What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

Old Thread:

15 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Somewhere in the government of my state there is a guy by the name of Science. I've never met Science but I guess he's pretty well thought of.  He gets quoted quite a bit. Science tells us X. Science shows that Y. Usually this comes from politicians and higher level State bureaucrats. The ones who never took math or engineering classes. So I guess Science works in Nashville somewhere.  I'd really like to meet Science and talk to him because if he's telling these people what they are repeating to us then he doesn't know what the f--k he's talking about. 

You know the majority of my career has been in private business. When the companies I worked for (with one huge exception) did something stupid I just shrugged it off. "It's not my money they are wasting" I'd say. Not that I am a "public servant" well... it kinda is. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

So... after having to deal with the incompetent Amazon help desk who so far refuse to cancel the 100 bucks they charged me with that don't belong to them my boiler goes and dies after 35 years of faithful service. Ah, the joy of taking cold showers.

Past two weeks in a nutshell:

Had a leaky pipe in my apartment that luckily didn't damage anything except for the downstairs neighbor's wall. Still have to live with a hole in the floor right next to my toilet that the owner of the building won't fix until the insurance company assessed the damage. Which they assured me was going to be "really soon" like ten days ago. Had Amazon charge me with twice the amount they should have - or none, in fact, when they should just have cancelled the gift card that I never wanted, had my warm water supply die on me and I got a letter from the church with a friendly reminder that I missed paying my taxes tithe.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Realized that if I skip my daily stand up call I don't feel depressed at work.  Little things have major impacts indeed :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Couple of snakes seem to be living in the backyard. I call the bigger one Mr Snakey Cornelius S. Cornwallis Snakeypants III of the Connecticut Snakeypants and the smaller one Snek. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Working from home the rest of the week. I love that I get to do that. The pups and other critters love it too.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Im working today and tonight its my sisters boyfriends birthday celebration, we going to the restaurant below which is always a great dining experience and then afterwards we going out for drinks .....many drinks I would imagine  🍻🍽️

http://www.duchessofwisbeach.co.za/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In the continuation of my 3d Printing project...

ChestPieces.thumb.jpg.12d8aec8849f446c8e189403ab2f06b5.jpg

After about 70 hours total time printing, I have the four main pieces of the chest piece looking fairly decent.

With a lot more time printing, I also have one thigh piece in 4 different parts to put together, a couple of forearm bracers,  and a few assorted greeblies. 

Still debating whether to wait until I've got more pieces put together before starting to paint them in fibreglass resin and sanding or to do it in itty bitty pieces here and there....

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Binge watching From the Earth to the Moon on HBO today. Too rainy outside to work anyway. I'm not going to do a fall garden this year, I already have an abundance of canned veggies. That really frees up my weekends. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Wasted day but at least got a good sleep. Was funny to see Discovery Science show Make it to the Moon while Discovery showed some lunar landing conspiracy show...and History showed Ancient Aliens. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

built a new build ... it's no 3900X moon shot, but at least we're back in the atmosphere ... did you know there is no 'go to last post' button on mobile

got one bell and two whistles, onboard wi-fi/bluetooth and glow-in-the-dark chipset heatsinks 🎄

• Like 2

All Stop. On Screen.

4 hours ago, Malcador said:

Wasted day but at least got a good sleep. Was funny to see Discovery Science show Make it to the Moon while Discovery showed some lunar landing conspiracy show...and History showed Ancient Aliens. 

They go with what they know

Thomas Sowell

We had a fun weekend at Donner Lake. On Saturday my wife did her first sprint triathlon. I think I was as nervous as she was. She did great. The swim was the big hurdle, and she got through it. Very fun to be cheering instead of racing.

Today I did the Olympic Triathlon. I did it last year and it was beautiful. It was the only race I wanted to do again. I improved my time by 11 minutes, so it was fun to see the progression.

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Mobile gaming has minimized but I still don't feel like turning on/logging into the desktops much, for any reason. Starting to think the 'net and PC love affair is finally dying, much like I largely lost interest in/became bored of reading books many moons ago after decades of being a novel-obsessive. I'd just rather be doing something else most of the time. Well, maybe it's just summer and such will end up a Winter thing, mostly, if that makes sense.

We're doing well, however. Weather has been nice, garden's starting to produce, occasional binge watch of a show, just enjoying being alive and relaxing.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Worked 4 hours overtime. Moved 1 trailer and 1 container. Wasted 3h58m.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

The insurance people called today, they'll finally be assessing the damage next week, and Amazon finally seems to have quietly cancelled the second charge on my credit card. Still leaves me with a bit o of a bitter taste in my mouth because they essentially converted 50 real bucks into an Amazon gift card without me wanting that but at the end of the day... I guess it doesn't matter that much.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Looks like we'll be getting two new dachshunds this week or next, a male and a female.  So need to accelerate the picking of names for them.

• Like 3

I dunno, they look cute and they tend to have big personalities, I would go for a basset hound but the idea of a similar attitude but in a 60lb package is impractical for my family.  Nothing will come close to William's though, somehow we managed to instill or encourage a god complex in the dog.  I think generally dachshunds all are pretty arrogant but is part of the charm.

I will recommend we name the male J.C. . As I said before I wish to say "My wiener is augmented"

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 2

Had to go to London to do a Company onboarding thing. The joy of early morning trains, 34 C weather..and an executive office where the air conditioning is broke.

However, did have a fairly decent view.

image.png.9f70245292bebe20a556fba08f3989e8.png

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."