Genuine apology for my actions yesterday

kirottu

As you all have surely noticed, my posts usually are carefully thought out, evidence based, adhere to quantum fluctuations, and go through lengthy quality assurance period. But yesterday I had a lapse in my quality. For that I am truly and deeply sorry. 

I do feel the need to mention I would have made this thread even without the written warning I got from the moderation team. Yesterday I already got the strongest warning ever, the warning from my heart.

What had happened was I was searching for Feargus’ top ten answers thread, which he never finished, and I would have posted something along the lines of ”Dude, I’m not saying never finishing your top ten answers on your very own forums is bad, but...” Ah, this glorious wit of mine is truly a gift for all humankind. But I couldn’t! Fionavar in his slithering evilness had closed the thread in a violent fit of censorship. I got so very depressed I merely did ”gaming with other people” when I already had done "gaming"

It was cheap. It was lazy. It was spam. And it didn’t reach the high standards I have set for my posts. I am genuinely sorry.

In conclusion: Dudes and dudettes, I’m not saying spamming isn't bad for you, but have you heard Hocus Pocus by Focus?

• Like 11

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I actually have not. Somehow, I have resisted clicking on it about the 13 times or so you've posted it so far. Gotta stay strong...

• Like 6

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's a good song; I appreciated hearing it again when I first saw it in the music thread. Then again... and again? And AGAIN???

The odd part was that there was no apparent rhyme or reason for the spam, it just was.

Legend goes there are forum members who are still acting out in protest years after a slight. I think I could only handle 3 years of Hocus Pocus, at least it ended before I had to worry about my own sanity.

Never heard of Focus but that was freaking awesome! :)

It's a damn good band. There used to be a time back in the 70s when Jan Akkerman was commonly thought on par with Hendrix, so I've read. It worth tracking down Focus 3 and Hamburger Concerto from them, as well as Focus 2 which obviously has that gem on it (though, personally, I don't think the rest of the album is nearly as good - still fine though).

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I actually have not. Somehow, I have resisted clicking on it about the 13 times or so you've posted it so far. Gotta stay strong...

This was my approach until this very thread.  But once I clicked on it, I realized that I knew this song, that I thought it was really cool when I was a much younger dude, but I never actually learned the name/artist until today.  So all this kirottu spamming nonsense actually turned into a worthwhile learning experience for me.  *themoreyouknow.gif*

• Like 2

Ok, I gave in and finally clicked the video. My first reaction was, what kind of drugs are causing this? Then I remembered it's the 70s, so I guess the answer is every drug.

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Come on man, everyone who is cool is doing it. Do it. Doo it.

Just do it, man. Don't you want to be cool?

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Apology accepted but probably unnecessary. I can't tell you how many people here state their opinions without anything backing them up, and placing those assumptions as fact. That has somehow become the toxicity of the political forums too.

Earlier this year I was told by a couple members (from here) that forums are supposed to be drama, forums are basically made for arguing and it doesn't matter how ill one looks, they should argue even if they don't have evidence to back up their statements.

It's most important to remind yourself that you don't actually know these people, even if you have been on these forums for years. I mean, you get to know pieces of them but since we don't know anyone here in real life, it's different from conversating with people IRL.

So don't beat yourself up too bad, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I was wondering what the hell you were doing with those vids as I had no idea why you were doing it.  Now I... still don't know why you were doing it, I don't understand what this thread is about, and I am scared and confused about everything.  So in summary, no change from normal.

Edited by FlintlockJazz

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

My father listened to that album when I was young, remember really disliking it, so I'm pretty certain that I will still dislike it. So I'll pass, thank you though :)

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken