What are you playing right now?

Gorth

I'm through 2 of the 3 chapters of episode 2 of The Council.  This episode has gone heavy on puzzle solving so far, which is fine with me, since I am a 7th degree puzzle black belt.  The story and intrigue are definitely starting to ramp up now.  We're getting into some deep Illuminati ****, which is great since this type of conspiracy stuff is my jam.  One pitfall I am trying to avoid is replaying chapters to meta-game it, even if not to change choices but to redo failed opportunities or limit unnecessary item use.  So far I am doing well in resisting the temptation, though it definitely helps that I've yet to fail a confrontation (though I have definitely missed opportunities). I definitely plan to play through the game more than once (if only to hook up with Boobs McGee again  :brows: ) so I am sticking to the let the chips fall where they may approach.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Played some more Resi 0.

Playing it on easy so combat isn't really a challenge. It's good fun, the puzzles and the item management keep you on your toes. I am mostly preparing myself for Resi 2 Remake though. After this I will go for Resi 1 Remake and Resi 2 original on the PS Vita. 

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Never liked Resident Evil 0 because of that inventory shuffling. It felt so unfun to me. Think I stopped playing it after just a few hours.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, I picked up Tower of Time on the GoG sale the other day, and holy heck.  How did I miss this one previously (actually, I know how...they said you couldn't highlight the interactable bits, which I hate...turns out, they're generally marked on the map)?  The game is awesome.  I'm on floor 4 (I think...the mage training one) and I'm loving it.  Haven't encountered anything I couldn't beat after a couple tries yet (though a couple optional things kicked my ass and I had to come back for them.)  Haven't touched the crafting or enchanting bits (haven't used any of the forges either.)

Even the story is kind of intriguing (though it's not exactly the most in depth thing.)  Really hoping the devs keep up the good work with whatever their next project is.

• Like 1

Unfortunatelly, I am not a target demographics for Nintendo.

You don't have to be, Switch managed to grow into something of an Indie machine. Off the top of my head, there's Switch version of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Biding of Isaac (yes, with local coop), both Overcooked games, Shovel Knight (... with local co-op, I think) - whole bunch of stuff, really. If you pay the online sub, there's also a bunch of NES classics with local co-op availible to you (and cloud saves - which is a big WTF, but ... Yeah.)

Of course, I also realize you're not much of a fan of subscription services or DRM in general, so your argumentation against getting one of those makes a lot of sense.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Overcooked are rad.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Kotor II is bad but Star Wars movies are worse (yes, that includes the original trilogy)...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Played some more Resi 0.

I played Resi 0 after going through Resi 1 (because release order and all) and found Resi 1 to be this tightly designed, tense and exceptionally fun game that I could replay quite a few times. Then I played Resi 0 and thought... Meh.
  • Like 1

Never liked RE2 all that much either. :cat:

Resident Evil 1 is the only one that really got me. Also the remake, of course. Everything else started to just become more about guns and shooting monsters and stuff... The first game was very different from that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Resident Evil 1 is the only one that really got me. Also the remake, of course. Everything else started to just become more about guns and shooting monsters and stuff... The first game was very different from that.

4 was cool, for entirely different set of reasons than 1 was cool.

7 was excellent, for many similar reasons that 1 was cool (and yes, it shifted quite a bit from 'just shooting stuff' as well)

Carrying on with Witchering Threeing. I bloody love the world design at display here. Passing through villages which have their own fields, orchards or producing goods for nearby area. Big, stone castle in the middle of all of this, with a man of power seated there. Even the big, individual areas being divided into nice chunks that all have their own look and feel - be it thick forests, a ship graveyard showing us where a rather sizable naval battle happened fairly recently (and coast occupied by pirate outposts), that kind of stuff. Majority of that not really connected to any major quest lines, it's all just ... There for the player to explore.

I even find myself enjoying the combat system - it no longer feels like Dark Souls wannabe like TW2 and it seems to try and do its own thing. You have to react quickly, choose appropriate potions and bombs to maximize your efficiency against bosses (and oils I guess, but the oils may as well get auto-applied). It's suspenseful, it's lively, and it's varied and various monster types tend to get their own unique behaviors and twists to vary things up.

