What are you Playing Now? Games = Life

Amentep

Dinged lvl 100 on my 3rd char. Now I have to pimp him out, but as I know myself I will soon just start another one xD

oppresor100.thumb.JPG.1c3a3ebc678e9937444987a288f5a1f7.JPG

• Like 3

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Wait...Psychonauts 2 ain't getting a physical release?! Seems to me that only the fig backers are getting a physical copy.

Both Microsoft and Doublefine Productions can kiss my hairy Iranian a**.

• Sad 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Bored as well in D2R, must just be that Act 2 sucks, heh.  Didn't play that much of it back in the day, so am really approaching it fresh.  Remaster is pretty well done though, game looks good, sound good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

16 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Bored as well in D2R, must just be that Act 2 sucks, heh.  Didn't play that much of it back in the day, so am really approaching it fresh.  Remaster is pretty well done though, game looks good, sound good.

GO with Grim Dawn than!

I am waiting for ladder for D2R before I even try it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I finished the main story in Lost Judgment. If you've played RGG games before, you know the drill. While there's a lot of levity in side content the main story is all gripping drama. The ending had all of the emotions: Tragedy, heartbreak, anger, it was bittersweet because there was justice but at a severe price, but it was also uplifting because there was the culmination of a great redemption arc. There's not many things more uplifting than a well executed redemption arc.

Anyway, I have tons of side quests and school stories left to complete in Premium Adventure.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

16 hours ago, Malcador said:

Act 2 was always the least interesting Act, outside of Hardfore Chr. Killer Mr. Duriel. I would almost never go back to it/farm there with high level characters.
I haven't bothered yet because honestly I played D2 for 3-4 years, maybe 4k-5k hours. The remake looks good and more stash sounds nice (although I had D2 mods that allowed that in single-player anyway) but I have a feeling after an hour admiring the new look and any QoL changes, I'd stop caring. Perhaps one rainy day.

Tales of Arise: progressed story.  There was this huge segment (20-30 minutes?) of nothing but dialogue cutscenes and skits, all mandatory or auto-triggered. One after another after another. That's a bit much. I hope that's not the start of a trend, but oh well whatever. I still love the action/environment etc. so I can put up with it until post-game anyway. They weren't all boring, but again the general writing style doesn't really work for me. They're either preaching or giving each other inspirational "you/we can do it!" speeches or something and because they go on for far too long I sorta fall asleep.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

For me the most boring was always Act 3, the jungle and the exploding creeps were pain in the ass, which made the game a chore for me whenever I got there.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Almost done, that Arcane Sanctuary was a pain in the ass, especially with my rogue merc getting lost every so often.  One shotting the Summoner was funny, didn't even realize I killed him.  

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

5 hours ago, melkathi said:

Doing the right thing is Morals.

Not if you work for an Intelligence agency

10 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

For me the most boring was always Act 3, the jungle and the exploding creeps were pain in the ass, which made the game a chore for me whenever I got there.

Yeah those Fetishes were super annoying, especially if a crunchy sorceress. On the other hand. teleport let me avoid them a lot of time. Those Act 2 tomb guys who raised the dead or summoned skeletons or something could be a serious PITA too if you didn't kill them fast enough. Actually, thinking back on it, I think I liked Act1 the best, then Act 4, then Act5.  The only reason one went back to Act3 was to farm Mephisto over and over and over and ... honestly the main appeal for me re: Diablo games was starting completely over from lvl1 and the loot hunt. Which was sort of missing in D3 - loot just wasn't as fun, stats/uniques/sets etc wise, imo.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Duriel was indeed an experience :lol:

I played the first mission of the Starship Troopers RTS Demo.

First impression is that it's better than Dawn of War 3. Though that isn't too hard.

It is a bit stressful in that you have to position your units correctly. The game has line of fire, so you can't shoot through friendly units. You can't therefor just run around with Attack-moves as a murder ball.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Still on GoW new game +. Killing the last 2 Valkyrie and then Sigrun... Wondering how much of a pain she is on new game plus (on the hardest dificulty).

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

On 9/29/2021 at 11:08 PM, LadyCrimson said:

There was this huge segment (20-30 minutes?) of nothing but dialogue cutscenes and skits, all mandatory or auto-triggered. One after another after another. That's a bit much. I hope that's not the start of a trend,

It is. A trend. I try to be patient but it's starting to be a tad annoying, because almost none of it feels important to furthering plot or chr. arcs, at least not for me. I'm clicking thru most skits faster and faster and faster ... Death Stranding had some super long cutscenes and things but at least they were intriguing sometimes...Tales of Arise writing is just long, dry repetition. Male lead is particularly one-note. I won't explain but ... sigh.

...my husbando makes it worth it tho.   :*
...and the environments keep getting prettier/better. I just wish some of the areas were a little bigger. Don't need "open world" or huge, just ... a little bigger.

Just finished The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 4. Man, this a long time in coming. CS4 isn't just the conclusion to the Cold Steel subseries, but also the end of the main story of Trails in the western half of Zemuria (the name of the continent on which the games take place). (While Trails of Reverie is supposed to be the last Trails game on the western side of Zemuria, from what I understand Reverie is a denouement while CS4 is the conclusion to the primary conflict.) I've said about a million times, but the Trails games are the Marvel Cinematic Universe of video game series. Each games ties into the overall story and forwards parts of each of the other plot lines. It's crazy to think that this all began back in 2004 when the first Trails in the Sky game dropped in Japan. Zemuria has changed a lot since then in the game world and in the technology used to create it. It's hard to go into detail about CS4 without diving headfirst into spoilers, so instead here's a list of things it did well and a list of things it didn't do so well.

The Good

Wrapping Up Minor Plot Threads--There were very minor NPC plot threads that I haven't seen in so long I forgot they even existed that the writers still went out of their way to conclude. Some of them going as far back as Sky 1. Most of these were satisfying and you could tell the devs put a lot of thought into them, including in some lingering questions that fans had long since given up on expecting any real conclusion on.

Combat Evolution Over the Series--Trails games have turn based combat but they've always had hidden or semi-hidden mechanics that if you dig into can really break the game. Over time they ditched the hidden mechanics to make combat more transparent and consequently more engaging. If you don't like turn based or if you hate crazy itemization that can break the game, you won't like Trails. I happen to like both of those things.

Epic Final Boss--They really build up the final boss in a similar fashion to Final Fantasy games. They managed to capture the hype and drive the emotions up along the way, giving the feelings of a truly enormous stakes are on the line. In fact, if anything they might want to tone it down a bit in the next subseries.

Pom! Pom! Party!--Falcom loves their mini-games. They added a PvP (you versus the AI) connect three with some interesting quirks that I sunk more time into than I care to admit. Suffice to say, my play time could've been noticeably shorter if this min-game hadn't hooked me.

The Ending Slides--I teared up. Can't go into details. Spoilers.

The Bad

Bonding Events--I wasn't a fan of the Persona-like elements the CS games adopted in the beginning and if anything CS4 vindicated me. When every interaction with the opposite sex is romantic and you have four games, it brings new meaning to the term, "slow burn romance". Forgetting the fact that some of those romance options weren't appropriate (usually in the age difference), it actually got tiresome going through the female half of Class VII's bonding events. I frequently found myself at the start of a new day playing Pom! Pom! Party! rather than sit through another awkward confession scene.

Bonding Events (2)--Some of the bonding events should've been playable companion quests instead of having to passively read through them. In fact there are two off the top of my head that basically were companion quests but rather than me being able to solve the mystery or fight the monster I read through how Rean (the main character) solved the mystery or fought the monster. This was frustrating and even knowing that Falcom is an independent AA studio, it felt cheap.

Lack of VO--I'm pretty sure that CS4 had the exact same amount of voiced over lines as CS3, which had the same amount as CS2, however CS4 has far more dialog so keeping the same amount of voiced lines means you hear them less often. And it's noticeable.

Lengthy Cutscenes--There were at least three cutscenes that were at least an hour long apiece. That's three hours of game that I sat passively reading dialog with no pause for actual gameplay. Not even a few rounds of Pom! Pom! Party! Given that you can usually tell in what direction each of these huge cutscenes was going, at the halfway point those scenes in particular felt like bloat to pad playtime.

Story Pacing--CS4 mirrors CS2 in many ways. Both change so much from act to act it feels less like playing one game rather than playing three or four games duct taped together. The pacing feels all over the place because of it.

The Final Plot Twist--While I didn't know what the twist was going into this game, I was aware that it was controversial when the game first launched in Japan. CS4 is to date the only Trails game to receive mixed reviews from fans. Having now played through it, I'm on the side of those who found it disappointing. It doesn't ruin the game or the story but it is still disappointing.

Conclusion: CS4 is a very flawed, but very good game. To date I would say I haven't played a bad Trails game but I would rate CS4 right at the bottom of a Trails favorites list because of it's many difficult to overlook flaws. But yeah, I'll probably still new game plus it. 😅

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 3

On 9/30/2021 at 5:34 PM, Hurlsnot said:

New World has some pretty good weapon builds, but so far my favorite is the hatchet. I'm having a lot of fun doing my Last of the Mohicans impression in the game.

On 9/30/2021 at 5:45 PM, ShadySands said:

Lucky! I took the "which Daniel Day-Lewis character are you?" test and got Lincoln. 

Must avoid the theater

I have been following this MMO for a few months and I liked the design and game world, also because its a Amazon product they wont allow it to fail so its nice to know their are not unplanned budget cuts

My one brother started playing it 2 weeks ago and he loved it but he said their was major latency with things like combat.....and this is unusual for MMO we play in SA because our international bandwidth is fine but apparently the combat is very bandwidth intense which may create this problem?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

32 minutes ago, Oner said:

You haven't followed all the other games Amazon threw into the trash, have you? :lol:

I havent at all....but now I need to  know, what did they fail at ?

Its important because it may negate my earlier point :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela