What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

So is this a technical complaint or one about the world crafted within the game? Either way, seems like something small and reminds me of something I would see in the "My gripe with dialogue wheels" thread. I don't see how it would ruin immersion for me, (personally). Lara is learning how to read the 3 ancient dialects on location but that doesn't mean she can't speak the primary one already (You don't have to read a language to speak it properly/fluently and intelligently).

It really isn't that much different from where I live in America (Spanish is the primary language, vast majority of population does not speak English but understand it perfectly). Yet, the Spanish seperations in dialects are very different on paper because each seperate community has it's own slang. For example, if you learned our specific dialect and crossed the border to Mexico, you would be able to talk to them but slang and shortcuts would be completely, they would look at you like you were from another planet. Additionally, different locales of Spanish learnt results in an accent that changes the sounding of words upon being spoken. In some cases you will better understand a frenchman on paper and spoken words than you will a person of own native language whose accent and slang were from a different region - same can be said for English. There's that widespread possibility creeping up on English-only speaking people who do not have the experience or knowledge to know the difference, which is excusable but this knowledge comes from being able to travel as well.

#SonicsSoundLogic

But back unto the game itself, so far so good, I think it's definitely much better than the first two games, it stands out enough to give me a totally different experience. I only played a bit because I'm still enjoying Spiderman - probably more than I should hehe

And I'm pretty sure that the lower metacritic score being exclusive to PS4 was obvious - it is only because Spiderman nabbed the attention.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

It wasn't intended as a "because of this, this game is craptastic".

It was meant as a general comment in the vein of "I like the idea behind it, but I don't think it worked in execution."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Started Frozen Synapse 2. Gameplay wise it is the same as the original with an added city map where you choose missions for factions and stop incursions (read: xcom alien attacks).

You now buy your vatforms. Set up multiple squads. Buy buildings and set up check points to control and defend the city.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

don't buy games on release unless their awsome like Skyrim and Dragon Quest XI

what else is new

I suppose this is where one such member would come in and say:

"Never trust someone who puts Skyrim and Dragon Quest in the same sentence"

Or

"Never trust someone who can't tell the difference of their and they're and use capitalization. hurhur"

Where is that person anyway? The one who always finds something to argue about, forgot his name. He disappeared right before I became a member. Hmmm...

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

don't buy games on release unless their awsome like Skyrim and Dragon Quest XI

what else is new

I suppose this is where one such member would come in and say:

"Never trust someone who puts Skyrim and Dragon Quest in the same sentence"

Or

"Never trust someone who can't tell the difference of their and they're and use capitalization. hurhur"

Where is that person anyway? The one who always finds something to argue about, forgot his name. He disappeared right before I became a member. Hmmm...

Maybe you're off your medication.

Still killing tonnes of Somalis in Delta Force BHD.  Man, wonder how they got so mauled up in the Battle of Mogadishu with such supermen :lol:  But does scratch the itch to shoot something as Overwatch has become too tedious (and I'm 1100 or so due to family induced match abandoning)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Maybe you're off your medication

I'm assuming you actually remembered to take yours for once though?

Edit:

Anyway, about 75% through Spider-Man PS4, done for the night. Will be back at it tomorrow. Doesn't seem like it will be too much of a problem to 100% but I've spent all my base tokens on crafted gear and I'm wondering if there will be more base takeover missions soon so I can unlock the very last suit.

Just as the combat, the stealth and how it works is very similar to Arkham series as well as the Middle Earth series.

Edited by SonicMage117

Finished up Lonesome Road.

Probably the DLC for New Vegas that I'm the most torn about. Interestingly enough, even though it's a linear... well, road, I think it's the DLC that has the most fun exploration. I think the areas are so good in the post-apocalyptic feel that it's just a joy to run around in them. The atmosphere is excellent.

I also enjoy the combat in it, which is pretty unique for me in terms of the newer Fallouts. Even though there are some cheap shots (having enemies spawning behind you and stuff) I find that the combat is deadly enough that I really take my time creeping through it. Makes it much more enjoyable.

Ulysses is... well. He's interesting in a way, but I think the whole "give the courier a history" failed pretty bad and just managed to break the whole thing that the NV thing that the Courier really was a blank slate, except that he had just taken the job to deliver the chip. It doesn't work very well. And Ulysses is... interesting, but there's so much rambling, so much obscure wordplay that the character just comes off as annoying a lot of the time. A shame because I think the voiceactor is excellent.

Also, while Lonesome Road kinda goes for the whole hardcore feel, if you explore a bit you will find so much loot that it's just silly.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

For me, Honest Hearts is still the best DLC, despite the plenty flaws. I'd probably put Lonesome Road as second, even though it's the one I've only finished twice or so.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Honest Hearts was the one that impressed me the least when I first played it. But now, it's also my favorite of the DLCs. I think it's the most fun to replay, and the characters are great. Dead Money is my second, Lonesome Road third and Old World Blues fourth.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm assuming you actually remembered to take yours for once though?

Come now, meshback, you can do better than that, surely.

Beginning to see why everyone says the DF series has some terrible AI, stood in front of one enemy and he didn't engage. Oddly reminiscent of Op Flashpoint Red River

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Come now, meshback, you can do better than that, surely.

Meshback eh?

Finally just started chapter 4 of Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition today. 

-

Using Ifan Ben-Mezd as my main character (Ifan wields a axe and shield).

The companions I kept in my party are below ;

Red Prince (sword and shield), Beast (duel wielding maces) and Sebille (bow).

-

Also been playing a little of Rebel Galaxy off and on.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I finally have the 2 component demons in SMT Liberation Dx2 that I need to fuse my precious Susano-o, and it will be a purple Susano-o to boot. In this game demons come in several archetypes: Common (white), Aragami (red), Elementalist (green), Protector (yellow), and Psychic (purple). Every demon gets an extra skill called an Awaken skill because you need to "awaken" it by spending some of the 100 different in-game currencies before you can use it. The archetype determines the type of skill you get: Aragami is an attack, Protector is a heal or defensive buff, etc.

Anyway, the skill you get for a purple Susano-o is Merciless Blow, which gives +20% damage when you attack a weakness. The great thing about Susano-o is that he has Assassin, a passive that gives +10% to single target damage, plus both a very powerful single target physical attack and a very powerful single target magical (force) attack. Single target is king in this game IMHO. Normally, in this situation with other demons, you would have to make a decision whether to build them for phys or magic damage, but Susano-o's force attack uses phys attack for determining damage rather than the usual mag attack, so you can just build him for purely phys attack and it strengthens both your phys and your force attack. For my 2 open skill slots I'll add Phys Boost (+15% phys attack) and either Null Fire or Drain Fire, to address Susano-o's one weakness. Just one thing stands in my way...

It costs an insane amount of Magnetite (one of the 100 in-game currencies) to fuse an elite tier. This is where the game's paywall comes in. It will take a massive amount of time to grind that much mag. In fairness to the game, you don't need elite tier demons to finish the main story, you can do it fine with high tier demons evolved to 5 star and max level, and you can do that without excessive grinding. To go deep in the optional Aura Gate dungeon, though, you DO need elite tier demons. This is akin to trying to defeat optional super bosses or super dungeons in other jRPGs and those generally require massive grind investment even in non-f2p games.

Anyway, I've only spent $8 on the game so far and I've gotten dozens upon dozens of hours of fun with it, so I'll probably give them another $25 or 30. That seems like fair compensation. Some of that will help me get my Susano-o a bit faster.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Played some Total War - Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai yesterday. It's quite fun actually, but I finished the main campaign objective in 6 hours and I've never played Shogun (2) before.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Played some Total War - Shogun 2 - Fall of the Samurai yesterday. It's quite fun actually, but I finished the main campaign objective in 6 hours and I've never played Shogun (2) before.

Its a very easy game, but fun too. There was a lot of grousing over lack of unit variety, but combat AI is so pitiful anyhow it can't utilize variety.

Somehow I missed out on the fact that The Long Dark has a nice story campaign now. I'm playing through it and it is a really nice experience. I enjoyed it as a little survival sim back when I bought it, but having a reason to live is nice. 

• Like 1

Its a very easy game, but fun too. There was a lot of grousing over lack of unit variety, but combat AI is so pitiful anyhow it can't utilize variety.

AI felt pretty normal for a Total War game. :D What causes me most trouble now is the constant harassment over endless rebels and enemy spy attacks. So annoying.

Anyway, as someone who has exactly zero knowledge of Japanese history, I felt a bit confused... So apparently this is what happened: Civil war, Shogun rises, 200 years of lockdown and more or less peace. Then westerners arrive and force Japan to open up. The Shogun agrees... but now some people are pissed and want to remove the Shogun to get the Emperor back... and they do so with allying to the westerners??? Do they realize the irony in this or did I misunderstood something?

Somehow I missed out on the fact that The Long Dark has a nice story campaign now. I'm playing through it and it is a really nice experience. I enjoyed it as a little survival sim back when I bought it, but having a reason to live is nice. 

Thanks for the heads up. This makes me wanna continue this Canadian desolation bonanza some day. I just recall that I almost died to a wolf straight away, I had to bolt back into that car.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

AI felt pretty normal for a Total War game. :D What causes me most trouble now is the constant harassment over endless rebels and enemy spy attacks. So annoying.
That it is *sigh*

Anyway, as someone who has exactly zero knowledge of Japanese history, I felt a bit confused... So apparently this is what happened: Civil war, Shogun rises, 200 years of lockdown and more or less peace. Then westerners arrive and force Japan to open up. The Shogun agrees... but now some people are pissed and want to remove the Shogun to get the Emperor back... and they do so with allying to the westerners??? Do they realize the irony in this or did I misunderstood something?

The shogun didn't have a choice, the US aimed a canon at his head and asked to come in politely. XD

If you get the time, here's the Meiji Restoration in a nutshell: https://youtu.be/oIiCsR9rZS8