What are you Playing Now: Living the Game Life

Got Ranger.  Not the Desert kind, unfortunately.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are a FIGHTER!
You sweep across dungeons and caves with the faithful weapon in your hand. Agile and strong, you know that no matter how strong the magic of your foes is, it can never compete with the ever-reliant steel

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You are a FIGHTER!

You sweep across dungeons and caves with the faithful weapon in your hand. Agile and strong, you know that no matter how strong the magic of your foes is, it can never compete with the ever-reliant steel.

Something must went wrong 😄 Or I am the first ever Fighter who fights from back row with a wand, while watching for traps in an armor which complements my fighting style 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Haha 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Rogue for me, but geez, is it even possible to telegraph the outcomes to the questions harder?

I'll stop myself from ranting about how "rogue" these days is just shorthand for "dual-wielding light-armoured fighter". Bring back the Thief class dammit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

3 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Rogue for me, but geez, is it even possible to telegraph the outcomes to the questions harder?

I'll stop myself from ranting about how "rogue" these days is just shorthand for "dual-wielding light-armoured fighter". Bring back the Thief class dammit!

I can't articulate why, but you're so right about thief vs. rogue - I don't think I've ever been or wanted to be a "rogue" if it's an option in anything, but it's literally the complete opposite for "thief" (even if in the case of, say, the BG series, it's purely to serve as the base class before dual-classing into a mage, cleric, or fighter). That's weird that my perception of the two ideas is so radically different.

(Also, yes, the questions were very bad...but I answered them unusually: long-distance, a sword, help the creature out, style for armor, and I don't know whom any of those characters are but Ciri seems like the most natural complement...and I got a druid? I had a between chaotic and true neutral thief-mage in mind, and I got a stinking druid instead!).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I just might hit without planning one World First in Druidstone 😄 I still want to try search little bit, on the internet, if it might be the case, but the odds are after my today's search are really high, I'll let you know more details later 😄

Edited by Mamoulian War

Well looks like I'm a Bard. I can't think of any game I've played a bard in, tbh.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://gog-quizzes.app.do/polls/what-is-the-ideal-rpg-class-for-you-en/forms/146561590/thankyou

You are a RANGER!
Journeying through the woods has left you with extensive knowledge about living in the wild. In fight, you prefer to keep the distance and shower your enemies with deadly arrows

sounds about right

because I am in real life 

https://www.verywellmind.com/istj-introversion-sensing-thinking-judgment-2795992

but questions were too railroaded for my taste

weird that ISTJs like structure and law and order where I am really not into those things

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Just now, KP the meanie zucchini said:

Well looks like I'm a Bard. I can't think of any game I've played a bard in, tbh.

My very first character in BG1 when I was literally about 6 years old was a bard. This was the portrait 6-year-old me selected:

bgmain2_TbLDjPnFV5.png

It was the first time, and the last time, that I ever played a bard.

Ye' gods the BG1 portraits are...not very good (and yet, the BG2 portraits are even worse - IIRC, the BG1 portraits were actually predominantly designed after the developers and their friends and families, and I think it shows in the range of faces and the weird expressions, and so I actually appreciate that on some level even if the actual art style is still not quite to my taste - meanwhile, the BG2 portraits look like they were predominantly designed off of hilariously terrible-looking models looking as stupid as humanly possible).

• Like 2
  • Gasp! 3

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

heresy, I liked BG1 portraits 

this was my fav:

Eldoth_Kron_ELDOTH_Portrait_BG1.png.0290b21997f42f13341555d5b5fa262b.png

edit: yeah I was stoner (and kinda still am)

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

14 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

heresy, I liked BG1 portraits 

this was my fav:

Eldoth_Kron_ELDOTH_Portrait_BG1.png.0290b21997f42f13341555d5b5fa262b.png

edit: yeah I was stoner (and kinda still am)

It's not the characters they depict I have so much an issue with, more purely the art style. I prefer something a little more...conceptual like IWD, I suppose, rather than a bunch of too realistic yet very silly-looking goofballs looking like they they're all playing dress-up/theater, which is what I see in the BG1 portraits, :p. But knowing that they're literally supposed to be basically just that (fantasized versions of the developers) helps me forgive it somewhat, :yes:.

And of course, BG1's are way superior to the BG2 ones. One look at, say...Jaheira's face in BG1 compared to the absolute dumbfoundingly terrible direction they went for her in BG2 (or Viconia, or Anomen, or Aerie, or Edwin, or...) is enough to cement that.

Edited by Bartimaeus

12 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

My very first character in BG1 when I was literally about 6 years old was a bard. This was the portrait 6-year-old me selected:

bgmain2_TbLDjPnFV5.png

Ye' gods the BG1 portraits are...not very good (and yet, the BG2 portraits are even worse - IIRC, the BG1 portraits were actually predominantly designed after the developers and their friends and families, and I think it shows in the range of faces and the weird expressions, and so I actually appreciate that on some level even if the actual art style is still not quite to my taste - meanwhile, the BG2 portraits look like they were predominantly designed off of hilariously terrible-looking models looking as stupid as humanly possible).

BG1+2 portraits were some of the worst parts of the game.

Bards have had a slow power creep from being useless in the IE games to beating out Wizards and Clerics in the most recent pnp editions. Still, I don't think I've ever played one. I should probably change that. They're cooler than Druids at least.

13 minutes ago, Hurlsnot said:

I used to play a bard regularly, but then I took up the guitar in real life. I was so bad at it that I couldn't even pretend to roleplay a character amymore.

I was bad too, but me making magic with musical performances is about as feasible as me throwing fireballs or cutting a dragon in half.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My first character in BG1 was also a Bard, and yes it was completely useless character, which either performed or was doing anything else. You were not able to do both things at once, like in later D&D video games.

• Haha 1

You are a CLERIC!

Even in the darkest of times, you know that faith will persevere. Trained in the ways of wisdom and divine arts, you're always taking care of the party's health and wellbeing.

Cleric is probably pretty fitting.  I'm more of a fan of the spontaneous divine casters (Favored Soul or Oracle) but heavy armored divine caster is my jam.  Which is weird because I'm not at all religious in real life.

3 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

It's not the characters they depict I have so much an issue with, more purely the art style. I prefer something a little more...conceptual like IWD, I suppose, rather than a bunch of too realistic yet very silly-looking goofballs looking like they they're all playing dress-up/theater, which is what I see in the BG1 portraits, :p. But knowing that they're literally supposed to be basically just that (fantasized versions of the developers) helps me forgive it somewhat, :yes:.

Now I have a really strong urge to go check out all the BG1 pics. I think I started with BG2 so I never really spent a lot of time with BG1.

Me as I view the pics

this-better-not-awaken-anything-in-me.gi

• Haha 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

bgmain2_TbLDjPnFV5.png

I am really impressed that you played BG1 at 6, I only started playing AD&D as a DM at about 10 but we only had access to PC games when I was in early 20's or so. 

I dont think I would have understood the RPG mechanics at 6, I might have but I dont think so as I think these types of games are specifically designed for a certain older age ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

I am impressed we have people so young here. I thought this was a forum for old people.

Their are few " young uns " 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

whenever someone use 'uns' I got flashback to Married with childrens

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Chilloutman said:

whenever someone use 'uns' I got flashback to Married with childrens

I loved that show when it first came out, the daughter was smoking hot ....I use to  fantasize about  " marrying "  her all the time 💞

About 5 years ago I tried to watch reruns of the series, it just wasnt funny anymore .....its an old style of comedy and I just dont enjoy it. But it was great in its time like the Cosby Show and Fresh Prince of Bellair 

John Milton