What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

6 minutes ago, BruceVC said:

I havent at all....but now I need to  know, what did they fail at ?

Its important because it may negate my earlier point :lol:

They scrapped a Lord of the Rings MMO, released then unreleased Crucible, a game called The Grand Tour flopped so hard they stopped selling it altogether plus a few other projects got canned in development.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Oner said:

They scrapped a Lord of the Rings MMO, released then unreleased Crucible, a game called The Grand Tour flopped so hard they stopped selling it altogether plus a few other projects got canned in development.

Well the good news is this new MMO is generally getting good reviews ....so maybe it will be different 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yakuza: Like a Dragon. It's gut. Not sure about jRPG combat - I always through that action packed brawler was a nice balance to running around and chatting. As is, the game is overall low energy - though I do appreciate how hilarious the skills are. Liking Ichiban quite a bit. He is just as entertaining as Kiryu, just in a more derpy way. 

aUpUQF2.png

Also returned to Starcraft2. Finally after over 10 years, I have a PC that can run it well... Turns out, that my time spent in casual coop mode, actually made me a better player. Finally can comfortably multitask. Completed Wings of Libery on brutal, and outside the last mission I didn't have much trouble with it - while previously I have been struggling on hard. Am midway through Heart of the Swarm. Dang, I forgot how much the game drops in quality after the first campaign. Also I am still upset with how they twisted the characters for the sequel, and overal how garbage the story is. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

It is. A trend. I try to be patient but it's starting to be a tad annoying, because almost none of it feels important to furthering plot or chr. arcs, at least not for me. I'm clicking thru most skits faster and faster and faster ... Death Stranding had some super long cutscenes and things but at least they were intriguing sometimes...Tales of Arise writing is just long, dry repetition. Male lead is particularly one-note. I won't explain but ... sigh.

...my husbando makes it worth it tho.   :*
...and the environments keep getting prettier/better. I just wish some of the areas were a little bigger. Don't need "open world" or huge, just ... a little bigger.

I tried the previous game, Berseria, about a year ago. The game got worse and worse as more party members forcibly joined. Finally quit when the oh-so-kooky mage girl formally joined up. The whole thing was Mood Whiplash, The Game.

And the time before I quit wasn't enough to even learn how the combat system worked. That said, it was played in co-op so combat was just chaos anyway, no time to stop and figure things out.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Very thematically, in Starship Troopers, I lost half my army trying to clear out some bug nests and getting swarmed.

I had reinforcements drop at a nearby outpost to replace the lost units, but the bugs overran the outpost before the dropships landed, so when they did and the soldiers disembarked, they found themselves right in the middle of the bug swarm. Two of them managed to lob some grenades and take at least some bugs with them.

Because they had stirred that nest though, a larger swarm had been riled up and attacked my base, costing me half my HMG turrets...

• Gasp! 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

4 hours ago, Humanoid said:

And the time before I quit wasn't enough to even learn how the combat system worked.

Arise doesn't explain a ton of things very well/accessibly, far as I can tell. Occasionally I'm probably just unobservant but, like ... crafting accessories works this way for half the game. Then at some point they added a new feature, which I only realized when I went to the craft menu and there was suddenly a new option in there.  Same thing with this farming animals menu. They added a new animal you could "farm" (because of a side quest I think, no idea if it shows up before or after you discover the quest) and I didn't know until I camped and looked at the menu of the store guy (at every camp). Just a lot of out of the blue things.

I also didn't realize that the Title circles, if you hovered over their center, would tell you what you needed to get them - like "catch a boss fish" or "cook this recipe while camping" or "do a side quest"... but at the same time, some new (empty, don't have) Title circles just seem to appear at certain points all of a sudden. Probably when any quest/action becomes actually available.

I became better at combat and try to do everything legit, but the bosses or some side bosses. I just don't get some stuff and end up turning on WeMod and just enjoying the fights visually.  Pffft.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

70 milion of money on my account in the Fairy Fencer F. 30 million to go for the psycho achievement 😭 And waiting impatiently for 9.01 firmware update for PS4, to be able to play Tales of Arise 😭 I am afraid to install 9.00, because there are reports of bricking the console *sighs*

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Act 3 sucked even more than Act 2 did in D2R, huge zones, annoying enemies.  Did laugh that I just walked in and ambushed myself with Mephisto.  Real exciting fight, standing in front of him Charge Striking his ass until he died.  And all he dropped was barbarian gear too, bleh.  Should have gone bowazon.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Now that I'm done with the main story in Lost Judgment I'm doing side content, mainly school stories currently. I did some side content early on, just enough to make sure I would be fully powered up in fighting skills, snake style, anyway, I don't much use tiger or crane. After that I mostly focused on the main story; it makes sense story-wise to just stick to the main quest in later chapters. Would it really be wise to take the time look for squirrel graffiti (I still don't know what it means but I will find all of them eventually) while murderers are on the loose and on the cusp of getting away with it?

Anyway, there's a ton of stuff left for me to do now that there's no pressure to expose killers. I've spent many hours doing school stories and I've only just unlocked the 6th of 10 clubs and only finished 1 of their stories. They could have made an entire game just from school stories alone, maybe not a $60 game but $30 or $40, given the amount of content, how good the mini-games are, and the quality of the writing. Plus there's DLC coming next year with a whole new story where I get to play as Kaito, which should be great.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sometimes I Do GIFs | Tenor

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

On 9/29/2021 at 8:13 AM, Malcador said:

Bored as well in D2R, must just be that Act 2 sucks, heh.  Didn't play that much of it back in the day, so am really approaching it fresh.  Remaster is pretty well done though, game looks good, sound good.

As someone who played many D2 ladders over the years and pretty much always used a sorceress strategy of "bumrush to nightmare as soon as possible in order to farm quest-bugged* Andariel, Duriel, and Mephisto for Tal Rasha's amulets and Stones of Jordan to make a crap-ton of money on d2jsp early ladder when those are worth a ridiculous amount early on and use them to pay for a bunch of high runes a few weeks later", I've always found Act 2 the most tedious due to its length and the amount of stuff you have to do. Gotta kill Radamant for the skill tome, gotta get the stupid amulet, gotta get the stupid staff, gotta kill the stupid Summoner, gotta do the stupid tomb, and there's not really any shortcuts for any of that stuff. And if you're on normal, you don't (really) have teleport yet and you have to get the Horadric Cube on top of everything else as well. Act 3 is a total snoozefest, but it feels more straight-forward and less time-waste-y for the most part since you run into the organs mostly on your way to the end of the act anyways, and by that time, you'll actually be able to use Teleport at least a little. Bonus points for Act 2 that Duriel's a right real bastard because of his holy freeze aura and the fact that mercenaries cannot stand up to him at all and there's no way to really stay away from getting your brains bashed in by him. ...And if you're not playing a sorceress, then I imagine the entire game is a little miserable because who the heck does the main game as anything but a sorceress? :p

Unfortunately, I won't be able to play D2R because of the subpar controller scheme they set-up that I couldn't figure out a way to disable. I already had my own controller scheme on the original Diablo II that worked ten times better than theirs, thank you very much.

*...I wonder if they fixed the quest-bugged bosses? The drop tables on non-quest-bugged bosses are miserable - trying to farm an Arachnid Mesh or Mara's Kaleidoscope on a non-quest-bugged Mephisto is death - no thank you, I probably wouldn't want to play at all if they did fix that.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

26 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

And if you're not playing a sorceress, then I imagine the entire game is a little miserable because who the heck does the main game as anything but a sorceress?

From looking around it does seem everyone is a Sorceress, so need to check the meta.  

Giving that a break as for some reason I felt the urge to tackle and complete Castles 1 (incidentally what is GOG doing charging $12.49 CAD for 30 year old games...) as I never did finish that as a kid.  The fake Roland sound doesn't sound as good as my recollection of my PC speaker back in the day, though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I found out what the squirrel graffiti is all about in Lost Judgment, I guess the side quest was previously blocked by main quest completion, or lack there of. Now to find them all. There are 56 and I found about half of them during my travels. Luckily the game marked them on my map even though the quest hadn't been officially started.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tales of Arise:

---more main plot then: "This seems like a good spot to do some sidequests that have suddenly popped up all over the place." Oh btw, I'm clvl 38-39.
---take side quest, party is all "Yeah! let's do that!" ... get to spot, gigantour boss fight. Trigger/enter the battle, start title says: "ENEMY NAME: LEVEL 54" ... last 2-3 minutes, wipe (3 tries)
---take side quest ... "ENEMY NAME: LEVEL 57" ... last 90 seconds, wipe. (couple tries)
---next: ... a dungeon you can't leave/must finish once entered.  Step in middle of rooms and a plethora of stuff drops on your head.  "ENEMY NAME/S: LEVEL 60+" ... last 20 seconds, wipe (tried 3 times)
---I'm sensing a pattern to these new sidequests....are they supposed to be later?
---next: ... "ENEMY NAME: LEVEL 42" ... "I can handle that right." Yes, I did, in 3-4 minutes.

---take side quest. Fishing! Maybe it's an easier one.
---Dungeon: "ENEMY NAME/S: LEVEL 43-54" - but they're just mobs, I can handle those. Barely. Near-wiped a couple times, but I made it. Got to lvl 39-40, too.
---Get to big room.  "ENEMY NAME: LVL 56." ... I am NOT coming back. "LEROY....." - wipe in 1.5 minutes. Sigh.
---2nd try ... 25 minutes of running/evading Dohalim around in circles forcing him to cast his Fairy Circle (thanks DLC) and a buff or two over and over, plus using up lots of healing, CP (mana) and revive consumables (I usually like to win trying not to use those). And finally - "I WIN!"  *puffs up chest*

AI-healing is ok but yeah...can't rely on it at all when they're that much more powerful than you. They are too slow/easily distracted.
Game never tells you level of enemies until you're in the combat circle already. What it does do is warn you with short VA quips from your party as you approach, but who pays attention to that? :shifty:  Anyway, guess I gotta get moah power....or git gud. More likely, the former.

ToA-wearethatweak.jpg

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was looking for something to play and ended up reinstalling Hinterland.

Currently playing as a Goblin Thief, Snotnose. It was a bit of a rough start, but now I have a full adventuring party and a fletcher, armorer, and weaponsmith to kit us out.

I'll slowly have to work on clearing out the graveyard, just in case the King requests access to Souls. If those even show up as a resource request.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Poked Diablo to death, so on to Act V.  I wonder if I'll bother trying harder difficulties, though, can see the skinner box a bit :lol:

The game gave me this item which when active makes party and enemies do 1 damage. Obviously a way to (inefficiently) work on artes/skills proficiencies. So last night I turned it on, selected only a handful of desired artes for each party member, put AI in full-Auto, entered combat with a large mob, and went to bed.

I woke up and they were still going at it. :lol:

• Haha 2

I have well over 60 hours in Lost Judgment now and I don't think I'm done with even half the content. The most impressive thing, and this goes for all the RGG games, is how good the mini-games are given the downright ludicrous amount of them; I mean, I'm still finding new mini-games. I figure you either get a small number of mini-games with high effort or large number of low effort ones. Not with RGG, it's high number high effort. How do they do it? They don't cut corners anywhere, everything has attention to detail. It's bonkers.

I love this studio. :wub:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

On 10/3/2021 at 9:21 AM, Wormerine said:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon. It's gut. Not sure about jRPG combat - I always through that action packed brawler was a nice balance to running around and chatting. As is, the game is overall low energy - though I do appreciate how hilarious the skills are. Liking Ichiban quite a bit. He is just as entertaining as Kiryu, just in a more derpy way. 

aUpUQF2.png

Also returned to Starcraft2. Finally after over 10 years, I have a PC that can run it well... Turns out, that my time spent in casual coop mode, actually made me a better player. Finally can comfortably multitask. Completed Wings of Libery on brutal, and outside the last mission I didn't have much trouble with it - while previously I have been struggling on hard. Am midway through Heart of the Swarm. Dang, I forgot how much the game drops in quality after the first campaign. Also I am still upset with how they twisted the characters for the sequel, and overal how garbage the story is. 

I remember Replaying starcraft original and being amazed at how nothing that story and campaign was.  Broodwar is great, but the original campaign is almost amateur feeling

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Malcador said:

Poked Diablo to death, so on to Act V.  I wonder if I'll bother trying harder difficulties, though, can see the skinner box a bit :lol:

Nightmare gets pretty difficult without passable gear but is at least doable, while Hell gets pretty extreme - huge resistances malus (-90) that makes you melt to most elemental attacks when you don't have piles of resistance gear, and not enough damage output can be pretty tedious...which is another reason I would only play the regular game with a sorceress to start without gear, since they're the least gear-dependent, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

14 hours ago, Theonlygarby said:

I remember Replaying starcraft original and being amazed at how nothing that story and campaign was.  Broodwar is great, but the original campaign is almost amateur feeling

Yes, especially mission design was.... basic to say the least. Even so, I liked tone of SC1 more. SC2 is strangely conflictless for a game about 3 waring actions. I think that's why I like Wings of Liberty far better then other two - conflicts are still within factions within the universe, not magic-big-bad-guy.