What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Tell me! Tell me now!

Last people talking were playing the indie AAA title about mental health, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and Harvest Moon for creeps and necrofiliacs, Graveyard Keeper. Discuss away!

Personally, I am playing World of WarCraft: Battle for Azeroth, but I'm a bit meh on it for now. First zone, Drustvar, was fantastic. Second zone, Tiragarde Sound, was a nightmare because of ridiculous mob density. So far enjoying the dungeons, not sold on Island Expeditions and burned out on World Quests.

Hellbalde:  Senua's Sacrifice.  I'm only at the very start, but I can attest that the graphics are stunning.  I've got everything cranked up to the max on it and it's breathtaking.  Also, while I'm too old to get excited of pixels, I actually think the main character has an interesting face that's somehow weirdly appealing.  The voices are an interesting touch.  Having just got off my Mental Health rotation, I got a laugh out of the whole "we used psychotic people in our design" schtick.  Still, the voices really are creepy.  The gameplay so far gives me the feeling combat will be clunky, but this is clearly a story based game.  I have hopes for something Tormentesque in its storytelling.  We'll see.  I'm just glad to have a few days to get into something.  I'll probably have to put it on hold halfway through, but even if that happens, I'll finish it eventually.  Last game I played was some sort of Edith Finch thing, but that was truly a walking sim and even the wife felt letdown by it.  Not a bad concept, but just a little to boring in execution.

Graveyard Keeper which is all kinds of awesome. It was free on Xbox Game Pass but I don't mind giving these guys my money at all. It is also a special treat that I can play the game on a 4K screen.

This will most likely end up being my GOTY 2018 but we'll see...

Graveyard Keeper which is all kinds of awesome. It was free on Xbox Game Pass but I don't mind giving these guys my money at all. It is also a special treat that I can play the game on a 4K screen.

This will most likely end up being my GOTY 2018 but we'll see...

Can’t wait to hear more of your impressions of the game. Seems pretty interesting from what I’ve seen of it.
Edited by TrueNeutral

Playing Battlefield 3 for the first time. It's a whole lot more fun compared to BF4.

I played a bit of Battlefield 1943 as well, a fun little game that plays like Bad Company.

Can’t wait to hear more of your impressions of the game. Seems pretty interesting from what I’ve seen of it.

Sure, but I'd say let it surprise you, go in fresh. I thought I'd be getting a Harvest Moon clone but this game has a whole lot of dialogue and dialogue options. It feels more like a story driven rpg. The atmosphere is also spot on, the looks, the characters, the jokes...

A love letter to anyone who is into SNES rpgs or creepy/grotesque games in general.

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Messing around with The Bard's Tale remaster.

No, scratch that. I intended to mess around a bit, rolled up a party and started to slowly make my way through Skara Brae. And lo and behold, 15 hours later I'm trudging through dungeons and grinding levels. Currently grinding my spellcasters up a bit after the first round of class changes.

The automapping is a great addition, as is being able to save without going back to the Adventurer's Guild, and the lessened XP curve for all classes is a godsend too.

All in all well worth its money. Well, it would have been, had I not gotten it through backing BT4. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Leveling professions is odd in BFA. Takes a lot of effort to produce stuff that isn't much use. Kind of redundant of my actual job, to be honest. Blizzard must really hate Engineering to treat it so.

Waiting for the honeymoon to end so I can enjoy the community whining about everything fron level scaling to leveling even being a concept

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finished the main plot of Fractured But Whole. On to Casa Bonita!

Apparently the stuff I unlock here can be used in future saves. That's a neat idea totally wasted on the game not really having any replayability.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Leveling professions is odd in BFA. Takes a lot of effort to produce stuff that isn't much use. Kind of redundant of my actual job, to be honest. Blizzard must really hate Engineering to treat it so.

Waiting for the honeymoon to end so I can enjoy the community whining about everything fron level scaling to leveling even being a concept

To be fair, this is completely broken. Once you hit max level, you're suddenly a cowering little child compared to even the most basic mob and if you're PvPing be ready for 115's to stomp your 120.

• Like 1

It has level scaling? And it's Fallout 3 levels of broken? Fantastic!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

To be fair, this is completely broken. Once you hit max level, you're suddenly a cowering little child compared to even the most basic mob and if you're PvPing be ready for 115's to stomp your 120.

Yep, 115 still has legendaries working.  I wish it to stay that way though, am enjoying 120s whining that they con't stomp 111s too much :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Space Hulk - Deathwing, the WH40K Vermintide.

Game certainly isn't perfect but it definitely doesn't seem as bad as it's (still) being made out to me. Then again, I haven't touched the multiplayer yet (just completed campaign chapter 8 ) so who knows. But the single player bots are passable, they certainly have given me less issues than those in Vermintide 1. I also like the somewhat slower pacing when compared to Vermintide.

But I have to say for the amount of armor the Deathwing are wearing they're kinda really squishy.

The UI also leaves something to be desired, I seem to be getting armor upgrades from the Campaign missions but I have no clue where to go to equip them... (maybe it's automatic?) Probably should Google that, but yeah, if basic stuff like that is hard to figure out you have a UX problem I'd think ;)

EDIT: that was not supposed to be a smiley...

Edited by marelooke

I finished chapter 3 in Phantom Doctrine.  While the difficulty has increased a bit, I definitely still feel that the game is too easy on normal difficulty, provided you're good at stealth.  Disguises, especially with the actor perk, are just way too powerful in this game.  The actor perk is the single most powerful upgrade you can get in this game, it's ridiculously OP. 

My hope is that hard difficulty is more than just more enemies or enemies with higher stats; I'd like to see maybe longer and/or wider vision cones and a change in the fundamental way characters react when you move from a restricted area to an unrestricted area, and vice versa.  Right now, an enemy can be looking right at you as you walk through a doorway from a restricted area to an unrestricted area and, because they can only see you when you are already in an unrestricted area, they don't get alerted and trigger combat, despite the fact that it's plainly obvious that you just left a restricted area.  I'd also like it if there was some kind of sound radius for takedowns.  Right now you can walk up to and knock out an enemy (or civilian, for that matter) that is standing adjacent to another enemy and, so long as neither your character not the enemy being knocked out are in a square in the vision cone of the other enemy(e.g. they are facing away from you), they don't notice you knocking out a person that was literally right next to them.  It would be cool if hard difficulty had a 2 or 3 square radius of noise around the victim being knocked out that any other character within that radius would hear the takedown taking place and trigger combat.  The rules of stealth in normal difficulty are just way too easy to exploit once you understand how they behave and provided that you have a bit of patience.

Anyway, despite my criticisms I am definitely enjoying the game.  It's a feather in the game's cap that I very much intend to replay it, provided that hard mode actually provides a challenge to a stealth focused player, like myself.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Finished up The Banner Saga 3 after replaying the other episodes. It was a good finish to the story and I like where the story went. But the final chapter felt a bit short I think, especially given that it's more expensive than the other episodes. And the actual ending really sucked, it really needed a more substantial "what happened afterwards" type of deal.

Still, if you're looking for something different, I would definitely give them try once a decent sale comes around.

Now I'm gonna replay Fallout 1.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Ironically, I play some not quite new coop games when feel like playing with friends (mostly Portal 2 and Saints Row 3) and when I feel like playing solo games, I play Guild Wars 2 (yes, an MMO, don't ask, I know it doesn't make sense) :grin:

We had so much fun completing coop Portal 2, I think I need to play the solo campaign too some day, never tried that, and frankly not sure it will be the same.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ironically, I play some not quite new coop games when feel like playing with friends (mostly Portal 2 and Saints Row 3) and when I feel like playing solo games, I play Guild Wars 2 (yes, an MMO, don't ask, I know it doesn't make sense) :grin:

Oh it absolutely does. I just took the 7 day subscription thingy for SWTOR for the sole reason of buying the new stronghold and decorating the shoit out of it.  :biggrin:

Edited by bugarup
  • Like 1

Tried a Mythic in WoW, that was painful.  Not sure if the gear messed me up or was just playing poorly.  Or could be both.   I guess I'll grind out a bit to get gear to compensate for my incompetence.  Holy Paladin healing seems ineffectual all things aside.

Started All Walls Must Fall.

First impressions are positive.

The combat is funny where you "log" it in the timeline once you are happy and watch the speeded up version. Reminds me of Frozen Synapse there.

In the dialogue you have to do some guessing and rewinding. And it is pure guessing "Who send you?" and you give random names a few times to see if one would get a reaction "Bogdan." "Get out of here." rewind "Who send you?" "Evgeny" "****, I hate that guy." rewind "Who send you?" "Mirko." "I don't want any trouble!" walk through door.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

PORTAL 2 IS A BUGGY MESS

haven't had to fix a game with console command since Skyrim

You didn't play Fallout 4? :p

Speaking of which, that's the other game I'm still "playing" (more like mucking about with mods). Tried to do a Vault build in the open landscape. The 10FPS I'm getting around that area tells me I'm pushing the engine to the breaking point...

Main reason I started another playthrough is Project Valkyrie, which is a mod that changes faction interaction and storylines by giving you a lot more options on how how to deal with everyone (including a few new factions). You're even supposedly able to make everyone live together happily ever after.

Technically I haven't had any issues with the mod yet. There's some storytelling niggles though which appear in big part related to them not wanting to restrict player freedom, usually related to my PC talking about people or events she can't know about at that point.  But given how I don't think anyone will run this on a first playthrough I wouldn't qualify it as a big deal.

The new characters (and there are quite a few) are also voice acted and have so far all been of good quality.