What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

am suspecting you are joking, at least in part. 

It wasn't the plan, of course, but that's basically how it played out. Tire had been constantly leaking so I took it in to be checked out. While I was waiting I was looking at the deals that they had going on and saw that I could get something bigger and newer for pretty much the same price.

Done deal.

Free games updated 3/4/21

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

It wasn't the plan, of course, but that's basically how it played out. Tire had been constantly leaking so I took it in to be checked out. While I was waiting I was looking at the deals that they had going on and saw that I could get something bigger and newer for pretty much the same price.

Done deal.

Out of curiosity, what was "bigger"?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Haha, I'm bound to agree with your wife there :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Bored at work. Detailed the yard tractors, checked the oil, coolant concentration, tyres and working hours. Have nothing to do again. ._.

Also, I'm kind of regretting buying an M2 ssd for my computer, it's going to be a headache mounting it. 

Edited by Azdeus

I hope my ancient '98 Subaru Legacy wagon doesn't konk out from 20+ year old parts breaking down, any time soon. it won't be from high mileage since I hardly drive anymore. Can I make it last 40 years? Might have to replace more hoses... 😛

I really don't want to have to buy a new/used car with all the computer tech in it. Or with the way they design windows now (which makes me feel like I can't see anything, especially side/back windows). Blech. Maybe by then I'll be able to get some revamped classic car (which by then will be from the 80's....) or something. Edit: sadly most 50's/60's/70's "classic" cars don't fit me well and not many people revamp early 80's Toyotas. Ha.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

3 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

I have a 20 year old truck with 267k miles on it. Parts are actually pretty easy to find and replace.

My -98 volvo has done a bit short of 250k miles, or as I'd prefer to say it, I'm abnout to hit 400000km :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Watching DogTV with my little mutt while my big mutt hides from the thunder underneath my legs

There is something mesmerizing about it. I don't know why. I think I'm more into it than they are. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

Welcome to the forum, Rihanna. 

So tomorrow is my 41st birthday, and I think I crammed in enough major achievements in year 40 to level up safely. It was a good year.  

Happy Birthday... tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Un..belated happy birthday? 😄

• Thanks 1

I need to start exercising. Got myself some motivation.

airsoft-lct-aims-nv-41985-f1.jpg

Going to start airsoft again, going to be a pain the first few times. :)

Going camping, swimming, and fishing with the pups at my place up near Indian Creek. It's gong to be a good weekend. 

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

I was doing my once every 3-6month brief browse of GoG and realized at some point they'd added Hellfire to Diablo1. I still have that on original disc but I never liked it all that much and have never tried to install it on Win7 (or Win10). Still, you know I had to download it, since ez-Gog version (and since I already bought D1 from there, it was "free"). Might be good for winter boredom. 😛

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played some D&D yesterday, my pala/warlock is getting himself a Blackrazor. xD

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Newest Harlequin model:

BEgQi3K.jpg

edlc3LM.jpg

eBXAzjK.jpg

In her right hand is a Fusion Pistol, basically a handgun-sized version of the standard Melta-gun, and no less capable of, well, melting the armour of a Land Raider. Equipped in her right hand is the Harlequin's Caress, which enables her to phase-shift her hand, reach into the chest of her hapless victim, and pluck out his heart (or both, as is the case for Space Marines).

Edited by Agiel
  • Like 3
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Hunter in the suburbs:

hawk-01.jpg

The neighbors behind us have kept small laying hens (and occasionally a rooster) in their backyard for a long time. They're the brown skinny type of hens. Lately it seems they just keep buying small chicks whenever they need replacements. They sometimes get in our yard via the tree and then can't figure out how to get back over the fence for a long time, ha.  They've put chicken wire around a corner of their yard to semi-enclose them but ...
... lately this small hawk has discovered their presence and terrible sounds occasionally happen. Neighbors chase it off if they notice but,  heh. They're going to need a real/secure chicken coop, since now that the hawk knows about them, it's going to come back every single day. I feel sorta bad for the chicks but not my yard. Pfft.  :P

Slightly closer look, crop: (hubby took on phone, no zoom, fuzzy etc)

hawk-02.jpg

• Like 1

Laid things out to see how it looked so far :

Armour_LayOut.thumb.jpg.3b9dd98cce1f86f3914612f184fdea21.jpg

A few small things to print out and it should be good to get started on the smoothing and finishing.

Although I've got to decide whether to find some design for a backplate and whether to re-do the helmet / mask properly....

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."