What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

The Witcher 3 or as our dear Volo likes to call it "Twitcher".

Getting all those fancy armors and finishimg witcher contracts til my most anticipated game if the year comes out tomorrow - Lego DC Super Villains hehe

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Back to Baldur's Gate, and I've finally settled on making Sefana a mage. I've given her knock to make up for the temporary loss of lockpicking. I'll probably have someone memorize find traps as soon as I'm done on the werewolf island, too.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finally got my barony in Kingmaker. Seems to be going okay, but I'm going to go out to adventure at this point. I like the kingdom building part, but my main desire is to adventure. I think the kingdom building is better in Kingmaker than Pillars 1, but I also think that Pillars 1 implemented it well and did it well before Kingmaker did as a CRPG. So far, I like them probably about equally. Pillars 1 had a better and more interesting story. Kingmaker has better gameplay at the moment. Kingmaker has longer loading screens, it's true. Anyhow, loving the game.

χαίρετε

Still hopping between Fallout 4 (or rather, tinkering with Fallout 4  mods), Warframe and the occasional Guild Wars 2 raid.

Got my Bard's Tale 4 box and it came with a Steam key (despite having picked Gog), which, if it works, might mean I can escape inXile's unwillingness to properly support Gog and resulting continuous stream of 18 Gigabyte "patches"... So might be looking into playing that some more if the major kinks have been worked out.

Edited by marelooke

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. I have cheated at Baldur's Gate. I didn't want to, but I was reminded of why I always have to.

It's the Greater Werewolf on the Isle of Balduran. The guy who is immune to all weapons below +4 in a game where there's only two weapons that have that bonus against him, one of which is in a chest behind him, the other is a stupid dagger. The guy who regenerates so much health that he goes from Badly Injured to Unharmed in a single round.

I actually managed to kill him and win the fight legitimately. I had Safana, who is basically useless, run past to the chest and grab the second weapon. I gave that to Dorn, and then spammed all the Magic Missiles I could with everyone else. Of course, only my Sorcerer actually can Magic Missile worth a crap. He died! I cheered! I moved Safana! She stepped on a trap! She died! I... didn't have a quicksave between the two events.

So I loaded it up, killed him with cheats, and just gave my party the XP. I was not doing it again.

Didn't know Albruin counted. I may not have sold it yet. It probably would have helped a lot, could have given Kagain it and he wouldn't have been stuck with the dagger.

Does the Cleric spell created Spiritual Hammer hit Karoug? I can't remember.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Don't know, but Viconia can barely hit **** as it is with a regular +2 hammer.

She helps out by having the highest lowest AC at -7 in my party. But only half the the health of Kagain.

Whoever designed the Riddler's last driving test can leave the gaming industry now.  So much frustration in one map.  Ugh.  I'm never going to be able to finish that quest now, so it's so tempting to just give up on the game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Back to Baldur's Gate, and I've finally settled on making Sefana a mage. I've given her knock to make up for the temporary loss of lockpicking. I'll probably have someone memorize find traps as soon as I'm done on the werewolf island, too.

Would that be the first BG? 

Are you going to roll with SCS?

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

I'm trying to get through the Fallout 4 storyline, for some reason. It's such a strange game for me. Early on my big turnoff was the SPECIAL system and the way it was no longer, uh, special. I also wasn't happy with the combat being way more shooter than RPG, as I get pretty tired of shooting at bugs and bandits all the time. But I enjoyed the exploration, so it always pulls me in for a few hours.

Now I've come to terms with the leveling. Not happily, but I've stopped being mad every time I level up. But now I'm starting to get annoyed at how populated this wasteland is. There are hundreds of people asking me to do things for them, and I can't seem to walk a few steps without running into mutants, raiders, or other weird lifeforms that want to kill me. It's exhausting, and I really just want to get through the story at this point. I don't really care about any of the factions.

Would that be the first BG? 

Are you going to roll with SCS?

Yes, first BG. There's nothing in SCS I care about to my knowledge. I am using Unfinished Business and the NPC Project, though.
  • Like 1

Now that I'm home I'm playing Elex again.  I went ahead and joined the crazy cultists which got me a couple levels, a Psi Amp and some armor that's not completely garbage, so now I'm at least capable of fighting some slightly stronger enemies, though I still suck in battle since I've been investing most of my points into crafting and personality skills.  I'm probably going to invest into combat related stuff the next couple of levels to make myself a bit more survivable.

I also downloaded Star Traders Frontiers onto my ancient lappy and tested that it works fine, but I haven't really started the game in earnest.  I'll play it once I'm back on the road in a few days.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Whomever wrote that AC:Odyssey was the best AC story yet was a liar. The whole thing runs the gamut from decent to downright cringy, with moments of real character development and story structure which are later undermined by a character yelling "Make Athens great again" (not even kidding on that one) It feels like a English class project, with the teacher trying to structure the whole thing and adding quality to it but a bunch of kids keep dragging their pet peeves into it.

Gameplay is Witcher 3 improved (and I mean that) chained to your usual Ubisoft  Easter Egg hunts where you try to complete meaningless objectives throughout a huge map.

All in all: Lots flash, not a lot of substance and some of the developers tried to make it great....they failed but is still playable and you might get a kick out of it if you can set your brain on stupid of extend periods of time.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yes, first BG. There's nothing in SCS I care about to my knowledge. I am using Unfinished Business and the NPC Project, though.

What would be the difference?

Unfinished Business is quests restored from cut content. NPC Project is new banters and companion quests to try and be more like BG2 in terms of content.

Whomever wrote that AC:Odyssey was the best AC story yet was a liar.

Hey, if they don't force you to stab your own kid in the first hour of the game, it is already ahead of AC:Origins.

Ezio will always be the best. He had some pizazz.

• Like 2

Whomever wrote that AC:Odyssey was the best AC story yet was a liar.

Hey, if they don't force you to stab your own kid in the first hour of the game, it is already ahead of AC:Origins.

Ezio will always be the best. He had some pizazz.

Hear Hear, that's why he got 3 games.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Unfinished Business is quests restored from cut content. NPC Project is new banters and companion quests to try and be more like BG2 in terms of content.

Ok, thanks. I will look it up for my next playthrough... which will be some time in the future. x)

But SCS looks exactly down my alley. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png