What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

How far Beamdog came in those years. I remember when I first saw Neera's new area in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. The area map looked like it was baked from a PS1 era 3D model. The new areas for Baldur's Gate II EE weren't that great, either.

In Siege of Dragonspear, though, the areas are all beautiful. They stand out for being much more detailed than the base game, even when you're revisiting areas from Baldur's Gate 1 in the beginning. 

It feels like Baldur's Gate's Throne of Bhaal. There's no focus on any city, and it's lots of swarm fights where I can finally use those wands of fear I stocked up and it turns trivial.

Edit: New California looks nice.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If anyone took on Baldurs Gate, I'm glad it was Beamdog :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Tried playing Battleborn. Definitely not a game you want to be playing all by yourself...which is what I am doing right now.

Also, the character selection screen has to be the most unintuitive thing I've seen in my entire life. I have no idea what I am choosing, just an avatar and some vague description(what is an 'infiltrator'?!).

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

That game had potential. Or at least the characters and the world had potential. Would have made for a great Borderlands style game or RPG. Turning it into a shooter was a silly idea.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I just don't get the design decision behind some of these Riddler trophies/challenges.  I get the ones that make you think and properly use the gadgets you've acquired.  Those are pretty cool.  But the timing ones where you have to hit multiple targets with the batarang within X amount of seconds or you screw up and your margin for error is half a second?  Those aren't fun, they're just annoying.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm rather enjoying Cattails. Sadly, there is no actual farming (I can't grow rows of catnip, *sob*) but you do run around pouncing on things for dinner. Your cat becomes very hungry quickly tho (hungrier you are the slower your walk/run pace), so one feels like you have to spend some days catching/stockpiling food so you can wander the map more. >.>

I'm avoiding combat with other cats from other towns at the moment, trying to make kitty-cash to buy some upgrades....it's slow but relaxing fun. There's some puzzles stuff and dungeons but I haven't done much of those yet. Anyway, it's like a light RTS/RPG with some reminders of Stardew Valley (you can court/get married/have kittens and other things). Could probably try to stay mostly peaceful or become War Mongering Kitty. Something to play an hour or two of, periodically.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like putting Girdle of M/F on my companions for funsies. In Baldur's Gate 1, I did it to Khalid, though I eventually swapped him out. And by "eventually" I mean as soon as I got Viconia and no longer needed Jaheira, which was immediately after Neshkel for me. After doing Bridgeport in Siege of Dragonspear I found another and was very surprised, so I gave it to Minsc.

Only I just started thinking "where is Khalid, anyway?" He shows up in Bridgeport leading the defense and that was the last I saw of him. I was grateful at first that I didn't have to take him and Jaheira as a pair since she's my new tank. But I heard he had a quest I wanted to do so I started searching for him.

And I found out something. I don't think the Girdle I gave Minsc is a new one at all.

I'm starting to collect all the companions in Elex. I have Caja, Arx, Fenk, CRONY, and Nasty. I still gotta finish the Berserker investigation quest to get Duras, I keep forgetting about it when I get involved in something else. I'm not sure if there are more companions beyond those.

Right now my favorite companions to travel with are CRONY, because it has a flashlight and some amusing dialogue, and Nasty, because Nasty best girl.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Only problem with Elex for me is that it has absolutely no replay value. I know there are three factions, but the difference between them is too small for me to bother. The map was very cool to explore and clearing it out after you've gotten powerful was immensely satisfying. But I've seen everything there is to see and done every quest there is to solve, so.. yeah.

But I loved it (not as much as Gothic).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still playing the Nuka World dlc. It is a whole lot better than I thought it was, initially. The dlc map is big and there is a whole lot to do. The characters you meet can be interesting but the quests you take usually boil down to:

a.go to place X

b.kill Y

c.bring back Z

Also, did any of you fellas ever built a so called 'contraption' during your time with F4? Is it worth tinkering with?

I love PB's world building. With a fraction of the budget they deliver worlds much more lifelike than many [sneering Jim Sterling voice]Triple A[/sneering Jim Sterling voice] developers.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So pissed that they tied the "real" ending to Arkham Knight to having 100% completion when it comes to the Most Wanted.  I gave up trying to get all the Riddler trophies because some of them were just so tedious to do they weren't even fun.  And wouldn't you know it, the most annoying ones were the ones associated with the Batmobile.

Now that I'm done, I think I can say with certainty Arkham Knight was my least favorite of the Arkham titles.  A big part of that was the inclusion of the Batmobile and how so many tasks/missions required its use.  I hope if they do another Batman game (or any game involving Batman) that the Batmobile doesn't play such a huge role in the next one.  I don't mind if there's one or two missions of it, but it felt like half the content required it.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So pissed that they tied the "real" ending to Arkham Knight to having 100% completion when it comes to the Most Wanted. I gave up trying to get all the Riddler trophies because some of them were just so tedious to do they weren't even fun.

Youtube to the rescue. ;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Oddly it took me much longer to 100% Spiderman than it did Arkham Knight. The thing that makes it odd? Well the fact that Arkham Knight has much more content. I don't have many "perfect" games but Spiderman, Arkham Knight and Lego games are in a museum for a reason.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Still playing the Nuka World dlc. It is a whole lot better than I thought it was, initially. The dlc map is big and there is a whole lot to do. The characters you meet can be interesting but the quests you take usually boil down to:

a.go to place X

b.kill Y

c.bring back Z

Also, did any of you fellas ever built a so called 'contraption' during your time with F4? Is it worth tinkering with?

Nope, never bothered with the contraptions (if you mean the conveyors and stuff), built some of those cages though, not sure if that was part of that same DLC. I probably should mess with them some, if only to get the achievements... ;)

Biggest problems with both big DLC is that they're separate maps and as far as I'm concerned and once you're "done" with them there's really not many reasons to go back there (especially true for Nuka World)

• Like 1

I'm about to hit the final chapter of Dragonspear. I just found a book on fighting Fiends, as well as scrolls of protection against fire and magic weapon, fire resistance potions, fire resistance armor, and even dispel illusion.

I wonder what it could all mean.

• Like 1

Still rolling through Rome 2.  Sort of boring as I'm dismantling everyone and there's no spooky power to the east.  Carthage as a client state would be funny, but I want Sardinia and Carthage itself, but as I've pushed them out of Spain and most of North Africa already...no point.   Then onto invading Britain. 

Being organized and have an excel sheet with a list of my legions marking composition (so I know what they'll be good against), level and current station, so can re-assign them as needed and earmark any for offensives.   If only I were so organized with real life things :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided to give Fallout 4 another long break because...Yakuza Kiwami.

I was expecting some sort of burnout after spending 92 hours on Yakuza 0 but nope, I am already digging the story and setting of Yakuza Kiwami and I want more.

• Like 2

Finished Siege of Dragonspear. I did not expect the ending to go that way. And I bet the Skie stuff is a setup for Baldur's Gate 3. Drag around a minor companion from BG1 as a recurring non-companion, tie her into the ending for what? It's the groundwork for something. They even tied in Icewind Dale in a way, so they were looking at a bigger picture.

That was probably the easiest boss battle in all Baldur's Gate. And I'm not just saying final boss either. He was a pushover. That's not a complaint, given the trouble I usually have with boss battles. I did some obvious buffing, then just wailed on him. I think only one spell even got through his magic resistance. On the plus side, that spell was slow, so he was screwed. On the downside, he was nearly dead before it actually worked, so he was already going to die.

Edit: And now I've started Baldur's Gate 2. The end of Dragonspear sets up the start of Baldur's Gate 2 even better than I expected. There's a few bits in the intro cinematic I completely forgot about, like the part about rumors and having to leave Baldur's Gate. Dragonspear doesn't do it perfectly, but it does it well. But Baldur's Gate 2 represents a pretty sizable tonal shift. I also forgot just how dark it started out as. The opening shoots for horror and it scores.

I also already hate BG2's pathing. If the characters run into even a slight obstacle, they try to path to the complete other side of the map. BG1 EE does not have this problem. Is it less obstacles or better pathing? I fear assuming.

• Like 1

Oddly it took me much longer to 100% Spiderman than it did Arkham Knight. The thing that makes it odd? Well the fact that Arkham Knight has much more content. I don't have many "perfect" games but Spiderman, Arkham Knight and Lego games are in a museum for a reason.

I had way less trouble with Spiderman.  I think it's those stupid timed Riddler trophies.  I hate, hate, hate them.  Did I mention I hate them?  I have like 9 left to finish all 243 Riddler challenges.

Decided to give Fallout 4 another long break because...Yakuza Kiwami.

I was expecting some sort of burnout after spending 92 hours on Yakuza 0 but nope, I am already digging the story and setting of Yakuza Kiwami and I want more.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 to the rescue :p

Just saying, you know ;)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours