RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS - 'NON-FAKE-NEWS EDITION'

Rosbjerg

I actually enjoyed ME3 until the ending happened. Does it make much sense? Nope. Is it a great RPG? Nope. Still, had fun with it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What I disliked about ME3 were the side-quests. You're just passing by and minding your own business and suddenly some character spouts out a few lines and a new side-quest is automatically added to your journal. Sometimes I didn't even get to see who gave me the side-quest, leaving me scratching my head and looking all over the galaxy for the dude/gal who gave me the quest. 

What I liked about it was their co-operation with DICE in order to get better sounds for the weapons, something I wish Rockstar would do, because there ain't a single GTA game out there where the guns don't sound like a water pistol. The Saints Row series on the other hand always got this right, the guns simply sound bad ass, especially in Saints Row 2. 

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Heh, that Shadow's Kiss vampire/supernatural mmo kickstarter is down to it's last 30 hours. Apparently they've been working on it for 2 years and were seeking extra funding to take it across the finish line.  So far they've had 740 pledges and raised just a pip over $70,000. 

I'll admit, I decided to throw in a small bit on the offchance it might turn out interesting. I have a hankering for something to satisfy my old VtM Bloodline desires.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Holy ****, they have released a new Total War: Rome 2 DLC! Bought it on the go, no questions asked. Wonder what was driving them to this decision.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Holy ****, they have released a new Total War: Rome 2 DLC! Bought it on the go, no questions asked. Wonder what was driving them to this decision.

They stated in their live Twitch, that it was due to a large number of still active players - and wanting to add things they had to remove or couldn't implent in the original release.

Fortune favors the bald.

It's awesome. I still haven't bothered with Attila, because for some reason it's 100% unattractive to me. Maybe because I felt kinda ripped off when it was announced, as I feel like the features it provided could have been in a new Rome 2 expansion or something. I dunno.. in any case, I'm happy there is more Rome 2 DLC and I sure as hell won't mind if there will be even more.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

Rome II landed really half-baked, especially compared to their tour de force Shogun II. The mentioned maybe a month back that something for Rome II was coming.

But they also have a brand new flagship era in the works, which I'm really looking forward to seeing.

Speaking of Total War, does anyone else feel like that series is evolving as two separate games at the same time. You have the over map, then you have the manual battles. Of course you can auto-resolve battles which I see a lot of streamers do. So on one hand it's this sort of class-of-it's-own styled 4x game, and on the other had a classical large army simulator. Both halves I think suffer at the hand of the other, but it does leave for a quite rewarding experience in it's own right.

After their fantastic efforts with Alien: Isolation, I'm half interested in them creating stand-alone large army simulator that better rounded out that half of the game. Once they've got those systems invested in, they could pull back and start building back up the strategic over map gameplay. As of now I love the strategy, but diving down into the battles becomes a little more disappointing with every chance. No doubt why many just auto-resolve entirely.

It reminds me of those jrpgs, where the game design is so set in it's ways that they just let you skip the whole game part because they haven't bothered to actually make it worthy in it's own right. Total War is one of the great strategy series, but I think it could really stand to be revolutionized.

• Like 1

RATCHET AND CLANK REMASTERED COLLECTION COMING TO PS4 NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! woot woot heehee

• Like 4

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

RATCHET AND CLANK REMASTERED COLLECTION COMING TO PS4 NEXT WEEK!!!!!!! woot woot heehee

Incredible news! Jak too I saw.

Now that all the consoles are on x86, that means these should now be preserved in the Sony catalog going forward. Finally!

Now they just need to save the God of War games.

• Like 1

Speaking of Total War, does anyone else feel like that series is evolving as two separate games at the same time. You have the over map, then you have the manual battles. Of course you can auto-resolve battles which I see a lot of streamers do. So on one hand it's this sort of class-of-it's-own styled 4x game, and on the other had a classical large army simulator. Both halves I think suffer at the hand of the other, but it does leave for a quite rewarding experience in it's own right.

After their fantastic efforts with Alien: Isolation, I'm half interested in them creating stand-alone large army simulator that better rounded out that half of the game. Once they've got those systems invested in, they could pull back and start building back up the strategic over map gameplay. As of now I love the strategy, but diving down into the battles becomes a little more disappointing with every chance. No doubt why many just auto-resolve entirely.

It reminds me of those jrpgs, where the game design is so set in it's ways that they just let you skip the whole game part because they haven't bothered to actually make it worthy in it's own right. Total War is one of the great strategy series, but I think it could really stand to be revolutionized.

The whole RTS segment is why I've never played a Total War game, despite being well aware by now that it's technically skippable. It's a matter of perception I guess, I don't know how much depth the game would actually have if you only use about half of its functionality. Dragon Commander was the same, a kind of neat illustration of how adding a perfunctory feature to a game can end up taking away from it as a whole.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The whole RTS segment is why I've never played a Total War game, despite being well aware by now that it's technically skippable. It's a matter of perception I guess, I don't know how much depth the game would actually have if you only use about half of its functionality. Dragon Commander was the same, a kind of neat illustration of how adding a perfunctory feature to a game can end up taking away from it as a whole.

And I quite like it in TW: Warhammer. It remindes me HOMAM, I would like more depth on world map and I am glad they are adding on it with second title in series, hope they will deepen it in next instalment as well

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm just glad the AI isn't totally blind to flanking attempts like it was in Rome 1. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:lol:

Is Xenoblade Chronicles 2 too ambitious for Switch's mobile mode? (Eurogamer.net)

Oh well, one more reason for me to delay a Nintendo Switch purchase. 

But doesn't Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have Kos-Mos in it?!

I've avoided Xenoblade all this time, but the Xeno fanboy in me is getting his butt kicked.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357738/ubisoft-offers-assassins-creed-iv-and-world-in-conflict-for

World in Conflict for free, and some AssCreed game as well.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Imagine Trine, Gauntlet and Magicka all jumbled into one and you get the ideal here.

• Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...