Political Point and Counterpoint

Amentep

Is there any politician (or anyone in general?) who isn't a hypocrite? Sanders seems more trustworthy than most of them.

No, it sort of comes with the territory of managing the state. Probably the only people in American national office who aren't rich just got their and will likely be rich in a few years. Something something class positioning.

Anyways Bernie is ok but Yang wants to give me 1000 bucks a month and make Bezos pay for it so he's got my critical support, if only so the boomers have heart attacks.

Nope. Being a general piece of **** is condicio sine qua non to get anywhere further than maybe secretary of your local workers' council.

Sounds like an argument for all power to local workers' councils.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

so, ny is going after manafort.  double jeopardy is gonna be an obvious issue for the bank fraud charges, though ny will attempt to use state business records laws circumvent constitutional and state dj issues.  state tax issues is less clear problematic, but where cause o' action arises outta same act or offenses, dj typical shields the ny defendant. 

regardless, for manafort, 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I liked that they waited only minutes until after his sentencing was complete to smash him with 16 more indictments.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

One day in the near future, the finite energy of Donald Trump's body runs out, and he dies.  He immediately goes to Hell, where the devil is waiting for him.

"I don't know what to do here," says the devil.  “You are on my list, but I have no room for you. You definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got three folks here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves."

Donald thought that sounded pretty good, so the devil opened the door to the first room.

In it, was Richard Nixon and a large pool of water. Nixon kept diving in, and surfacing, empty handed.  Over, and over, and over he dived in and surfaced with nothing. Such was his fate in hell.

"No," Donald said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer and it would ruin my hair. I don't think I could do that all day long.”

The devil led him to the door of the next room. In it, was George W Bush  with a sledge-hammer and a room full of rocks.  All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time.

"No, this is no good; I've got this bone spur problem with my foot. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day”, commented Donald.

The devil opened a third door.  Through it, Donald saw Bill Clinton, lying on the bed, his arms tied over his head, and his legs restrained in a spread-eagle pose.  Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best. 

Donald looked at this in shocked disbelief, and finally said, "Yeah man, I can handle this."

The devil smiled and said, “Okay, Monica, you're free to go."

Edited by ktchong
  • Like 1

53540937_2121688381207639_49911627986889

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Beto O'Rourke maybe? Since he all but announced he's jumping in with announcing that he'll announce tomorrow morning sometime. I don't think he's trying to make any analogy, just putting up a joke because everybody and their <pick a close relative> is jumping in.

There may still be some GoT reference that me and injurai are missing though.

Edited by smjjames

53540937_2121688381207639_49911627986889

huh. didn't hillary say she wasn't gonna run in 2020?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Honestly, probably people ahead of the war games pivoting the massive ship that is the DOD-MIC away from Saudi oil towards Venezuela crude.

Progressive conservative grandstanding is just a cherry on top.

Edited by injurai

Hmmm, is there any country out there right now where most of its people aren't confused as hell if they should trust their respective governments or not?! It sure does feel that way.

I wish I could wake up sometime in 1998, realizing all of this has just been a bad dream:

-9/11

-War

-ISIS

-Fallout 76

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Is that show, or even series still relevant? I thought it died on two fronts. Is that the analogy you're making? Which dem candidate is dead on two fronts?

:lol:  You put waaay too much thought into that. Internet memes are not plumbing the depths in search of subtle truths or esoteric allegory. They are just meant to be taken at face value and elicit a chuckle. 

And James was right. Everyone else is running why not Cersei too. If she got nominated as a Dem their would still vote for her and say "Well at least she isn't Joffrey". If she was nominated as a Republican they would still vote for her and say "At least she isn't Ramsay".

Meanwhile I'd be voting for Mance Rayder. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd like t think this is the beginning of a new trend where we turn our backs on things that are none of our f-----g business. But I know better.

Thomas Sowell

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Ruth-Bader-Ginsburg-Subway-Poster-Deface-G-Train-New-York-Police-Hate-Crime-507098591.html

$50 says this was done by someone whose politics are well left of center and wanted to make their "enemies" look bad. 

Thomas Sowell

Is that show, or even series still relevant? I thought it died on two fronts. Is that the analogy you're making? Which dem candidate is dead on two fronts?

Whoa whoa, this is no place for making controversial statements like that. GoT is super relevant and the new season starts in like a month.

Hmmm, is there any country out there right now where most of its people aren't confused as hell if they should trust their respective governments or not?! It sure does feel that way.

I wish I could wake up sometime in 1998, realizing all of this has just been a bad dream:

-9/11

-War

-ISIS

-Fallout 76

You should never trust your government, people should always keep track that government is doing what it was elected to do and if they don't then people should vote them out.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You'd think for people who hate the government so much they'd be better at avoiding it.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

You should never trust your government, people should always keep track that government is doing what it was elected to do and if they don't then people should vote them out.

I'm all for a system where you can vote ****bags out. Sadly, that is not possible anywhere* -- you can only ever vote a different ****bag in to replace them.

*the closest you can get are things like empty seats "parties", but that's a fairly rare alternative and even where it exists, understandably the establishment makes it virtually impossible for any such initiatives to gain traction.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Axel Voss sez mayb YT shouldn't be.

Just in case you're wondering who to vote for in the upcoming European Parliament election. As if that wasn't clear enough anyway.

edit:

Well who am I kidding. Assuming the EPP will lose votes they'll just all go to the ENF, a faction equally as imbecilic when it comes to technology - and if you look at people like Harald Vilimsky proof that the human race is devolving. Dude's essentially a Nazi in anything but the name and looks like he's on the verge of being part of the Planet of the Apes. And not as human slave. Talk about irony. :p

Edited by majestic

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Beto O'Rourke maybe? Since he all but announced he's jumping in with announcing that he'll announce tomorrow morning sometime. I don't think he's trying to make any analogy, just putting up a joke because everybody and their <pick a close relative> is jumping in.

There may still be some GoT reference that me and injurai are missing though.

:lol:  You put waaay too much thought into that. Internet memes are not plumbing the depths in search of subtle truths or esoteric allegory. They are just meant to be taken at face value and elicit a chuckle. 

And James was right. Everyone else is running why not Cersei too. If she got nominated as a Dem their would still vote for her and say "Well at least she isn't Joffrey". If she was nominated as a Republican they would still vote for her and say "At least she isn't Ramsay".

Meanwhile I'd be voting for Mance Rayder. 

I got the joke. I was making my own snide snipe at things fated to die away.

Just in case you're wondering who to vote for in the upcoming European Parliament election. As if that wasn't clear enough anyway.

I think it's hilarious, that if the UK applies for an extension to the Brexit date, they will have to field candidates for the European Parliament... which they may not be a part of 3 months later.

Politics... the gift that keeps giving.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein