity truly confuses me. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wormerine said:

I tried, and in true Bethesda game fashion I got bored. According to my steam I did sink over 32 hours into it though. I think those were two seperate attempts. I can't recall a single interesting thing from my time with that game. It's popularity truly confuses me. 

Wormie, you know the answer to that important question....mods, mods , mods, mods 

That is why we love and play Bethesda games :thumbsup:

• Like 1

John Milton 

The most fun I had in my several hours of Skyrim was taking screenshots and inserting FO:NV characters into them.

Oh, and making the FoV extreme so I could see my wonky arms/hands as I cast spells.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Wormie, you know the answer to that important question....mods, mods , mods, mods 

Yes, mods, something I very rarely engage with, and definitely not in games I don't like to begin with. It is a must for Bethesda, but I tend to limit myself to stuff like properly designed UI etc. I remember watching Noah's usual overly long Neverwinter Nights critique, and he made an interesting argument that NWN1 campaign was intentionally crap - a showcase of what engine can do, but formulaic, bland and uninspired enough so players reaction will be: pfff, I can do that better! I am not convinced about intentional brilliance of NWN1 undercooked campaign, but it did make me think of my experiences with Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout3. I tried more mods with Fallout: New Vegas, but I found community made content was clearly of a lower quality then base game. Are Bethesda titles intentionally shoddy, so modding it feels natural? It's not like one can break things further. 🤔

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Amentep said:

So pwetty.

I suppose I won't know how I feel about it until I try it. Looks good - like they are expanding pure dungeon crawling of Dark Souls into a more well rounded aRPG. Will it be better for it, though? We shall see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Yes, mods, something I very rarely engage with, and definitely not in games I don't like to begin with. It is a must for Bethesda, but I tend to limit myself to stuff like properly designed UI etc. I remember watching Noah's usual overly long Neverwinter Nights critique, and he made an interesting argument that NWN1 campaign was intentionally crap - a showcase of what engine can do, but formulaic, bland and uninspired enough so players reaction will be: pfff, I can do that better! I am not convinced about intentional brilliance of NWN1 undercooked campaign, but it did make me think of my experiences with Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout3. I tried more mods with Fallout: New Vegas, but I found community made content was clearly of a lower quality then base game. Are Bethesda titles intentionally shoddy, so modding it feels natural? It's not like one can break things further. 🤔

I feel the same way, new Vegas mods always felt amateur(which they are) with skyrim you could barely tell the difference between mod and main.  But because I didn't enjoy the game to begin with it just felt like more throw away content, in a game full of throw away content.

4 hours ago, Wormerine said:

So pwetty.

I suppose I won't know how I feel about it until I try it. Looks good - like they are expanding pure dungeon crawling of Dark Souls into a more well rounded aRPG. Will it be better for it, though? We shall see. 

I am little bit woried of the vast open-worldedness of this game :( I just get bored after few days whenever I start to play some OW game :(

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

For all of you Solasta Fans, today the Primal Calling DLC has been released on GOG, and probably on other platforms as well. Barbarians, Druids and Half-Orcs are joining the roster.

https://www.gog.com/game/solasta_crown_of_the_magister_primal_calling

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I am little bit woried of the vast open-worldedness of this game :( I just get bored after few days whenever I start to play some OW game :(

No Mamie their is something wrong with the constructive of your post ....it sounds like you saying you dont like open world? Clearly something is lost in translation :-

If you honestly dont like open world design can you give me 3 reasons why?

John Milton 

I think it was posted here somewhere, but this sums up what sucks about OW game design pretty good.

1 hour ago, BruceVC said:

No Mamie their is something wrong with the constructive of your post ....it sounds like you saying you dont like open world? Clearly something is lost in translation :-

If you honestly dont like open world design can you give me 3 reasons why?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BruceVC said:

No Mamie their is something wrong with the constructive of your post ....it sounds like you saying you dont like open world?

Open-world is this concept that sounds good but rarely turns out interesting. If you let players to do anything at any point and go anywhere it's difficult to create something worth doing or experiencing - story wise you can't create a good one, as you have little control over story progression - a good story has to have arcs and developement and how do you create that stuff, if everyplayer can experience story in a different order (see Deadfire)? Gameplay wise - it's all about building complexity. You can't do that if you have no control over content. There is a reason, I think, why open-world games tend to have a depth of a puddle. And if you have progression system: how do you make sure that no matter where player goes the content will be sufficiently easy/challenging? And as stunning as open-world can be for first couple hours the spell quickly wanes as we realise how static the world is, how repetitive activities are, and one just wishes he could get to interesting stuff quicker. For example I prefered Metroidvenia like, developing world of Arkham Asylum over either of it's "open world" sequels, which felt more artificial and more static to me. 

So I like games which make you FEEL like you can go anywhere, but generally not open world - in that regard first half Dark Souls1 was all that it needed to be. There are open world games that I did enjoy: Witcher3, Gothic1&2, New Vegas. I do feel that while set in the open world, those games are more linear in nature, with open world being "a stage" rather then game itself. And there are sandbox games like Mount&Blade, but I think their nature is a bit different then your ususal Open World. There are also Metroidvanias - I tend to like those. 

So in case of Elden Ring, I am asking myself: what positive thing will be added to Dark Souls formula by going open world? Nothing comes to mind as of now, but I was sceptical about WItcher3 and it turned out to be the best in the series. 

• Like 3