What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

7 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've been having an email conversation with the GM of a new group I intend to play with, getting to know her a bit, and she just told me that her triggers are sexual and being restrained. I'm an atheist, but.... Jeezuzz... :S

I cant figure out how to parse this. :lol: I understand "triggers" to be things that upset people. So she is forewarning you to not get sexual, or try to restrain, her character? What the what? PnP sure has changed since my day! :p

7 hours ago, Azdeus said:

I've been having an email conversation with the GM of a new group I intend to play with, getting to know her a bit, and she just told me that her triggers are sexual and being restrained. I'm an atheist, but.... Jeezuzz... :S

Uh...what kind of game are they playing ? :P

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thought about going to the police. And for the first time in my life thought again and decided that I may not want to get into trouble.

The guy who used to sell cocaine 10 minutes walking distance that way, today was selling heroine outside my front door. He also had a broken arm.

And yes, I could give the police a full description of the seller and the spotter. I could, if I payed a bit of attention tell them at what time they sell where. Heck, give me a wireless cam and I can find a good spot to get it all on tape.

But do I really want my name to appear in paperwork related to drug trafficking, when I, a passerby, have been witnessing this duo for 5 years? The police station is one street over.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Too bad pay phones basically don't exist anymore - hard to do actually anonymous tips these days.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

star 67 hides you from recipient with caller id, but not from your carrier.

HA! Good Fun! 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 minute ago, Gfted1 said:

I wonder if the police can still see your number if you use it?

probable not, but is nevertheless not genuine anonymous. 

option recommended by Gromnir: 3rd party. there is a few 3rd party tip lines which will transmit your tip to the authorities. do internet search. your caller info is not saved by the tip line and tips is kinda transmitted in bulk to authorities making prohibitive to trace.

when you hear on news 'bout an anonymous tip leading to arrest of _________, you would be surprised to learn how often is bad guy's lawyer having crisis o' conscience. 3rd party is the most common method for the discriminating 21st century attorney to sell out his own client. we were civil and not criminal for past decades, so weren't really an issue for us personal, but you pick up such stuff from co-workers.

a number o' fed agencies have anonymous tip lines which is genuine anonymous, but the conspiracy theorists likely won't trust such.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My difficulties with the IRS are now resolved. That is a bunch of f-----s you do NOT want to deal with. They seem to take a perverse pride in causing misery. I'd wager part of their training program includes torturing kittens to death slowly. Fortunately for me the settlement was favorable for me. Well, thanks to the tax lawyer I retained. Of course knock off what I had to pay her and it wasn't as good. Still better though. However since it was a dumb f--k lawyer who knew s--t all about tax law but still gives advice about it that got me into the mess I'm still down on the whole profession. No offense to Gromnir, Enoch, or Nep. 

A word of advice to my fellow Americans out there. Do not defer your taxes. Even if you think you can. Even if the law says you can. Just don't do it. Pay the sonsofbitches what you owe them every year. Hell even if you think it's wrong pay the f-----s anyway. They are like the f-----g mafia. It's cheaper to just give them what the f--k they want up front and get rid  of them. Plus once that stinking camel gets it's nose under the tent it will assuredly start nosing into other things that had nothing to do with the original kerfuffle. 

Sorry for the rant. Writing checks to the goddamned government makes my chest hurt. 

• Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

12 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

My difficulties with the IRS are now resolved.

congrats on the resolution.

we got audited in 2011 and there were an unpleasant few months for us. understatement. the thing is, the actual audit were not bad at all and irs didn't do us shiesty neither. 

had a few meetings with irs guy. our accountant were present at meetings.

our tax problems arose 'cause our operating losses from 2008-2010 (2011 were just as bad) on our real estate focused investments were biblical, and no doubt the irs were suspicious.  irs guy had a hard time believing 'til we showed canceled checks and bills and whatnot and explained why we were seeming throwing big bags o' money into a bottomless pit for multiple years. were especial suspicious 'cause we were buying real estate (and borrowing to do so) while simultaneous getting killed by our current real estate investments.

we got to keep all our losses. no penalties. in fact, doesn't look like am paying taxes again this year 'cause have kept carrying losses forward, though such will dry up after the 2019 tax year. 

deferred taxes every year for over 15 years. weren't the problem for us.

our taxes should get simpler starting this year. should. not deferring neither.

regardless, you got our condolences, but we don't have a similar hard luck irs story.

HA! Good Fun!

My problem goes back to the sale of our company a few years ago. I received a 1/7 share and took deferments on the CG to buy into a few other opportunities. The problem is some of the advice I received on  how to handle this was not correct.  There have been times my taxes have been sufficiently complex I did not do them myself. This wasn't one of those times, although it should have been. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have been living in my Cape Town flat for 3 months but I haven't been able to play any games on my new rig because there was a delay in the fiber connectivity

Anyway this was connected on Tuesday and I have been updating all outdated updates and soon I will be playing, I had many choices but I decided to start on Rage 2. I am very excited as I have missed out on gaming 8)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I stopped at home depot yesterday and bought everything to build this:

Image result for food dryer

I got the idea from Pintrest. It's a solar powered food dryer/dehydrator. I have a pretty big electric one but I am liking this "make the sun work for you not against  you" thing. 

• Like 3

Thomas Sowell

I used to want a bunch of such things for making jerky. But jerky is all I'd use a dehydrator for and with the cost of beef around here these days + how much jerky I'd constantly want to make ( I am not a eat one or two small pieces a day person), I may as well just buy the expensive jerkys that I try/find/like. Less work.

Edit: dried apples, apricots, plums etc. are good tho. I think I'd have to buy my own apricots and it'd be pricey too. They're not in the average grocery stores that much.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Looking for a new dishwasher as our current one seems to have a busted float valve so it kept filling.  Almost flooded the kitchen, so that was a fun morning of bailing until I belatedly got a brain wave to hit the shut off valve.   Amazing how expensive these things are, family is insistent on getting a Bosch - we had a Bosch and it lasted us 10 years so maybe is worth it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

I think you guys use electricity instead of NG for your appliances, right? An electric water heater is super easy to change yourself and you can probably put several hundred dollars back in your pocket if you do so.

What do you mean by 'you people'? :p

Ours is gas, and about 13 years old, and is a massive tank. I think there is a new permit system in California, but we are renters, so I am letting our landlord handle all that with the plumber. Sounds like they will install it Sunday.

• Thanks 1

From light morning rain to normal to super-hot to super windy. Weather sure is more temperamental the past several years vs. all the rest of my life.

Just another lazy day here, with nothing eventful going on. Just like I  like it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Chilled, drove about 100miles to meet some people, then drove the 100miles back, currently watching some dutch artists make Nightwish covers.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Didn't get too much sleep last night. I took my mom's dog out for a walk and have been spending a lot of time with him over the last few weeks. I think I won't be seeing him next year. It is strange, there have been two deaths in my family but thinking about his death makes me feel unsettled.

Edited by LittleArmadillo0