What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

Had a "heavy" electic storm this morning when I left for work, there was like 10 flashes in half an hour. Lot's of thunder inbetween though. :(

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

****. I'm a "bit" drunk, and I have reached the conclusion that I'm most definetly not going to have any alcohol on my friends birthdayparty this weekend. Fukcing hell there are alot of dark angry thoughts in my head right about now, crazy angry and bitter abotu ervything as it as xD

Still got taht crazy Wheel of Time craving though. Thanks so very much Raithe!! 😄

• Thanks 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

There's a small arty cinema down here that's doing a season of cult films / 80's classics. So I got to see The Lost Boys on the big screen...

Dang, that soundtrack always sticks to the mind. And dammit, now I have an urge to break out my old World of Darkness books and doodle up some characters...

Oh, and Azdeus, you're perfectly welcome. ;)

Edited by Raithe
  • Sad 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

First it was hornworms (tomatoes). Hubby checks once or twice a week and picks off baby hornworm caterpillars from his tomatoes to this day. Not tons, but several per season show up at least.

post-11552-1285064535_thumb.jpg

But now he's been growing dill and the yellowish swallowtails have zeroed in on that. They fly around our yard all the time, but we've never had dill (or celery, or carrots, or anything similar) before. From a gardener's perspective, they're pests. From MY perspective, they're awesome. 😛 The little orange thingies that pop out over its head for a second when it's disturbed are too cute.

aniseswallowtail-catepillar-01.jpg

Sidenote: looking at the old hornworm pic attachment makes me miss my DLSR. It's the macro photos I miss, I've never been a landscape/portrait/photo-art type person. But I'm simply too lazy to pull it out of the closest anymore, let alone convert RAW + any editing.  Also needs new rechargeable batteries, they stop holding a good charge too fast. I wonder if they still cost $20 each. I remember when I'd put one (or two?) of those large watch-type batteries in my 35mm camera (all it needed) and it'd last 2+ years. Rechargeable ... pfft.

EditEdit: I have no cat, so I'm now a hubby's garden blogger. Ha. ;)

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 8/29/2019 at 12:12 AM, Raithe said:

Oh, and Azdeus, you're perfectly welcome. ;)

When I started playing pnp rpg's, we all had one thing in common; We hated dungeons and dragons, the rules were awful to everyones mind. But we all loved Wheel of Time, we were crazy about it - still are really - and a few years into our playing we found out about the Wheel of Time rpg being released so we bought it, the GM set up a campaign during spring, had us make characters, confered with a GM friend at school to create a really detailed campaign. Play during school weeks was limited to the weekends, but summer quickly came and with it the best summer I had.

We spent almost every day, every week for two months playing that campaign and the sidetracks that we ended up on. It was really well made, everything had a thought and story behind it, and it was really really massive - though independent from the books, we saw the consequences of the books ofcourse, but I'm really impressed with how well he made everything fit despite how encompassing the books are.

The GM's old girlfriend played an Aes Sedai, I played an Andoran Armsman that eventually got roped into being her Warder, we had a Arafelan woodlander/wanderer that was clearly insane that later turned out to be a darkfriend, an odd woodlander that we couldn't tell from the beginning where he was from which turned out to be a Seanchan infiltrator that really liked wolves, a male wilder that always managed to find the one Whitecloak in town and got us into massive trouble and a couple of others that were less regular.

For some - completely - unknown reason we had a hard time trusting each other much and ended up sending notes to each other, back and forth. I kept the Aes Sedai constantly updated on what was going on through the bond since my character was completely clueless on how to block it, haha - we had almost entire sidestories through those notes. :)

I actually still have the charactersheet, it's held up nicely against time despite it being 15 years or so. It has been stored in a plastic folder inside a metal and wood ringbinder all the time.

Mal Dern.jpg

• Like 4

Got some terrible news. My dog Sunny Smiles has Cushings Disease. It can be managed somewhat with medication but her life expectancy is 12-14 months. She's only 8 (give or take). No one is guaranteed tomorrow as we all know. We have to enjoy the time we have.

• Sad 7

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

13 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Got some terrible news. My dog Sunny Smiles has Cushings Disease. It can be managed somewhat with medication but her life expectancy is 12-14 months. She's only 8 (give or take). No one is guaranteed tomorrow as we all know. We have to enjoy the time we have.

I'm so sorry to hear that GD ;(

Thanks. She is my girl. The only good thing to come out of my second (and last) marriage. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

7 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

aniseswallowtail-catepillar-01.jpg

Don't make any sudden moves, I think Mr. Mind has been found...

