RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - FREE WHITE HOUSE MONTAGE

Blarghagh

Isn't there a 40k ARPG somewhere on the horizon? 

If you're talking about Martyr; it is good enough but far from a complete game. I can't say I regret it but It has not impressed yet.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Romances confirmed. :yes:

Ive never played Pathfinder, and I probably wouldn't be interested in a card game, but in cRPG form it looks like something I might pick up.

Pathfinder is principally a re-branding and an upgrade of DnD 3.5 rules. Literally the same generic PnP universe.

At least that's how it started,  I don't know how many other products they have now.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It was weird that nobody did crpg with pathfinder, even if dnd was moderate succesful. Even Vampire Masquarade and Shadowrun had some success (as crpg from pnp rpg).

Other universe is Warhammer 40k, which deserves proper crpg. Current situation is heresy.

cRPG's are an investment several orders of magnitude greater than any physical gaming product, without a good promise of return.

You would think that a Warhammer 40K strategy game would be a sure seller but Relic recently gave up on DoW3 support because of a lack of interest.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

This is how Titan Quest looks/plays like on the PS4:

Also, hooray for Red Faction: Guerrilla RaMARStered:

...the only version of mars I truly adore. 

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

cRPG's are an investment several orders of magnitude greater than any physical gaming product, without a good promise of return.

You would think that a Warhammer 40K strategy game would be a sure seller but Relic recently gave up on DoW3 support because of a lack of interest.

RTS is dead due to the MOBA, sadly. Would be nice to have a 40k version of Arma :D

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You can always play Firewarrior

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

• Like 2

RTS is dead due to the MOBA, sadly. Would be nice to have a 40k version of Arma :D

I hope RTSs make a come back. I'm worried though that AoE4 won't do well. Basically SC3 is the next RTS I expect to perform well at all and that's probably still 10 years off if it ever happens.

I haven't played DoW3 but I was under the impression that Relic tanked their own game by pushing a bit too hard with the esports-friendly, moba-like angle, thus alienating the actual RTS fans they still had. Wasn't DoW2 MP fairly popular a few years ago?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

DoW2 wasn't exactly a straight up RTS either.

I thought DoW2 was quite fun. Liked most of the campaigns, even if they were a tad simple. DoW3 sparked like no interest in me at all.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

For me DoW was a cookie cuter RTS, at the time when there were so many RTSs on the market it didn't really stand out with its gameplay. DoW2 was fun. DoW3 I haven't tried.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

I haven't played DoW3 but I was under the impression that Relic tanked their own game by pushing a bit too hard with the esports-friendly, moba-like angle, thus alienating the actual RTS fans they still had. Wasn't DoW2 MP fairly popular a few years ago?

They tried to take the best parts of DoW1 and DoW2 only to discover that the audience is simply not there anymore.

I don't think DoW3 pushed e-sports or moba mechanics any more than DoW2 had.

CD Projekt origins video.

I'm so happy that Baldur's Gate "made them" and probably played no small part in steering them toward eventually developing the Witcher. 

I'm so happy that Baldur's Gate "made them" and probably played no small part in steering them toward eventually developing the Witcher.

You win some you lose some, we got CD Projekt and lost Bioware.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

You win some you lose some, we got CD Projekt and lost Bioware.

It's the way of the world. A small team full of heart makes a couple exceptional products then gets bought out by a big company which gives them more funding, but aldo eventually sucks all the life out of them. In the case of CDPR, they actually became the big company themselves (they own GOG) so maybe it will be longer before they lose their soul completely, since they have no one over them (except shareholders). Eventually, they will succomb to the soulless ways of big business, but other small companies will step up.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Except that's not how it went. Bioware was not a small company before EA bought them. After being bought they made Mass Effect, which was extremely successful series. So was Dragon Age. I never liked either but they're undeniably a step up from KOTOR and Jade Empire, or at the very least, on par. Bioware had a good run under EA. After that it simply failed to repeat the successes it had before, some of which can be leveled at the publisher, but the mistakes of the latter period are consistent enough to not just be the result of tight schedules and pushiness. 

DA3 is the proof. The game was relatively well received and mostly successful, but it was actually a sign that they were out of truly good ideas and what innovation there was went in a rather poor direction. 

Andromeda drove that point home. They banked on an idea that was technologically unfeasible (as it turned out) and mismanaged the rest. EA shares some of the blame, but really, it was Bioware's mess.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor