What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

nah, just my usual luck but a bit more concentrated in this last week

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Played Pathfinder with my wife and friends.  GM and 8 players.  We broke open a bottle of a two year old bottle of home brewed blueberry mead.  Two years = smoooooth.  High ABV.  Still, with all these people, always it's just me in a room with a lot of others.  :faint grin with one raised eyebrow:  I'm one of the most self-centered people I know.  It's both sad and pathetic while being quite focused at the same time.  Mead was good.  Soooo, now I need to make a big batch for my Pathfinder friends.  Cinnamon citrus?  Raspberry?  heh.  Something.  BTW:  the wife looked up a rule for the group and read it to them.  She's come to love the game.  I guess the transition to gamer geek chick is complete!  lol  :polishing my halo:

• Like 2

The woodwork beckons.

51 minutes ago, Captain Corcoran said:

Played Pathfinder with my wife and friends.  GM and 8 players.  We broke open a bottle of a two year old bottle of home brewed blueberry mead.  Two years = smoooooth.  High ABV.  Still, with all these people, always it's just me in a room with a lot of others.  :faint grin with one raised eyebrow:  I'm one of the most self-centered people I know.  It's both sad and pathetic while being quite focused at the same time.  Mead was good.  Soooo, now I need to make a big batch for my Pathfinder friends.  Cinnamon citrus?  Raspberry?  heh.  Something.  BTW:  the wife looked up a rule for the group and read it to them.  She's come to love the game.  I guess the transition to gamer geek chick is complete!  lol  :polishing my halo:

Good post, I appreciate the effort you putting in to share information...I am finding it very entertaining and interesting

I hope you stay around, we dont seem to get new members who become regulars in Off Topic ...not sure why they dont stay, I imagine the reasons will vary 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ok, I bought (six, overkill is my name) batteries for the old DLSR which means the camera works. My ability to take hand-held macros, through plastic with the built-in flash, is still iffy tho. Didn't want to disturb him, he was chowing like a fiend.  :lol:

IMG_7153-02b.JPG

Don't make any sudden moves, I think Mr. Mind has been found...

:aiee: ... he's probably too busy eating to be much of a threat.

IMG_7161-02-b.JPG

IMG_7157-02-b.JPG

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 9/1/2019 at 11:30 AM, Captain Corcoran said:

I've tried that many players serveral times, the only times we actually made it to a good game was with two GM's. How much did you get done?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

4 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've tried that many players serveral times, the only times we actually made it to a good game was with two GM's. How much did you get done?

The first part of the day, we only had 7 players.  That was clunky, but we did get stuff done.  After 1630, the 8th arrived.  He's the 'talk politics instead of gaming and hold forth on issues with factually incorrect statements' member of our group.  We also have a 'hold the non-game chit-chat to minimum, which means none' member.  There's a lot of tension that builds up.  After our 8th showed, in the hours we played from that point, we had *one* encounter.  Even my wife complains about the slow pace.  I run a bastardized 5th edition/3.x hybrid game.  The wife likes that one better, but that's her, my brother-in-law, and my two nieces.

Tabletop DnD more about schedules and personalities rather than numbers.  That said, I agree with you that it's hard to make a good game with too many people because it's not only confusing but there's also too much opportunity for inter-party strife. 

The woodwork beckons.

9 hours ago, Captain Corcoran said:

The first part of the day, we only had 7 players.  That was clunky, but we did get stuff done.  After 1630, the 8th arrived.  He's the 'talk politics instead of gaming and hold forth on issues with factually incorrect statements' member of our group.  We also have a 'hold the non-game chit-chat to minimum, which means none' member.  There's a lot of tension that builds up.  After our 8th showed, in the hours we played from that point, we had *one* encounter.  Even my wife complains about the slow pace.  I run a bastardized 5th edition/3.x hybrid game.  The wife likes that one better, but that's her, my brother-in-law, and my two nieces.

Tabletop DnD more about schedules and personalities rather than numbers.  That said, I agree with you that it's hard to make a good game with too many people because it's not only confusing but there's also too much opportunity for inter-party strife. 

Thankfully we don't have that type in our group, well - we all like politics but we get that out of our systems before we actually start - but we do have a couple of people that sit with their fricking smartphones instead. I personally want a maximum of 6 players, it's doable with the right people, but 4 is optimal.

Interparty strife can be good though, if it's about their characters arguing, I love when that happens, and I try to use it later to keep things engaging. The arguements between the were-rat hunter, Helmite Cleric and trickster/sorceress in my campaign are hilarious. Mostly thanks to the were-rat player that keeps doing "stupid" things like; Regularly stealing from the Arch-mage contact, getting the trickster/sorceress killed and taking her to a druid to reincarnate her instead of letting the cleric raise her, getting pregnant with a Cambion and being the worst ranger one can imagine that either drives his animal companions mad, trying to genderbend them to suit her deranged sense of... fashion? or forgetting them when they teleport.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yep, in character strife can be funny.  A looooong time ago, I was playing with a buddy, my two sisters, my... wife or soon to be wife, and someone.  Anyway, My jackass buddy and my eldest sister came up with some goofy ass plan to try to bluff someone by pimping her to some half-orc NPCs.  I had to give them the chance to do it and I was 'fairly' generous with their chances.  I've always been willing to allow characters to think outside the box.  So, they passed a pretty low threshold.

Then there's player strife.  Back biting, back stabbing, and plain ol' vendetta feuds.  This is not entirely uncommon.  My favorite was a very successful 2nd edition group I was running when one of the players wanted to run 'just a module.'  In fact, he's the one running the current campaign I'm playing, but that's *mostly* his old friends.  *My* group revolted at the way he was running his module.  Too much Monty Hall, not enough consequences, and too little story.  I took the characters from 1 to 8 the *hard* way in a low magic campaign and the arguments that ensued ended it forever.  Hell, I haven't even talked to two of the people in the group for over ten years.  Then again, that's not entirely the DnD thing.  RPGs aren't the only rake on which I step with regularity.

Anyhow, so I don't derail the thread further with an entirely enjoyable discussion of tabletop RPGing, the wife and I went to have a little get together for Labor Day.  Nothing fancy.  Brats and burgers is all, but it was good food.  My niece was there and I've always had such a close relationship with her.  I keep expecting her to outgrow her goofy ol' Unlce D, but she keeps on loving me anyway.  To keep things in line with the RPG talk, she showed me yet *another* set of dice she's bought.  These are... season dice?  Seasonal?  Something like that.  Anyhow, they're translucent opaque on one side and then morphing into a kind of a golden color on the other.

The woodwork beckons.

Spent the long weekend fishing and swimming with the pups. All too soon it is ending and have to go back to work. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've been thinking about getting myself some metal dice, but from stepping on my friends METAL d4, I think I'll refrain - I'm not a sadist. :(

• Haha 1

My caterpillar has stopped eating and just sits there. Maybe it's time to turn into a butterfly, but it's taking its sweet time doing the chrysalis part. I gently prodded it onto a stick vs. just on the plastic container floor unsure if it'd prefer that. It's remained there all evening. We shall see. If it hatches into a butterfly, where am I going to release it. Last time I tried to release a hatched moth into the backyard, 2 seconds later a bird swooped in and ate it.

Been feeling kind of drumpy.  Close-ish to my birthday - maybe it's just that. Feeling "old" and useless again. I need more soapy K-drama binging.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wonder how Calax is doing? Haven't seen him around for a long while

• Like 1

I often wonder about a lot of folks that just up and disappear. 

Went for a long walk today on this small trail next to a tiny little creek.  Was fun and nice to get out and stretch my legs a bit. Been stuck in a tired routine of just work, home, and back again. Went to an Italian festival yesterday and that was also nice.

Currently upset that my UPS doesn't work for ****. CyberPower still hasn't responded to my ticket from last month so I'll probably just get a new one and never buy from them again.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I hurt my back delivering blood to Pettis on Thursday and it's been bugging me since. I still managed to pull my Friday and Saturday shifts, but I'm off until Thursday, so today I took it easy.  Went out with choir friends after Mass for lunch and went out with the little lady's family for dinner.  Back is hurting less right now, so hopefully it was a minor tweak and it's all good.  Even though it's a volunteer job, they really count on drivers so I don't want to miss a shift.

The woodwork beckons.

8 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I wonder how Calax is doing? Haven't seen him around for a long while

Yeah it has been a while. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apparently you can't buy a Sleep Number bed (from a walk-in store) without giving them your mobile phone number (which means I alone couldn't buy one since I have no mobile #). And they were really insistent on connecting to your phone and this app for delivery messages. Claimed it would shorten doorstep delivery time or something. But not the delivery date, which ended up being 3 weeks from day of purchase. >.> The only reason hubby wanted one is because they have that 100 day period where you can return it for full refund if you hate it.

I guess the way the world is going, if hubby dies before I do, I'll have to get my own mobile #. So hubby, don't die before me. Thanks.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Impressive! I don't think I know a single person over 10yo that doesn't have a phone. :lol:

Technically I have phones (hand me downs, didn't buy them) which I just use as home wi-fi mini-tablets (along with the actual tablet). I just have no phone service subs. Total waste of money for me, I have utterly no need for a mobile phone #/service. I rarely go anywhere for more than an hour and when I do I have no desire to be call-able or text-able. Even paying just for talk-minutes, I'd never use them. :lol:  The few family and friends can email or call the landline. Pffft.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:09 PM, Guard Dog said:

Yeah it has been a while. 

Still here broham.

Working for Ryder though, which is A hell of a commute until I finish training then I get to move to a store that's closer to me.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I am. I have a house now.

Grandfather died though. Still haven't fully processed his, or my grandmothers death last year (My mom's not doing great right now, she's had to deal with four very close deaths in the past 2 years)

• Sad 3

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.