What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Finished the White Orchard area in TW3. I really quite love that bit - it's obvious CDP did this area when they knew what they were doing. It's concise, everything's there for a reason (including all the question mark bits which actually all have a story and meaning behind them), all quests in it have their little twists and turns... Yeah, this is what I love TW3 for.

It's a shame that next area I can look forward to with the same level of quality is possibly Novigrad - the quality drop in Velen when it comes to exploration is just jarring.

• Like 1

^this makes me want to replay TW3. I never payed attention which areas of the game I liked the most, but Skelligrad comes to mind.

What I do remember though:

-Hearts of Stone felt great from start to finish and had a more satsfying ending compared to the main campaign

-Blood and Wine had a gorgeous setting filled with memorable characters but it also had a needlessly long ending.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Decided to replay Dragon Age Inquisition. Man, I forgot how awkward the character models moved. Watching Cassandra walk it's like someone manually moving a mannequin with some string and sticks.

On PC or consile? If you're playing on PC I highly advise getting the no loot animation and instant wartable mission mods. Together they can save lots of time and tediousness.

^this makes me want to replay TW3. I never payed attention which areas of the game I liked the most, but Skelligrad comes to mind.

Well, TW3 is effectively a collection of short stories framed in a larger narrative, so I'd assume most people are going to remember the stories as opposed to the locations they took place in. But yeah, Skellige Isles are certainly memorable for doing the Nordic Legends damn right.

Still, ironically, the tipping point that drove me to replaying the long-ass TW3 weren't the stories, altho I wanted to replay it for those for the longest time, but remembering riding along mountaintops into a small village at the mountain's base, built into the ascending slope. And of an old ruin built next to a twin waterfall, guarding some old Witcher schematics or some such, so I'm paying extra attention to the world design this time around (having a MOD which semi-permanently disables majority of HUD really helps there)

-Blood and Wine had a gorgeous setting filled with memorable characters but it also had a needlessly long ending.

Blood and Wine actually really reminded me of White Orchard in its design, polishing up and perfecting the 'small chunk of land' thing quite neatly. It was a well-rounded expansion, essentially more of the same when it came to the base game - but yeah, the ending sequence was ... Eh. Everything else to it was great tho.
  • Like 1

Found more of a groove in Divinity Original Sin 2. It does take me out of the experience to have to hop around the map like a mad bunny trying to find level appropriate quests and areas, but it's still fun. Even when the fights are cheap or cheesy.

Like there's one battle I'm maybe even overleveled for, but the enemy has such high initiative and gets so many actions, they can kill a character before I take a turn. They start the fight with 4 pets, summon up 2 more pets, can steal source, and use a powerful AOE in turn 1. And all 7 of them get their turn before one of my characters. I had to abuse the fact that I can move characters not involved in dialogue to move my vulnerable characters out of range so they couldn't reach them without using up all their movement. Because when I tried fighting head-on using the location the dialogue starts in, everyone got frozen and then eaten before they could act.

This is interesting, in a way, but it's not what I would want out of "normal difficulty."

I also did two fights on bloodmoon isle similarly. Having my lead character attack from max range, then the rest of the party ambush from stealth so they can slip in between character turns while the enemies were wasting all their actions trying to get to my lead.

I can't imagine how people play tactician difficulty without using Glass Cannon Fanes with Apotheosis and blood magic.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Decided to replay Dragon Age Inquisition. Man, I forgot how awkward the character models moved. Watching Cassandra walk it's like someone manually moving a mannequin with some string and sticks.

On PC or consile? If you're playing on PC I highly advise getting the no loot animation and instant wartable mission mods. Together they can save lots of time and tediousness.

Console.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The series is still by far the most fun (infuriating) social game that always gets the old college roommates back together for a night of mayhem and hurt feelings.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

This is one of the most enjoyable things, that uncontrollable greed in industry killed off. Simple couch co-op with friends and beer... *sadface*

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

This is one of the most enjoyable things, that uncontrollable greed in industry killed off. Simple couch co-op with friends and beer... *sadface*

Just get a Switch. Or connect your PC to your TV with an HDMI cable and get a bunch of wireless controllers. I don't drink beer so that may be the killing factor, but it usually takes us a grand total of 15 minutes to find, download and start playing a couch co-op/competitive game with no preparation. Edited by Fenixp

So I've reached rank 34 in RDO and suddenly I get posse invites every couple minutes. Seems I belong to the cool kids now.

Man, you Americans don't know how good you have it. On European servers, everyone is speaking their own language, if they speak at all... Usually it's Russian, polish or italian or whatever. Rarely I hear German voices, but honestly, I just want it all to be in english.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Just get a Switch. Or connect your PC to your TV with an HDMI cable and get a bunch of wireless controllers. I don't drink beer so that may be the killing factor, but it usually takes us a grand total of 15 minutes to find, download and start playing a couch co-op/competitive game with no preparation.

Unfortunatelly, I am not a target demographics for Nintendo. I Got Wii and three games, and played it like for two months, and I have so far the same impression of the Switch. Also, even if I found something must have, not being able to backup saves for a lot of games, is heavy dealbreaker for me.

On the other hand, due to layout of my home and my girlfriend, even though I have connected the PC to my TV, It’s hard for more than two people to sit next to each other to play stuff, with my consoles, it is much different. :(

Man, the last time I couch co-oped was some 20 years ago on the N64.

Three games were essential:

-World Cup 98

-GoldenEye 64

-Mario Kart 64

This January I'll be 36. Farewell, my dear teenage years... *extreme sadface*

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Well. I would love to couch coop with my GF, but at the moment, the only games, which allows that, which I own is Tales of series and Mortal Kombat. All on my consoles. Also some TurnBased strategies on my PC, but that is not hers cup of tea.

Yeah, I've got to blame growing up on my lack of co-op sessions in gaming nowadays. :(

Although my son and I can get some good co-op time in on both his Switch and my PS4.

Honestly I remember a lot of wasted nights trying to get our LAN configurations to work as well. :p

• Like 1

So I've reached rank 34 in RDO and suddenly I get posse invites every couple minutes. Seems I belong to the cool kids now.

Man, you Americans don't know how good you have it. On European servers, everyone is speaking their own language, if they speak at all... Usually it's Russian, polish or italian or whatever. Rarely I hear German voices, but honestly, I just want it all to be in english.

I dunno, is understanding other people in online games really a positive thing ? :)

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I want to communicate and do funny stuff like them people in the streams. So far I have yet to experience anything close, ever.

Yesterday some player befriended me. We hang around a while and I was wondering why he sometimes behaved so weird. Near the end of the session he activated voice chat... and oh boy, some russian, probably 12 years old if at all. It was such a hard cliche, I'm starting to believe these "12 years old online gaming"-stories are all true.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Ah ok.  Usually communicating with players in online games means I get to deal with idiots spouting memes, edgelord types yelling racist stuff, raging people or most commonly people binding their PTT key in game to the same of that of Discord or whatever so you're hearing one side of a conversation.  The latter can be somewhat funny, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well I want to communicate and do funny stuff like them people in the streams. So far I have yet to experience anything close, ever.

Yesterday some player befriended me. We hang around a while and I was wondering why he sometimes behaved so weird. Near the end of the session he activated voice chat... and oh boy, some russian, probably 12 years old if at all. It was such a hard cliche, I'm starting to believe these "12 years old online gaming"-stories are all true.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Unfortunatelly, I am not a target demographics for Nintendo.

You don't have to be, Switch managed to grow into something of an Indie machine. Off the top of my head, there's Switch version of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Biding of Isaac (yes, with local coop), both Overcooked games, Shovel Knight (... with local co-op, I think) - whole bunch of stuff, really. If you pay the online sub, there's also a bunch of NES classics with local co-op availible to you (and cloud saves - which is a big WTF, but ... Yeah.)

Of course, I also realize you're not much of a fan of subscription services or DRM in general, so your argumentation against getting one of those makes a lot of sense.

• Like 1

I finished episode 1 of The Council. Holy crap that was fun. If the other 4 episodes are this good then this is going to be a GotY contender for me.I've heard that the story goes full bonkers in the later episodes, which has me excited.

For those not familiar, The Council is the answer to the question "What if someone made a Telltale style game but also with actual gameplay?". It's mostly a narrative adventure but with some point n click and RPG Lite elements in it. Supposedly choices actually do matter as people have reported seeing wildly different scenes in later episodes based on choices they made in earlier episodes.

Anyway, I wont go into details in case anyone else here wants to play this, but I will say that I was given the option at one point of going to listen to a crazy young lady who may or may not be possessed by a demon or going back to my room where The Dutchess, who I have lovingly dubbed "Boobs McGee", was waiting for me. I don't think I need to tell you what I chose. ;)

Onward to episode 2.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I finished episode 1 of The Council. Holy crap that was fun. If the other 4 episodes are this good then this is going to be a GotY contender for me.I've heard that the story goes full bonkers in the later episodes, which has me excited.

For those not familiar, The Council is the answer to the question "What if someone made a Telltale style game but also with actual gameplay?". It's mostly a narrative adventure but with some point n click and RPG Lite elements in it. Supposedly choices actually do matter as people have reported seeing wildly different scenes in later episodes based on choices they made in earlier episodes.

Anyway, I wont go into details in case anyone else here wants to play this, but I will say that I was given the option at one point of going to listen to a crazy young lady who may or may not be possessed by a demon or going back to my room where The Dutchess, who I have lovingly dubbed "Boobs McGee", was waiting for me. I don't think I need to tell you what I chose. ;)

Onward to episode 2.

I've had my eyes on this game series, nice to hear that you like it so much.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Onward to episode 2.

So what did the crazy lady have to say?

...what? Why are you looking at me like that?!

Glad to hear it's turning out nicely, I had made a mental note about that one when episode one launched.

1 Necromancer (stun bone spikes primary with all legendary gear and Cubed powers)

7 skeleton minions (super fast attacking)

16+ skeleton mages (unique ring effect to double them, also mega speed)

Corpse explosion spam everywhere

A zillion monsters filling the entire screen screen doing their own effects things

....it sort of brings the PS4-Pro to its knees. I'm surprised it does as well as it does. But it stutters/lags here and there during the busiest moments. With the relative easy of difficulty in D3 now, all classes are OP'd in their own ways, but the Necro is something special in that regard, even for a minion class. imo. It's hilarious really. :disguise:

Edit: also, bone spikes can attack through walls a lot of the time (if there's no ceiling to them like in many dungeons). Meaning you can kill stuff without opening doors or them being able to fight back. How silly.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'M BACK!!!

I just got Bloodborne for $10.00 and Nioh for $14.99, both new and in their shiny virgin boxes!

So needless to say, I'm quite excited :D

....it sort of brings the PS4-Pro to its knees. I'm surprised it does as well as it does. But it stutters/lags here and there during the busiest moments. With the relative easy of difficulty in D3 now, all classes are OP'd in their own ways, but the Necro is something special in that regard, even for a minion class. imo. It's hilarious really. :disguise:

That's Blizzard's crappy optimization for ya, that's exactly why I'm more partial to just stick to exclusives on consoles. It shows how well the console can do with people who actually know what to do with given hardware instead of just releasing bad ports :)
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...