What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Yeah, but this is Fo4 without NPCs, meaningful quests (though Fo4 doesn't even have that many of them hurr durr), and with even more combat mobs around every corner. If you like that, cool, but for me personally that sounds extremely boring and grindy.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yeah, but this is Fo4 without NPCs, meaningful quests (though Fo4 doesn't even have that many of them hurr durr), and with even more combat mobs around every corner. If you like that, cool, but for me personally that sounds extremely boring and grindy.

I don't know, I read an article in Game Informer and it makes it sounds a lot more like a regular RPG than all the buzz that is floating around. I will probably wait for some real reviews.

edit: It sounds like quest will mostly be through atmospheric storytelling, aka tapes and computers. Considering I think that is what Bethesda is best at, I'm willing to give it a chance. Honestly I tend to hate all their NPC's anyways. Diamond City was filled with annoying people.

Edited by Hurlshot

In Red Dead Redemption 2, I let an injured war vet hug me and lifted a horse off a lady. I also cheated at an accuracy contest and fought some people. Oh, I hunted some animals and browsed the latest catalogues. I also brushed my horse, got a haircut, took a bath (without the extra, since the kids were home) and ate a good stew. Then I read some books. Oh and I polished my gun.

This game has a tremendous amount of stuff to do. Also my horse has been pooping a lot and I might need to adjust his diet.

• Like 1

Red Dead Redemption 2 (much like PS4's Spider-Man) has Lego open world game type challenges which I love. For exampathy, how many animals you discover, how many kilometers you travel on horse vs on foot, how many weapons you come across, how many different species of plants you pick, etc. The Lego format works well here. Add to that the reputation system from old Fallout games and the light and dark system from Kotor and that's what we got here.

Right now I'm in a side-quest where I have to track down gun-fighter has-beens and try to get info from them, so far not one has given me info but ends up in a duel. The cool thing is that they give me some nice guns and allow for customizations. Unleash the gattling!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Oh, I hunted some animals and browsed the latest catalogues. I also brushed my horse, got a haircut, took a bath (without the extra, since the kids were home) and ate a good stew. Then I read some books.

Wait, did you accidentially start The Sims? :p

• Like 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

edit: It sounds like quest will mostly be through atmospheric storytelling, aka tapes and computers.

Skeletons! Don't forget about the skeletons. They are an essential part of a Bethesdian Fallout game.

:p

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I think I finished AC Odyssey, the game is very vague about its ending point. A bunch of cutscenes happened, a very lackluster conquest battle ensued and nothing felt climactic....I miss the old AC games. Brotherhood's tutorial mission was way more cinematic and exciting than this game's ending.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Bought Divinity Original Sin 2. I like it kind of. It looks like there's a wealth of options and such. Ended up on a main quest and could kill someone or let myself get beat up. I have supposedly three different ways to escape. And reading up, one of those has further options.

But the quests seem like they're written assuming the map markers, even when map markers aren't always there. People tell you to do this or that, but they never tell you much of where. They just update your map or expect you to stumble on it.

This has me confused about several quests I have. If I pursue one main quest option, instead it updates as if I took the other one. So, wrong place? Who knows, there's nothing in the journal about exactly where. And another quest is either incomplete or just horribly anticlimactic.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The level design in later levels of Bioshock just feel... A lot less fleshed out. Well, at least the level after the Ryan's reveal is. There's often just massive rooms with not a whole lot inside them - not even close to rich and detailed bits like the Fish Market. Then again, there's cool bits in there too.

I also discovered what very effectively battles bullet sponginess of enemies: Mr. Shotty does. While standard ammo of all other basic guns became more or less useless, shotgun just massacres things. And when I have to reload I can just swap to my beefed-up wrench to finish things up! Good, good.

Edit: Oh right, I also dig the feature where they failed to fix the original's bug where it randomly reverts to window mode upon launching the game. They did fix the alt+enter shortcut to deal with it without entering graphics options so that it doesn't work anymore. So um... Well done?

Edited by Fenixp

Still playing Guild Wars 2 when I have the time. Got myself a griffon mount. A great addition to the game, if a bit pricey and hard to get.

I've completed the core story a few time and the two expansions once each. Also completed Living World Season 2 and currently working my way through season 3.

But.... ffs ANet, if you mean for people to bring a raid group for a mid story boss fight, at least add 'Group' to the event description. It's a lot of frustration dying over and over and the look for hints on youtube, just to see that all the "solutions" is to bring a fully maxed out team in what is otherwise just a solo story. Looking at you, last fight in Heart of Thorns and Inquisitor Caudecus in Lake Doric (a bit more than halfway through season 3)

Starting to get the hang of playing Chronomancer... Alacrity on demand indeed, but still not getting maximum value out of my Continuum Splits. Dying a lot less on my thief too now compared to the beginning.

Most of the (story) bossfights range from annoying to extremely obnoxious. They've fixed the last HoT boss a long time ago though, most of the stuff you Google is probably just way out of date (you can just go stand in the shield bubble with the NPCs nowadays, which makes him trivial). Caudecus also was nerfed a few times but if you are there on the wrong class (or build) you'll have a bad time. I got lucky there from what I hear by bringing a Daredevil.

Now the Path of Fire final bosses, those are just extremely obnoxious, I absolutely hated those fights (chances of running through PoF story with another character are, for me, close to zero)

As for Chronomancer (which is the class I play most of the time) I find it perfectly highlights the weaknesses of the game. It's a class that requires you to blindly follow a "rotation" for optimal result in group play because the UI doesn't give you the information you need for a more reactive play style. And all of that in the name of "avoiding players having to play the UI" bollocks, I mean, like how you don't have to play the UI during the Soulless Horror encounter, tanking at a boss while staring at a little debuff icon (that moves around) isn't playing the UI, according to Anet :banghead:

They've now made it even worse and you have even less flexibility in the traits and abilities you can use if you want optimal result on top of making running two Chronomancers in raids pretty much mandatory (the flexibility was what attracted me to the class in the first place...)

In this case, the Caudecus fight went like this twice in a row... I whittle him down to 30%... remembering to use my counter magic ability, throwing rocks at his shield etc.... then he summons a veteran jade armour and it's pretty much game over. The jade guy jumps over to me and kills me in one blow (I'm a warrior with close to 25k hp). My companions get perma-dazed and can't rez me, they are just standing there, swaying on their feet. Ok, respawn inside instance, walk up to the mesmer portal leading to the fight, hit 'F' and... I'm insta-dead. As in not just downed, dead. I tried to create a sequence of 'F','Direction','Direction' to roll out of harms way the moment I go through the portal, but I never get to do the evade, goes from max health to dead (and as mentioned, really dead). Rinse and repeat 20 times with the same outcome and I gave up. Tried it two days in a row with the same result, once Jade guy shows up, I do not last 1 second and can't join the fight from a respawn. :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Realizing my city would be pretty terrible to live in in Cities Skyliens.  Thinking of how I can make a highway cut through the city as my industrial area is on the other side of the river. Also juggling FM2018, had a good run in the CL with Elfsborg, ended up getting 15 MM Euro of prize money which was roughly doubling my season income, so might actually afford some decent players.   Or could say screw them and go manage in Italy :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing Guild Wars 2 when I have the time. Got myself a griffon mount. A great addition to the game, if a bit pricey and hard to get.

I've completed the core story a few time and the two expansions once each. Also completed Living World Season 2 and currently working my way through season 3.

But.... ffs ANet, if you mean for people to bring a raid group for a mid story boss fight, at least add 'Group' to the event description. It's a lot of frustration dying over and over and the look for hints on youtube, just to see that all the "solutions" is to bring a fully maxed out team in what is otherwise just a solo story. Looking at you, last fight in Heart of Thorns and Inquisitor Caudecus in Lake Doric (a bit more than halfway through season 3)

Starting to get the hang of playing Chronomancer... Alacrity on demand indeed, but still not getting maximum value out of my Continuum Splits. Dying a lot less on my thief too now compared to the beginning.

Most of the (story) bossfights range from annoying to extremely obnoxious. They've fixed the last HoT boss a long time ago though, most of the stuff you Google is probably just way out of date (you can just go stand in the shield bubble with the NPCs nowadays, which makes him trivial). Caudecus also was nerfed a few times but if you are there on the wrong class (or build) you'll have a bad time. I got lucky there from what I hear by bringing a Daredevil.

Now the Path of Fire final bosses, those are just extremely obnoxious, I absolutely hated those fights (chances of running through PoF story with another character are, for me, close to zero)

As for Chronomancer (which is the class I play most of the time) I find it perfectly highlights the weaknesses of the game. It's a class that requires you to blindly follow a "rotation" for optimal result in group play because the UI doesn't give you the information you need for a more reactive play style. And all of that in the name of "avoiding players having to play the UI" bollocks, I mean, like how you don't have to play the UI during the Soulless Horror encounter, tanking at a boss while staring at a little debuff icon (that moves around) isn't playing the UI, according to Anet :banghead:

They've now made it even worse and you have even less flexibility in the traits and abilities you can use if you want optimal result on top of making running two Chronomancers in raids pretty much mandatory (the flexibility was what attracted me to the class in the first place...)

In this case, the Caudecus fight went like this twice in a row... I whittle him down to 30%... remembering to use my counter magic ability, throwing rocks at his shield etc.... then he summons a veteran jade armour and it's pretty much game over. The jade guy jumps over to me and kills me in one blow (I'm a warrior with close to 25k hp). My companions get perma-dazed and can't rez me, they are just standing there, swaying on their feet. Ok, respawn inside instance, walk up to the mesmer portal leading to the fight, hit 'F' and... I'm insta-dead. As in not just downed, dead. I tried to create a sequence of 'F','Direction','Direction' to roll out of harms way the moment I go through the portal, but I never get to do the evade, goes from max health to dead (and as mentioned, really dead). Rinse and repeat 20 times with the same outcome and I gave up. Tried it two days in a row with the same result, once Jade guy shows up, I do not last 1 second and can't join the fight from a respawn. :(

Hmm, I never had one of those Jade Bows spawn. Apparently you can avoid them if you kill him fast enough, depending on how close you were trying to squeeze out a bit more damage might help.

Since Amazon is being weird about Elex, I decided to go back to play some Spider-Man now that the first DLC is out.  I was tempted to play the Batman DLC, but most of them seem to suck.  I recall Arkham City having better DLC, but maybe that's nostalgia talking.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Red Dead Redemption 2 tells a heck of a story. The characters are just fantastic. Rockstar has always been pretty good at creating memorable characters, but I'm going to have to put this a notch above anything they've done before. It is basically the video game equivalent of Deadwood. The nuances of my own PC is what gets me. There are some pretty deep layers at play here. 

Heck, even my horse has more personality than most NPC's in video games. 

I've been playing it as well, I don't think it's unfair to say that it's a Ubisoft-type open world action game that puts Crpg and Arpg's to shame. The level of depth and caliber of storytelling here is at a place that's never done before in video games, that's how you know a game us worth the hype - but 8 years in the making makes sense of why it's a true marvel to begin with.

One of the things I love is the attention to detail in animation, not sure if it's motion capture or not but it's scaringly realistic - from the sliding down rocky surfaces to getting attacked by animals. The cougar, bear and wolf animations put the newer Tomb Raider games to shame. It's that good.

The conversations at the base, how you can sit at the campfire and listen to singing, people reacting to if you gave a good reputation or if you're doing bad, telling you if they're hungry or what not - this is what I wish Crpg's had.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I've been playing it as well, I don't think it's unfair to say that it's a Ubisoft-type open world action game that puts Crpg and Arpg's to shame.

Why isn't it a Rockstar-type open world game?

Not sure, probably better to ask the members here who stereotype every free-roam open world action game as a "Ubisoft open world" game, which is why I said it.

:lol: Watching you whipsaw back and forth between your god complex and persecution complex is glorious.

Me?

Why thank you! :) I mean, I could of just said "It can be" or "It is" but members here need to be taught a lesson and I am the great professor, this is the burden of being all-knowing and all-good. I'm happy that someone appreciates what I'm doing here <3

These are troubling times in the kingdom indeed!

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 1