What you did Today: The Story of you

Amentep

Spent a good chunk of the day working on rust busting the stove. I got the door open and removed it. The inside isn't too bad. I ordered a few bottles of Birchwood Casey Blue and Rust remover. I've already gone as far was WD-40 can go. Time to get serious. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Washer has been giving trouble, first intake valve was leaking so we had that fixed and now the pump is acting up - well I think it is.  So no washer for a good chunk of time, sort of a pain to hump laundry over to a laundromat, especially with the amounts we have to do.  Thinking about just getting new ones, but as it's stackable we'll probably have to change the washer and dryer (physical size is going to be an issue as well as warranty) at the same time and Bosch, our preferred brand, only makes condenser ones which won't work for us.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I spent about one hour playing beatsaber, and now I can't feel my arms XD

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Is that some euphemism for masturbating ? 😛

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

54 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Is that some euphemism for masturbating ? 😛

Well, I did beat my meat at the end, I was getting kind of uncoordinated XD

On a more serious note, here's BeatSaber;

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, majestic said:

So it actually is masturbating, then? :p

Well, both leave me sweaty, broken and dissapointed with my performance 😄

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Won the reindeer antler toss and made a cardboard championship belt to strut around in

Pictures or its not true :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today was my last day visiting my parents on Singer Island for Christmas. The ocean was angry today. The waves were theoretically perfect for boogie boarding and I did catch a couple good ones, but good luck actually making it out far enough to catch the waves at that perfect spot where they break. With the waves bashing me in one direction and the strong undertow pulling me in another, after about 20 minutes I had to get out while I still had enough energy to move. I'm considering filing a lawsuit against the ocean for the ass whoopin it put on me today. :shifty:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

On 12/24/2019 at 11:59 AM, Azdeus said:

On a more serious note, here's BeatSaber;

I'm intrigued by the method of filming/superimposing the VR game + player. Much more interesting than just seeing the VR graphics itself.

I want to beatsaber to My Sharona!

It's cool too how while the movements everyone does are similar different people can have different movement styles. Like this guy with all his major arm twirling and drumming. And when the music turned to that meme girl-swinging-onion song at around 1:50, I lol'd.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's pretty cool, there is a way to superimpose avatars ontop of your body;

That said, you need to put tracking markers on your legs and hips if I remember correctly.

The further you swing your controllers, the higher score you get. There is a really bad stage made for the Doom 2016, one guy played it through and hit 1217/1217 notes and got a C-rating, it's impossible to do anything but play though the wirsts instead of the elbows though so that's probably the best score anyone can get.

I've been playing it on "campaign" mode lately, and there is a stage that blocks me from going forward since I have to swing a total of about 600metres, one of my SteamVR lighthouses died (Steam fails me again, go figure) so it doesn't track properly, which is annoying as hell since I only lack something like 50 metres on average from finishing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Azdeus said:

It's pretty cool, there is a way to superimpose avatars ontop of your body;

That said, you need to put tracking markers on your legs and hips if I remember correctly.

The further you swing your controllers, the higher score you get. There is a really bad stage made for the Doom 2016, one guy played it through and hit 1217/1217 notes and got a C-rating, it's impossible to do anything but play though the wirsts instead of the elbows though so that's probably the best score anyone can get.

I've been playing it on "campaign" mode lately, and there is a stage that blocks me from going forward since I have to swing a total of about 600metres, one of my SteamVR lighthouses died (Steam fails me again, go figure) so it doesn't track properly, which is annoying as hell since I only lack something like 50 metres on average from finishing.

How ironic, I played BeatSaber for the first time at my brothes place yesterday and I was very impressed, its early days in the development of VR but I am very excited about the future

Minor things they need to address will improve. For example the headgear makes you too hot...I was basically sweating after 10 minutes 😓

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, TrueNeutral said:

BeatSaber is one hell of a workout. I like a custom Mortal Kombat one I got, it gets me pumped. 

I love it too! I've always loved that theme song, so I get that nostalgia happiness aswell ^^

Which headset do you have?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueNeutral said:

To get really old school, I don't own but have pretty much unrestricted access to a pre-release Oculus Rift Dev Kit. One of the perks of being a former game dev. It's huge and a massive pain and I'd love to get something newer. 🤣

Haha! Even so, that's not a bad perk, I had to splurge 1200$ for my Vive Pro :p

That said, it's definetly not heavy! Not that I really have much to compare to, I've tried my friends Rift once, but this one is less sweaty I think. I'm hoping the SteamVR basestation I got was just a bad production example, but according to Vive's own forums I may be out of luck there. It was one thing I didn't check up on to be honest, and one I'm kind of regretting now. I'd have gone for the Cosmos instead if that was the case.

I made chicken jerky in the smokehouse yesterday. Don't worry, Duke and the hens are all fine. This was some unnamed chicken from Kroger. Still, what would they think if they could understand what I was up to? Sunny & Bela are VERY interested. They seem to think they will get most of it. Who am I kidding? They will.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Making a whole cross-rib beef roast in the slow cooker. Just the roast in there with a smidgen of water on the bottom (will add tiny whole potatoes later). Never done that before, outside of a corned beef brisket which is different to me than a fresh roast. Hoping it will come out somewhat sliceable vs. insta-shredded, since strings around it. That's always been my thing re: beef in a slow-cooker. I feel like it's always a beef-stew texture/flavor which I'm not all that into. We shall see.  (hubby would eat it either way)

It just sounded easier to clean the crock-pot bowl than a slotted roasting pan top ...  😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

12 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

Making a whole cross-rib beef roast in the slow cooker. Just the roast in there with a smidgen of water on the bottom (will add tiny whole potatoes later). Never done that before, outside of a corned beef brisket which is different to me than a fresh roast. Hoping it will come out somewhat sliceable vs. insta-shredded, since strings around it. That's always been my thing re: beef in a slow-cooker. I feel like it's always a beef-stew texture/flavor which I'm not all that into. We shall see.  (hubby would eat it either way)

It just sounded easier to clean the crock-pot bowl than a slotted roasting pan top ...  😛

Sounds delicious, I just need your address and what time I should arrive and we all set for a great meal

And please at least let me provide the alcohol, I always like to contribute 🍷 

John Milton 

Feeling pleased with myself for using  "Only now, at the end, do you understand" in a work setting.  Sadly I didn't electrocute the coworker at the end of it, but we take what we can get.

• Like 2

After stuffing some case edges with paper 😛my PC case was mostly quiet for a while but this morning started up with that annoying slight hum/vibration noise again. Fiddled around a bit. Took off the side-case cover again (this makes the noises stop).

Finally noticed the removable box that holds the HDD's in place, its press tabs to release/lock disks are super flush with edge of the case. Hm. Maybe they're touching the (rather poorly fitting I might add) clear plastic part of the case cover. Found a very thin piece of styrofoam sheet packing. Taped it to that corner of the sidecase cover. Put cover back on.

It's quiet again. Or at least, a lot quieter. Main hum is gone and while HDD's still make bit o' noise when file accessing (slightly more than if the cover is completely off, I mean) it's not clunky/vibrate-y sounding like before.

What a crappy case and HHD holder design. I mean I like the case for some other reasons (size, cable management etc) but ... pffft.  :getlost:

Edited by LadyCrimson