Cyberpunk 2077 continuing discussion

Amentep

• 4 months later...
  • Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Maybe this is where I'll finally give the game a spin? 🤔

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

"It will not be released for PS4/Xbox One because CD Projekt Red is ending new updates for those platforms." Ah, finally giving up on the hardware that couldn't run it well anyways.

/Edit: Jeeez, they really sold 18 million copies? That's pretty crazy.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

and I hope it will finally matter how you look when interacting with different groups of people

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 hour ago, Theonlygarby said:

I probably won't be revisiting until all DLC/content is out.  It was a fine game, but not good enough for me to want to beat more than twice.  To be honest good chance I won't even beat it twice

replay would be much better with new game plus

ridiculous how long it take to put it in the game

On 9/15/2022 at 4:12 PM, Theonlygarby said:

I probably won't be revisiting until all DLC/content is out.  It was a fine game, but not good enough for me to want to beat more than twice.  To be honest good chance I won't even beat it twice

In the same boat. Recently completed my third playthrough about a month prior to the update coming out and was content to play with Cyber Engine Tweaks cheats to pump up my stats and Street Cred to use the Gorilla Arms, Double Jump, and legendary Sandevistan Cyberware early in the game. If I ever decide to re-visit it before the expansion is out I will likely only go as far as completing all the available gigs before the prologue heist.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

On 9/16/2022 at 2:26 AM, uuuhhii said:

replay would be much better with new game plus

ridiculous how long it take to put it in the game

Yeah, agree.

Apparently they're worried about carry-over items, or quest items getting carried over and that breaking things. Personally I'm mostly interested in the progress, so I'd be more than happy with them just retaining that and stripping all the gear, or adding some limitations for the first act or somesuch.

I do still enjoy just hanging around Night City, the atmosphere really is something and the only comparison I can draw is Santa Monica in Bloodlines.

I did notice that some events at least partially respawn (not sure if that was intentional, or conesequence of changes made in a patch), so there may be more to actually experience after finishing the game aside from mopping up random gangs.

I realized my computer was about 6 years old already, so I finally invested into new hardware. Not gonna lie, a part of that was influenced because I finally wanted to play Cyberpunk 2077 and just recently watched the anime ... 😄 Man, did I realize how much my old hardware SUCKED already. Crazy how different games feel when you pump your hardware.

Anyways ... So I'm playing Cyberpunk now and to be honest, I'm digging it a lot so far. The beginning was a bit slow and completely overwhelming with the HUD and all the crap going on, but by now I got used to it. The city looks damn great. Not sure what to think of the writing - some dialog is a bit weird if you don't click through it in the order it was apparently written. Also not sure if the female V characters voice fits at all times - there's some lines every once in a while that feel very disconnected to me.

I also like how it kinda feels a bit like a bigger / more open world Deus Ex game. Will see if it stays like that or not. For now, gonna go back into the game.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

12 minutes ago, Lexx said:

I realized my computer was about 6 years old already, so I finally invested into new hardware. Not gonna lie, a part of that was influenced because I finally wanted to play Cyberpunk 2077 and just recently watched the anime ... 😄 Man, did I realize how much my old hardware SUCKED already. Crazy how different games feel when you pump your hardware.

Anyways ... So I'm playing Cyberpunk now and to be honest, I'm digging it a lot so far. The beginning was a bit slow and completely overwhelming with the HUD and all the crap going on, but by now I got used to it. The city looks damn great. Not sure what to think of the writing - some dialog is a bit weird if you don't click through it in the order it was apparently written. Also not sure if the female V characters voice fits at all times - there's some lines every once in a while that feel very disconnected to me.

I also like how it kinda feels a bit like a bigger / more open world Deus Ex game. Will see if it stays like that or not. For now, gonna go back into the game.

Edited by uuuhhii
interface are beyond horrible really feels like intentionally designed to be terrible for cyberpunk style point

The thing is, at first I thought it was designed for console... but even if you play with gamepad, the interface controls feel completely random. Some actions are different depending on in what menu you currently are, some buttons you have to hold, some you don't, etc... I have no idea how they were able to design it to be this complicated.

9 minutes ago, majestic said:

'Streamline' UI and 'make sure keys/buttons are consistently doing the same thing' are probably still two items on CDPR's kanban board. In the ultra low priority bucket.

Edited by uuuhhii
cdpr interface are always awful but cyberpunk are the only one feels intentionally awful even witcher 2 just looks like incompetence

18 minutes ago, Lexx said:

The thing is, at first I thought it was designed for console... but even if you play with gamepad, the interface controls feel completely random. Some actions are different depending on in what menu you currently are, some buttons you have to hold, some you don't, etc... I have no idea how they were able to design it to be this complicated.

Edited by uuuhhii
painful stuff like all the 100% loading bar feels like pointless reference of retro scifi and the elevator panel make no sense at all

I finally booted up Cyberpunk for the first time.

I created a male Corpo V. And finished the introduction (origin, plus first missions). I must say, the first impressions aren't great. The game feels very rough - there is something about movement, animation blending, way of interacting with stuff which so far feels unenjoyable. While the game can look nice in stills, it feels very janky when interacted with - weird body and cloth physics etc. I also already encountered some really visible bugs, like NPC t-posing when I got close to them, and in a scripted cinematics at the end of Corpo's origin sequence Jackie's head was spazing out which was a bit distracting.

The intro bored me. Corpo's origin story was briefer then I expected. For a new comer to the setting I don't feel it managed to present the part of the world and forge a connection with the world/characters. I think it boils out to how uninteractive it was - even in Witcher3 opening I was immediately presented with some compelling conversation choices. Cyberpunk so far felt very on rails - and that putting aside two lengthy rides I had to sit through. I don't think that the experience of playing it was much deeper then if I watched it on youtube. I do hope it will get better. There have been moments of potential - I just wish I got to play the game in the last two hours.

I heard the corpo intro mission was buggy and they just cut it out. Dunno if that's true, though.

Noticed a few small glitches as well, but nothing serious. A part of me wonders if the hardware plays a role in that too - for example, I'm playing with everything on Ultra and it looks and feels like a completely different game to when I tried it on my old hardware last year (or maybe they just fixed a lot, dunno).

The most funny glitch was when I was driving in a van in a cutscene. You have the ability to skip long drives where nothing happens ... so I did that, and when the screen faded back from black, the whole van was completely trashed. All doors missing, the hood was missing, scratches everywhere, etc... that was hilarious. 😄 Shortly before the screen faded from black, I've heard a loud crash noise. My guess is the vehicle clipped into the ground after teleport and that's what damaged it to almost-destruction.

Oh, I just remember one issues that I feel is kinda serious ... if you reload in hostile areas, sometimes the same thing happens. The player spawns and lands loudly on the floor, which can alert nearby enemies. Sometimes I had to reload 2 or 3 times until enemies in my area would not spot me instantly after reload. The thing is, I'm not sure how important stealth actually is in the game ... is it like in Deus Ex where it gets tracked and stuff happens? Or can I just run&gun and nobody cares? If not, then ... stealth is kinda not very enjoyable. It's really damn hard to pull off well without triggering any alarm.

• Haha 1

Stealth has the advantage of being a very easy way of dealing with enemies that would otherwise be too high level for you to defeat, but outside of a few gigs that yield better rewards for being stealthy or a main mission or two where stealth is a soft-requirement for a cleaner way to handle it, well... it is fairly pointless. Unless you really hate being yelled at by your fixer. Some of the cyberpsychosis sightings can be handled with stealth, speeding up the missions by a lot.

The biggest advantage it has is that it's basically free anyway. Cool has some really good perks for every possible build, there's no reason not to invest in the stat in some capacity, even if for some reason you want to max Reflex, Body and Tech.

Better hardware definitely makes the game glitch out much less. On my old system when I played Cyberpunk 2077, floors would regularily not be loaded before I drove over them, making me fall through the world relatively often, or roadblocks would spawn inside my car or bike, causing all of my forward momentum to suddenly apply in an upwards direction. While it certainly was funny to see my bike take off like a rocket, having to reload afterwards was annoying. :yes:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The biggest advantage of stealth is that you can mostly ignore your gear. I hate micromanaging my inventory and therefore just rolled through most of the game without looking at it. Maybe every 10 hours or so I'll do a proper clean-out of my bags by equipping the best stuff I happened to have randomly looted since my last clean-out, and disassemble or sell the rest.

Worked with no issue ...until the one forced boss fight 2/3rds through the game. Still, I managed to get through that by brute forcing it with the best melee weapon I happened to have in my bags and chugging health potions, despite zero points invested into melee.

That said, the main reason I did it is because I always play RPGs as a combat-avoidant thief. I don't think there's any particular reason to force yourself to play that way. I'm no pacifist mind you, and the reason my body count was so low wasn't because of any overriding principle, but because back when I played, throwing knives were single use items and *expensive*. Nowadays they're reusable so it's a lot more viable to perform silent kills at a distance and I imagine it'd save a lot of time waiting for enemies to path just right to take them out.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Personally I always prefer to not kill people in games if I can avoid it. Basically, whenever I'm playing Deus Ex, I'm pretty much a ghost.

Now that I'm a bit higher level and can do more stuff, stealth seems to become more viable. Made it through a couple missions without having to kill anyone, and with not getting spotted unless it was a scripted sequence.

That said, I'm not really sure what to focus on ... I like the katana stuff, but I also love revolvers ... and I like the look of that one assault rifle ... Because of that I pretty much run a jack of all trades build now... This will probably f- me over at some point, since I don't really excel at anything.

6 minutes ago, Lexx said:

That said, I'm not really sure what to focus on ... I like the katana stuff, but I also love revolvers ... and I like the look of that one assault rifle ... Because of that I pretty much run a jack of all trades build now... This will probably f- me over at some point, since I don't really excel at anything.

One of the biggest criticisms of the game that I recall is that it becomes trivially easy past the mid-game. Guns one-shotting enemies through walls, single quick-hacks, taking out entire rooms of mooks, etc. I don't know if this has been addressed by any rebalance patches since I last played a little over a year ago, but I think it's likely you'll have no issues. Hell, maybe it'll enhance your late-game experience by not having a game-breaking build.

I can't really delve deeper into specifics admittedly because as a dedicated stealth player the game difficulty is essentially static throughout the course of the game.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G