What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

That's pretty awesome.

Is that 94 mode like NHL Faceoff on PS1? My last hockey game was NHL 15 on PS4 but I like it. I usually buy one at the start of every gen because the franchise gets a complete overhaul for the new gen.

I really wish NHL Hitz and NFL Blitz would come back. Who kade those? Midway? I'm not one to be nostalgic, as you guys probably know by now but damn, Midway games from PS1 to Dreamcast era were freakin phenomenal whether sports games, boxing or racing games. Hell Hydro Thunder, Spy Hunter and San Francisco Rush 2049 need reboots as well.

I've said too much goodness, what else is new?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think I enjoy traversing the open world city in Spider-Man more than I did in the Batman games.  Spidey being able to swing from buildings is fun traveling.

Still getting used to the controls.  I still can't get the knack of melee combat, so I find myself using the web shooter a lot to tie enemies up before hitting them.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Don't worry, you'll unlock new gadgets that will make combat more accessible and on top of that combining that with suit powers and suit upgrades :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

This time it's going far better x)

He kept rolling Luck, Dex and Int on level up, but I don't complain. It's useful.

Almost done with first dungeon, as well. 

Now might be a good time to train a monk or a hunter instead of one of the warriors. :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

This time it's going far better x)

He kept rolling Luck, Dex and Int on level up, but I don't complain. It's useful.

Almost done with first dungeon, as well. 

Now might be a good time to train a monk or a hunter instead of one of the warriors. :)

Yeah, I hear ya. I think I'd rather have a monk. So should I swap out warrior number 2--a half orc? Main tank feels ok with decent luck and dex, but hey, what do I know. 

Also, my conjuror kept rolling things other than Int, so he kind of end up in a bad spot with spell points. Should I roll another one?

Also, also, the game told me in a note that I should try my hardest to make an Arch-mage... what does that mean?

And thanks for the tips. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Yeah, I hear ya. I think I'd rather have a monk. So should I swap out warrior number 2--a half orc? Main tank feels ok with decent luck and dex, but hey, what do I know. 

Also, my conjuror kept rolling things other than Int, so he kind of end up in a bad spot with spell points. Should I roll another one?

Also, also, the game told me in a note that I should try my hardest to make an Arch-mage... what does that mean?

And thanks for the tips.

In the first Bard's Tale an arch mage is a caster who mastered all four spellcasting classes. When you go to the review board your casters can change classes. You should do that whenever you hit character level 13 with your current spellcasting class and learned level 7 (the highest level) spells because there is no going back.

Then you go the review board, learn everything and go to change class and have your magician and your conjurer turn into a sorceror. You'll be reset to level 1 but keep your current spell and hitpoints as well as all the spells you've learned up until then. Also please note that changing classes resets your experience to zero so if you're close to getting level 14 you might want to get that level up before switching classes.

That also means you shouldn't worry about spell points too much. Your casters are going to level up much more than everyone else. By the time you're done with the next dungeon they'll be fielding 200+ points each.

• Like 1

You can manually assign skill points on Spider-Man PS4, if you want to be more stealth based Spidey, you can, if you want to be a tank, you can do that as well. Since there isn't a party (Thank God!) you can max your level and earn all skills in the skill tree if you play long enough that is. I took my time with the game, got the platinum for it.

Gah, looks like I won't be able to transfer Null Fire or Drain Fire to Susano-o once I fuse him. You can only transfer skills if another demon (which you sacrifice in the process) has that skill in a transfer slot and Resist Fire is the best I can get to the best of my knowledge. Oh well, it still shores up the weakness. All that is a moot point until I grind the 3 million magnetite I need to do the fusion. By my estimation it could take close to a month.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You cant manually assign skill points? Its randomly determined by the game at level up?

Were you talking about the original Bard's Tale? Because that game has no skill points at all, you just get random stat increases as level up - par for the course for RPGs of the time. ;)

• Like 1

Star Control: Origins...

Just came out today, $40.00. Getting insanely good reviews. Safe to say, the best damn space rpg to become avail in years.

Just came out today, $40.00. Getting insanely good reviews. Safe to say, the best damn space rpg to become avail in years.

"Insanely good reviews"? It's a 6 for Gamespot and a 6.9 for IGN. 4.5/5 for "Windows Central", whoever they are. I don't give a crap about reviews, but that looks more like mixed than "good" to me. If you mean Steam reviews, it has a grand total of 17 as of the writing of this post. Weren't you saying that so few reviews aren't reliable?

I'm somewhat torn about the game myself. I want it to be great (Star Control was my first PC game), but I don't really feel like giving money to Brad Wardell.

Edited by 213374U
  • Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

"Insanely good reviews"? It's a 6 for Gamespot and a 6.9 for IGN. 4.5/5 for "Windows Central", whoever they are. I don't give a crap about reviews, but that looks more like mixed than "good" to me. If you mean Steam reviews, it has a grand total of 17 as of the writing of this post. Weren't you saying that so few reviews aren't reliable?

I'm somewhat torn about the game myself. I want it to be great (Star Control was my first PC game), but I don't really feel like giving money to Brad Wardell.

To be honest, I trust Steam reviewers over any forums or major reviewing website. Except when it comes to Crpg's and Jrpg's, in which it can be a horrible game and we'll still see positive reviews in a desperate attempt to support the genre or get more of those types of game onto Steam. But yes, indees, I've never let reviewers influence my buy and deem them only valid to do so if it's a buggy mess. Edited by SonicMage117

I bought the beta access to star control last year.

They didn't give access until a couple of weeks before steam early access. Basically they announced earlier was coming and quickly handed everyone access to the melee client.

Of course EA customers also got a discount. Felt cheated and have written Stardock off as a developer.

That said, started the single player campaign today and it is good. At least the early bit. Very reminiscent of the feeling of SC2.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

By my estimation it could take close to a month.

You sir, are a pillar of iron. Its unheard of in todays day and age to work that long for an upgrade. :p

I've been playing jRPGs since the 80s, I'm no stranger to intense grinding.  :wowey:  It helps that the game has an auto-play feature where the game literally plays itself.  Of course, the best magnetite farming is in the Aura Gate dungeon and you can't auto play that.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A couple of these challenges in Spider-Man confuse me how to pull off.  The one where you run along the wall, then use a slignshot around the corner only works like 10% of the time.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

"Restaurant Empire". Have to say, it's real fun to run taverns as a RPG player. A chef skilled up some recipe to 100%? Remove it from the carte and add something he's terrible at so that he pumps that skill too. Need to win a soup competition but all my chefs suck at soups? One restaurant sells only the most minmaxed dishes to generate profit as another offers nothing but 2 soups for half a year until the chef gets enough XP to pass, customers complaints be damned -- you will eat your two soups, berks, and you will like them!  :fdevil:

Anyway. Mayhap I'll run my empire to the corner some day, but so far so good, RPG methods are working.  :biggrin:

The one (big) edge the Arkham games have over Spider-Man is the side content.  I'm noticing that it's basically main story missions that focus on the "name" characters Spidey faces, with the occasional side quest, and some random crime fighting things.  Batman seemed to have to take on more of his "name" enemies within the game.

• Like 1

True.

Spider-Man only has a handful of the big time villains while Arkham Knight has like around 30 well known villains or so.