21415055fecee01c4fe7bde0f08c796f.jpg.43689722db994a2fa5933ecaf55ff9c3.jpg

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

today was my father's funeral. healthiest adult human in town and died in the most unlikely way. he tried to calm down one of his 4 sheep that was a bit agitated, it tried to run off and pushed him, so he fell at a bad angle and broke his neck... and to think the ground was made of soft dirt and grass which makes it even more unlikely to get an injury like that but somehow he beat the odds. i was there when it happened, called an ambulance that arrived in less than 10 minutes but by that time he was gone. they kept trying to revive him in the hospital for about 30 minutes but to no avail. at the time they were not aware that his neck broke (meaning he was dead on the spot with no chance to be saved), we learned that the next day after the autopsy.

and of course i had to go find and consult a lawyer because there is a chance some crazy animal rights group will try to sue my dead father since an animal was involved. fortunately, the lawyer said that such a case will be dismissed by default so there are no worries on that end at least.

• Sad 3

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Sorry to hear that guys, terrible news and a terrible accident.

I'll be off for two weeks, going on vacation. Looking forward to some good ol' downtime at the sea.

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Sorry about your dad, teknoman 2.

I drove blood down to Kaiser Riverside and was surprised to see a huge farmer's market.  I didn't feel like I could take the time to shop for anything, although I did take a few minutes to stop by the honey.  I need it in quantity, so I'm always looking for good honey at fair prices.  Then, to top it off, the blood bank told me how good time I made, which tells me I could have taken a bit of time to shop for fresh fruit and veggies.  Then again, where the hell would I put the goods?  No food allowed in the PMD.  Maybe I'll start taking some cash and at least get a couple of pieces of fruit to eat right there.

The woodwork beckons.

My condolences Tek ;(

Wow Tek that is terrible. Deepest sympathies to you and your family. 

Thomas Sowell

In my interminable quest to find the perfect Ribs at all restaurants that claim to offer  " the best Ribs " I am going tomorrow to somewhere new with one of my brothers, the steakhouse  is called Nelsons Eye and Im excited as usual when it comes to the potential of good food and good company plus a view drinks 🍲

https://www.nelsons-eye.co.za/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

thanks

it was such an absurd way to die that even i that saw it still can't believe it happened like that.

and from Monday me and my brother will have to deal with a huge amount of paperwork

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

33 minutes ago, teknoman2 said:

thanks

it was such an absurd way to die that even i that saw it still can't believe it happened like that.

and from Monday me and my brother will have to deal with a huge amount of paperwork

Sorry to hear about your loss, that really was a freak accident 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, teknoman2 said:

thanks

Yeah,  my father in law died about a year and a half ago.  All death is inevitable and tragic, but your experience was far worse in the suddenness and queerness of it.  I know some people are offended by prayer, but I ask the Lord of wholeness and healing to look down on you and family with mercy.  I ask that your father find repose in His arms.  If my prayers give offense, I beg pardon and ask only that you receive them as genuine good will.  God bless you, teknoman2.  I've been there, brother, and it is awful.

• Like 1

The woodwork beckons.

28 minutes ago, Captain Corcoran said:

Yeah,  my father in law died about a year and a half ago.  All death is inevitable and tragic, but your experience was far worse in the suddenness and queerness of it.  I know some people are offended by prayer, but I ask the Lord of wholeness and healing to look down on you and family with mercy.  I ask that your father find repose in His arms.  If my prayers give offense, I beg pardon and ask only that you receive them as genuine good will.  God bless you, teknoman2.  I've been there, brother, and it is awful.

Nice words Captain, nothing wrong with honest  and well meaning support for each other where applicable :thumbsup:

John Milton 

and because misery loves company, today i got bitten by a snake... in the same plot of land where my father died as i was feeding the sheep

fortunately the bite was over my jeans and the fangs didn't go through so they only made a very small scrape on the skin that caused a very slight sting - like the sting you feel when sweat gets on a cut. still, i had to spend about 3 hours in the hospital with an iv drip with a mixture of antibiotics, cortisone and general antivenom just to be safe, because i didn't see what kind of snake it was - i didn't even realize i was bitten until i took off my pants and saw the fang marks at home. they told me to keep watch on the wound for the next 24 hours and if i see any swelling or change on the skin i should go back. so far there is nothing so i guess i'll be fine

-Teknoman2-