Edited by Fenixp

After 3 years break, I finally went back to continue my Xenonauts campaign. Before I quit, I Built my 3rd base and lost North America to aliens. Today, I’ve tried to remember how to play it, so I have shot down few UFOs, and completed few missions.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

"I even find myself enjoying the combat system - it no longer feels like Dark Souls wannabe like TW2 and it seems to try and do its own thing. You have to react quickly, choose appropriate potions and bombs to maximize your efficiency against bosses (and oils I guess, but the oils may as well get auto-applied). It's suspenseful, it's lively, and it's varied and various monster types tend to get their own unique behaviors and twists to vary things up."

i just level to 50 and kill everything in one or two hits

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Had a really fun match of casual phantom draft in Artifact today.  I was able to draft a deck that, at least in basic concept, operated similarly to a deck I'm conceptualizing and plan to construct in the future.  Of course, it didn't have all the same cards I plan to put in the deck I will construct (even if I don't know all the cards I will use just yet), but that's the nature of draft, being forced to use cards you might not normally, it's a great teaching tool (also, drafting a good deck is a skill in and of itself). The idea was the same, though, stall out the opponent's initial attacks and make them waste resources while outmaneuvering them and eventually overwhelming them with sheer numbers.  The match took a long time and I made a couple key mistakes along the way.  Still, eventually I was able to capitalize on a couple mistakes my opponent made and do exactly what I set out to do, outmaneuver and overwhelm them with numbers.  I learned a lot from that match.

Like in Magic The Gathering, Blue has become my favorite color.  It definitely shares a good number of similarities with its MTG counterpart.  Artifact only has 4 colors (to MTG's 5): Blue, black, red, and green.  Blue has the statistically weakest heroes in the gamer but also some of the strongest spells.  It excels at stalling and manipulating.  It is a control color.  Black is very offensive minded.  It excels at dealing a lot of damage quickly to single targets and at sieging, however it lacks defense.  Red has by far the strongest heroes statistically, but it has relatively weak spells.  The spells it does have revolve around buffing its already strong and tough heroes and creatures and forcing enemies to fight them, exploiting its statistical advantage.  Green has heroes that tend not to do much damage but that are very tough and durable.  It also has lots of defensive and healing spells and ways to ramp up mana quickly (blue can also ramp decently).

The deck I plan to build will be blue/black, likely 3 blue heroes and 2 black heroes.  It will definitely have Prellex and Venomancer (both blue heroes that continuously create more creeps) and very likely Bounty Hunter (a black hero that excels at gold generation for items I will need).  As for the other 2 heroes, I'm not sure yet.  I could go all in on creep generation and use Kanna as my 3rd blue hero, of course I don't have a Kanna and her card is relatively expensive (around $4) right now on the marketplace since her card is rare and she is very popular in the current meta. I could go with Zeus or Skywrath Mage as my 3rd blue, either one gives me some good AoE damage to help wipe enemy boards. For my second black hero I'm undecided.  Phantom Assassin is currently recognized as the strongest black hero, but I might go with Sorla Khan for her sieging abilities.  So many options.

I like using heroes and spells not in the current meta, for several reasons.  First, where's the fun in just copying a netdeck?  I prefer to come up with my own ideas and experiment.  For example there is a blue card called Whispering Madness, or something like that.  The card seems super garbage (it stuns 1 enemy and also stuns ALL of your own heroes in every lane).  I'm determine to figure out a way to make it work.  I don't really see it right now, but where there's a will there's a way (usually).  I'm trying to win matches, but having fun and experimenting is more important to me.  Second, playing out of meta heroes and cards catch people by surprise.  It's amazing how many people are not used to playing against Venomancer and forget about Plague Wards' passive ability.  It's fun exploiting stuff like that.

Sometimes I just like to play stuff for the comedy value.  If at all possible, if I'm running Crystal Maiden, I like to have a claymore in the deck.  If it comes up in the item shop and I can afford it, I'll but the claymore and equip it on CM. That may seem like a terrible idea (it usually is), but I like the visual in my mind of Rylai stumbling across a claymore lying on the ground, stopping, looking at the sword, then at her staff, then back at the sword, then back at her staff, then tossing the staff aside and picking up this giant sword that's likely bigger than she is like she's in a jRPG.  Worth it every time.  I'm weird like that.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

....it sort of brings the PS4-Pro to its knees. I'm surprised it does as well as it does. But it stutters/lags here and there during the busiest moments. With the relative easy of difficulty in D3 now, all classes are OP'd in their own ways, but the Necro is something special in that regard, even for a minion class. imo. It's hilarious really. :disguise:

That's Blizzard's crappy optimization for ya, that's exactly why I'm more partial to just stick to exclusives on consoles. It shows how well the console can do with people who actually know what to do with given hardware instead of just releasing bad ports :)

Actually D3 seems to be quite a good port to console, imo. The massive corpse explosion spam+minions (and it is massive when I do it) is the only thing that causes the stutter and one can live with that I suppose - slightly annoying but it doesn't make it unplayable or unusable. I notice a lot of Necro's on YouTube not using minions at all so maybe that helps. Reminds me of the D2 bnet days when everyone complained about Firewall sorcies or skeleton Necros etc killing frame rates back then, too. Other than that the performance on the Pro has been quite good. I don't know what the frame rate is, I'd guess 30+ (I'm playing on the 4k TV).

That said, I don't know how corpse explosion spam does on a non-Pro. Or a lower end PC or laptop (middling/high end pc's are fine I'm sure). And I'll agree Blizzard (well, a lot of companies these days) tends to overdo enemy numbers or effects/not seem to realize (or doesn't care) certain ones are just performance killers. I think arpg's often had problems like that in the past (on PC's) tho, sometimes there's just too much going on screen vs. other genres - PC's have caught up but consoles hardware hasn't. (edit - I recall bringing old RTS games to knees on PC too when I overdid "units" and battles, lol)

I was surprised Path of Exile was going to console now ... they used to say they didn't think they could get performance to par or something (some of their effects also caused fps loss in the past). Guess they changed their minds.

2nd edit: D3 fps on Pro may be a bit higher, I have no way of knowing, but I'd doubt it's any higher than 40ish. Which is the problem. On PC's that can do 60/120 fps brief 15-20fps drops wouldn't be bad at all, is all. The same thing was true in FFXV - and that game also had constant frame pacing issues on top. Which they didn't entirely fix for the PC port. >.>

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I finished episode 2 of The Council. Really good stuff. I'm getting myself pretty deep into a dangerous game. Episode 2 was very puzzle heavy. Each of the 3 chapters had at least 1 logic puzzle. None of them were exceptionally difficult, but I did appreciate the dedication to themes and the overall clever designs of the puzzles. The game very much requires you to pay close attention and to pick up on little details. Anyway, episode 2 ended on a cliffhanger and I'm diving straight into episode 3. I can't wait to find out where this goes from here.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

There, finished the Keira quest chain. After running about a whole lot and doing a bunch of side-quests, I'm starting the Bloody Baron one. It's quite insane how much content there is in TW3, and most of it's good as well.

Itemization and levelling in TW3 are both horrible, so I can't say I blame you. Personally, I think the game would be worse without them, as poor as they are - but it's quite apparent why would one want to skip all of that stuff.
  • Like 2

There, finished the Keira quest chain. After running about a whole lot and doing a bunch of side-quests, I'm starting the Bloody Baron one. It's quite insane how much content there is in TW3, and most of it's good as well.

Itemization and levelling in TW3 are both horrible, so I can't say I blame you. Personally, I think the game would be worse without them, as poor as they are - but it's quite apparent why would one want to skip all of that stuff.

Ironically, the amount of content is one of the reasons I didn't replay TW3 this time around.  Games that big are a huge investment for me (I tend to be a completionist), and it was daunting knowing I'd have to put around 100 hours into it if I did another play through.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)