What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

4 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I finished Skyrim today. It only took eight years but I finally finished it! Now I can try Fallout 4

meuezcbc44441.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

• Haha 4

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

11 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I finished Skyrim today. It only took eight years but I finally finished it! Now I can try Fallout 4

I've been playing it in VR, kind of fun even though they haven't done much to adapt it properly. Much immershun. 😁

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got up, made coffee, built a fire in the fireplace and turned on the radio. I have exceeded all my expectations for today!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Bought myself a new iPhone. Go away all you Android peasants, shoo!

Edit: Cut the old sim card up with a pair of scissors and did a factory defaults reset before tossing the old (7 years IIRC) one in the rubbish bin.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The cat had been acting out of sorts, and suddenly started walking funny. The vets initially thought it was sudden onset athritis, and gave us pain meds for him. A week later, after spending 90% of his time curled up on top of the laptop bag rather than doing anything he starts staggering, walking with an arched back and face to the floor.  Turns out he had a large tumour in his spine.

So now he has gone to the big sleep. The weekend has had that slow dismantling of cat-trees and collecting up the various scattered toys and grooming stuff.

• Sad 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm sorry for your loss Raithe

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Very sorry to hear that Raithe

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

RIP, :(. Life can be gone so quickly.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Congratulations mate! 😄

• Like 1

all you fine lairds and better ladies, we bid you raise a glass to the memory o' tn. struck down so young you were hardly seems fair, and so we spit in the eye o' whatever capricious god decided your time were at an end. fare the well traveler. we hardly knew you.

oh, and congrats... we s'pose.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Haha 3
  • Hmmm 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, TrueNeutral said:

Witnessed my wife push a living creature out of her nether regions. I have a son! His name is Brendan. 🤯

Congrats. Your life is now truly over.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congrats TN & Mrs. TN. Welcome to the world Brendan!

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Raithe said:

Congrats TN. Life goes on.

Also, is this going meta?  A 3d print of me in a 3d Print..?

one suspects you elicit a few curious stares when grocery shopping or taking out the trash.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Very bored at home. I started planning next year's vacation.  I was thinking of spending 10 days or so camping and fishing at Marsh Island and Shell Keys NWR in Louisiana. I don't think I can leave home that long. Sunny & Bela are easy, I go, they go. But I can't bring six chickens. The girl that used to house-sit for me is in college in Virginia now so that's out. Oh well.

Thomas Sowell