Random video game news

Amentep

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

Yep, surprised it was not brought up in QA.  Then again, given the bugs this has, maybe there was no QA 😛

People with epilepsy usually do not work at work positions, which can induce it to them. I worked once at internet caffe, there was many hundreds different people visiting it and during it's 10 years of existence, there was only one case of customer having epilepsy from a game, and he was a frequent customer. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

12 hours ago, Lexx said:

I can't even install Cyberpunk because of that filesize, even if I would delete RDR2 and some other stuff.

That's why I just bought a second dedicated games drive! ... 2TB might be enough for a couple more years. Maybe.  :shifty:

3 hours ago, Chilloutman said:

Cmon, half of the games have flashes that can cause trigger of epilepsy. Its warning pretty much on any game these days

Some movies/shows too.  At least I've seen such on streaming sites.
I'd highly doubt they did the timing "similar to a doc's test" thing on purpose.  Sometimes such things are just a coincidence and when discovered, you either "fix" it a bit or you stick an even bigger warning on the box.  Would definitely be frustrating to be a gamer with such possible effects on you, tho.  😕

Only thing I occasionally get is huge belly flip flops when you look down/around from heights and they want you to platform jump everywhere.  The "realism" of 3D space. Although, it didn't happen in older 3d games nor in all modern games. Not sure why, exactly, it triggers occasionally but mostly not. 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

52 minutes ago, Mamoulian War said:

People with epilepsy usually do not work at work positions, which can induce it to them. I worked once at internet caffe, there was many hundreds different people visiting it and during it's 10 years of existence, there was only one case of customer having epilepsy from a game, and he was a frequent customer. 🤷‍♂️

I must find one of these non work positions to work at 😛  But not a requirement of having epilepsy to think bright flashing lights may be a bad idea (if not for epilepsy but for just being ****ing annoying).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

30 minutes ago, Malcador said:

I must find one of these non work positions to work at 😛  But not a requirement of having epilepsy to think bright flashing lights may be a bad idea (if not for epilepsy but for just being ****ing annoying).

My oh my, silly typo I did not notice 😄 

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

sometime replay me3 after a few years

always surprised by how good the build up of the final battle are before the light beam

the 15 minutes dialogue sequence after that are just too distracting

me2 are what the game should be

a episodic space opera focus on teammate

galaxy wiping threat are just not that interesting by comparison

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Kinda sucks that I'll have to wait until 2022 for the Steam release. On the other hand, I can be pretty sure that the game will work flawlessly via Proton by then. Also, CPUs and GPUs might even be available by that time... maybe.

Anyway, I'm going Suit Only Stealth Assassin all the new locations on Master Difficulty eventually.

I was disappointed with 'Absolution', seemed more like a linear slimeball mafioso type game than an actual Hitman game.

Perhaps trying the 2016 reboot and then this whilst waiting for 2077 to be properly patched up may not be a bad idea...

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

I was disappointed with 'Absolution', seemed more like a linear slimeball mafioso type game than an actual Hitman game.

Perhaps trying the 2016 reboot and then this whilst waiting for 2077 to be properly patched up may not be a bad idea...

You should definitely play the HITMAN reboot games. They are very good assassination sandboxes. Some of the "accident" kills are pretty hilarious too.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Oh new Hitman games (at least season one or two) and possibly the best hitman's have to offer (perhaps outside atmosphere, but that's a choice rather then fault). Sapienza from H1 is probably my favourite hitman level. I was less thrilled by H2, mostly due to bigger narrative focus on plot rather then targets. Levels are still lots of fun.

• Like 1

Hokkaido is my favorite level of the reboot series. There are so many fun subplots going on in that level. Plus, you can manipulate someone into killing a target for you, which is delightfully wicked subterfuge.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

i was not this hyped for a game in years, geez

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Really should have delayed it 6 months. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can anyone recommend any decent PC-centric gaming news/reviews sites, channels, and whatnots? I mostly use this place for that but sometimes I want something a little more in-depth. Bonus points if it's not overly political or anything like that.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Well, between those two videos, my own video hunts, and gamespots review ... I don't think I should get this game at full price (right now). Maybe if it was $40.  Unless I'm just morbidly curious about all these bugs and rig performance, and screenshots, ofc.  I've certainly bought games for less reasons, occasionally.  :lol:

I think my main issues (personal ones) is still that I'm not into urban/city environments, whether real life or fantastical. Everyone keeps saying how awesome the game looks, but outside of all the reflection/lighting and some face/chr and animation tech, the environment (graphically, some textures, art-style) is kind of blah, for me.  It's not all that. Edit: not liking environment would make it hard for me to feel immersed, if that makes sense. The desert stuff I like better but I gather most of the game is in the city.

Anyway...seems like a modest-sale or wait a few months, title.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Really should have delayed it 6 months. 

I'll delay my judgement of that until the day 1 patch actually drops 😄

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Put every point in Cool.

coolasicebkgd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1