raNdOM vidEo game newSS

Amentep

20 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

like every day of a professional Twitter outrager?

Funny thing is, you look like the professional outrager here. 😄

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

7 minutes ago, Malcador said:

So, there is no way to make armour look coo or diverese without boob plate ? 

No, its a fantasy setting like Conan comics...since when did fantasy need to be realistic?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I think you people just need to get off Twitter.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 minutes ago, Lexx said:

Funny thing is, you look like the professional outrager here. 😄

lol, I am not outraged at all, I am just pointing out at the ridiculousness of some people arguments about what is realistic and unrealistic in a fantasy game 😄

Smoughset.png

Or have you seen anyone ever in an obsessive ragemode over this boobplate as well? 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Then why do the jab at "twitter outrage" when none of the other posts around here had anything to do with twitter right now? Clearly you seem to be projecting.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

2 minutes ago, Lexx said:

It was less stupid.

Of all the things that were stupid in PoE, they spent their time fixing something that was for all intents and purposes meaningless. So in a sense it actually made the game worse, as it took their attention and focus (however small).

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Considering at the time they had nothing but concept art, I don't believe it affected stuff like game mechanics and whatnot.

That said, I still think having less edgy fantasy armor made the game better.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

Just now, Lexx said:

Considering at the time they had nothing but concept art, I don't believe it affected stuff like game mechanics and whatnot.

3 minutes ago, Sarex said:

as it took their attention and focus (however small).

Either way, I'm not advocating boobplate, your comment just struck me as funny.

On a tangential note, boobplate does help differentiate character genders in a top down game, as do inflated physiques.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 minute ago, Lexx said:

Then why do the jab at "twitter outrage" when none of the other posts around here had anything to do with twitter right now? Clearly you seem to be projecting.

Well, you might not. I was not jabbing at you. It was at the people raging about boobplate in PoE on these forums, which were very similar to what I seen on Kotaku or Twitter. It just made no sense at all 🤷‍♂️

Twitter is for me a synonym for a nonsense last few years, and its easier for me to express that way, what is on my mind 😅

Anyway, if you want some more good arguments about female armours (with or without boobs) from someone less "outraged" as me, here is another very good video with a lot of research behind it's publication :).

• Like 1

I don't particularly mind boobplate. It's about consistency in the art direction. If everyone else in a game is wearing realistic and functional looking armor and suddenly you introduce a buxom babe in a chain bikini, that stands out and warrants criticism. If, on the other hand, everybody is wearing exaggerated, cartoonish, and/or show offy outfits, then a woman wearing a corset as armor doesn't look out of place.

Anyway, Pillars had much bigger problems than boobplate, or the lack there of.

Edited by Keyrock
Spelling. I hate typing on phones.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

39 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

Would you elaborate on any reason, why this is absolutely ok ⬇️, but boob plate is not?

4219522544_d50cb94087_z.jpg?zz=1

That's ceremonial armor, AFAIK.  The Lord wearing that wouldn't be fighting in it and, again AFAIK, comes from a period when armor was becoming more for ceremony than utility anyhow.  If worn in battle, a sword that glances down the torso could easily get stopped on the knobby outcropping and the tip of the blade guided inward past the armor, something that doesn't make the armor terribly useful in a fight.  Similarly boobplate with cleavage could deflect armor off the boob towards the inner chest, the place you don't want blades to go.

Anyhow, if I'm correct, I don't think anyone would be complaining about cleavage baring or boobplated ceremonial armor provided the Lady in question didn't run out of the castle in it to start fighting rampaging ogres outside the gate.

(anyhow magic throws the whole thing in a high magic setting because, theoretically, you could have a magic ring that gives you a better AC than plate mail and fight buck nekkid).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

7 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Wow. This thing blew up.

This is just a robust debate and people have different opinions, nothing wrong with that :thumbsup:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Amentep said:

That's ceremonial armor, AFAIK.  The Lord wearing that wouldn't be fighting in it and, again AFAIK, comes from a period when armor was becoming more for ceremony than utility anyhow.  If worn in battle, a sword that glances down the torso could easily get stopped on the knobby outcropping and the tip of the blade guided inward past the armor, something that doesn't make the armor terribly useful in a fight.  Similarly boobplate with cleavage could deflect armor off the boob towards the inner chest, the place you don't want blades to go.

Anyhow, if I'm correct, I don't think anyone would be complaining about cleavage baring or boobplated ceremonial armor provided the Lady in question didn't run out of the castle in it to start fighting rampaging ogres outside the gate.

(anyhow magic throws the whole thing in a high magic setting because, theoretically, you could have a magic ring that gives you a better AC than plate mail and fight buck nekkid).

Of course it is ceremonial, but AFAIK some kind of ceremonial armour was used for jousting or similar tournaments to show off. But IMHO even if it must have been in the first place functional so you do not get injured. I also agree with what @Keyrocksaid, that throwing some cleavege just for the sake of male gaze is stupid, but if you are doing over the top art in the first place it is stupid and ridiculous if you make Shao Kahn running around in thongs, but then dress the female fighters in burka type dressing, despite that 99.999999% of females in MMA are wearing as less possible, just to be sure, that her opponents has less chance to get an advantage by grabbing her clothing. That is the type of hypocritical inconsistency, which I really hate about entertainment in these days 🤷‍♂️

Also, when talking about injuries, allow me to put another video on when boobplate is and when is not dangerous. I think his argumants are much much better and more believable than my arguments 😄

The realism argument against boobplate was always a bit silly. In reality, the number of women who wore plate armour or even breastplates* was incredibly low, and the number who fought in it so low that I'm not sure there is a single verifiable example at all. Realism says that neither should exist (nor chainmail bikinis**) so it's all a style choice.

Now, pauldrons, their abuse in gaming settings is most certainly a subject very close to my heart.

*decent number of women in other roles in medieval armies though, since anyone in them was simply assumed to be male. For obvious reasons limited to roles where you didn't need help putting armour on though.

**while unrealistic, it has to be said that half the english army at Agincourt fought literally literally half naked. That was due to the rampant dysentery they were suffering from though, not a video game catering to the female eye.

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

Wow. This thing blew up.

It's what keeps the Daily Mail in business.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am just saying I am team boobplate. And if possible let them fly without cover! I am always for sexy.

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

17 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

I am just saying I am team boobplate. And if possible let them fly without cover! I am always for sexy.

Luckily, there are very active Rule 34 communities to serve your needs. 😛

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I don't particularly mind boobplate. It's about consistency in the art direction. If everyone else in a game is wearing realistic and functional looking armor and suddenly you introduce a buxom babe in a chain bikini, that stands out and warrants criticism. If, on the other hand, everybody is wearing exaggerated, cartoonish, and/or show offy outfits, then a woman wearing a corset as armor doesn't look out of place.

Total agreement.

Also, for me personally, I don't even like most armor designs, male or female, in terms of gaming (not real life warring states where IRL protection is a factor) - I prefer ... clothes. So something like where "armor" is just something you wear stat wise, like an accessory, but the character appearance can be changed with clothes to whatever. FFXV, Tales of Arise style, for example.

That way you can have your stats and whatever appearance suits your personal fancy/ideals too.  I absolutely hate it in games where in order to get the best or close to best armor stats your character has to wear that stupid looking horned nose-pieced helmet and bright blue suit of armor, or whatever. I mean yeah if the intent of your game is historical accuracy, fine, but otherwise ... gimmie suits or t-shirts and jeans anyday. 😛

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm tempted to post some Boris Vallejo pictures here. :brows:

Edit: Screw it!

Vallejo_Forever_Castle-large.jpg?format=

m86evcqofyh21.jpg

For the sake of equal representation:

da7ec038e35d877ff7acf909677b2704.jpg

6429724181737bc5003a266b4cf70379.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks