RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Yakuza Kiwami new trailer

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah Saints Row learned a lot from Yakuza :-P

• Like 1

Outcast: Second Contact has been confimed and released a trailer

Will be released on PC/XB1/PS4. Console versions will likely run at 30fps from the looks of it. Game will probably cost around $29.99-39.99 as it is a higher budget indie project. Will be released this year, don't think there is a month or exact day of ETA yet.

Welcome back to Okansakaar!!

Get ready for this year's most realistic and immersive sxi-fi rpg experience :)

Reminds me of Obsidian's Kotor 2 tbh. Not a bad thing but we'll see hehe

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The first Outcast is one of my very favourite games of all time (of all time!) and has the best soundtrack. Unless it's a complete turkey I'll definitely be getting the sequel.

It's not a sequel though, it's a HD remaster.

Good old Outcast. Back then I was one of the few guys at school who actually had a computer able to run that game in its full glory and it was gorgeous.

It's a bit of a shame the remaster is the same game in a standard 3D engine. Might have been nice to see the game running in something else than 512x384 (or 1024x786 with the later high-res mod).

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Tooth and Tail hasn't been talked about here but it should be because it's a strategy rpg with realtime rts combat!

Lead an army of flame-throwing boars, mustard gas-lobbing Skunks, and paratrooper-puking Owls. Tooth and Tail is a Real-Time-Strategy game featuring Single Player, Online Competitive Play, Split Screen, Replays, and more. Build a base, lead your army, eat your enemies!

Yes, I know "Strategy Rpg's are boring", "Rts games are boring", "What makes this game any different original or unique?" Well... in short, EVERYTHING!

Pre-order now for only $19.99 to secure your digital copy today! :D

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Tooth and Tail hasn't been talked about here but it should be because it's a strategy rpg with realtime rts combat!

Lead an army of flame-throwing boars, mustard gas-lobbing Skunks, and paratrooper-puking Owls. Tooth and Tail is a Real-Time-Strategy game featuring Single Player, Online Competitive Play, Split Screen, Replays, and more. Build a base, lead your army, eat your enemies!

Yes, I know "Strategy Rpg's are boring", "Rts games are boring", "What makes this game any different original or unique?" Well... in short, EVERYTHING!

Pre-order now for only $19.99 to secure your digital copy today! :D

That's why I'm not talking about it. It sounded fun at first, but I can't play RTS games.

yeah, same, I've become disenchanted with RTS games. they're mostly about resource management and tactics rather than strategy (with notable exceptions, like the Total War game). and if I wanted tactics I'd play a team-based shooter or a TB game.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I have nothing against RTS I'm just complete and utter **** at it.  I can't do large amounts of micromanagement in real-time to save my life.  I'm a slow paced gamer to begin with, I like to take my time and think things through from multiple different angles, hence why I generally prefer turn-based (both for strategy and RPGs).

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

yeah, same, I've become disenchanted with RTS games. they're mostly about resource management and tactics rather than strategy (with notable exceptions, like the Total War game). and if I wanted tactics I'd play a team-based shooter or a TB game.

TW's meat is tactics though, no ? Shame MOBAs exist, kind of sucked the life from the genre. We'll never get a SupCom game again

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

TW's meat is tactics though, no ?

depends on how you chose to play it, I guess. when playing Shogun or Medieval I would always find myself skipping combat in favor of doing more stuff on the map screen, finding diplomatic solutions and moving my armies around.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So I played the open beta of this and it was...okay.  Not worth $25 as far as I'm concerned, but not completely terrible.  It's more Harry Potter/fantasy Ark than anything else.

• Like 1

Pyre is getting phenomenonal reviews, can't say I expected any less. Supergiant does it again - creating an original world unlike anything done before.

Nba Jam type gameplay with a neo-fantasy theme, sprinkles of rpg mechanics and cartoony visuals. I'll be playing it tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Played this in Japanese already. Honestly, everything that it does, Yakuza Zero does better. There's no reason to buy both unless you're a major fan of the series.

I have nothing against RTS I'm just complete and utter **** at it.  I can't do large amounts of micromanagement in real-time to save my life.  I'm a slow paced gamer to begin with, I like to take my time and think things through from multiple different angles, hence why I generally prefer turn-based (both for strategy and RPGs).

RTS against other players is a pressure cooker, but I enjoy the campaigns etc. against the computer. There's more time to relax, play with units etc. I wish there was a new RTS with an awesome campaign a la Warcraft 2 or Starcraft 1 (You know, when the writing was still good). 

Edited by Heijoushin

Pre-purchased and ready to play. 12 more hours :D

Ah, looks like Supergiant has gone the way of quirky audio. Too bad.

I'm just glad this one isn't turn -based. The audio is fine. The game is a huge improvement over Transistor.

(Coming from someone who loves Transitor and turn-based combat).

Edited by SonicMage117

Played this in Japanese already. Honestly, everything that it does, Yakuza Zero does better. There's no reason to buy both unless you're a major fan of the series.

I have nothing against RTS I'm just complete and utter **** at it. I can't do large amounts of micromanagement in real-time to save my life. I'm a slow paced gamer to begin with, I like to take my time and think things through from multiple different angles, hence why I generally prefer turn-based (both for strategy and RPGs).

RTS against other players is a pressure cooker, but I enjoy the campaigns etc. against the computer. There's more time to relax, play with units etc. I wish there was a new RTS with an awesome campaign a la Warcraft 2 or Starcraft 1 (You know, when the writing was still good).

Isn't Kiwami remake of Yakuza 1 on PS2? I've never played PS2 titles, but enjoyed all Yakuza, I've played so far.

I have nothing against RTS I'm just complete and utter **** at it. I can't do large amounts of micromanagement in real-time to save my life. I'm a slow paced gamer to begin with, I like to take my time and think things through from multiple different angles, hence why I generally prefer turn-based (both for strategy and RPGs).

Isn't Kiwami remake of Yakuza 1 on PS2? I've never played PS2 titles, but enjoyed all Yakuza, I've played so far.

Yeah, it's a remake of the first game.

do someone here plays Dwarf Fortress?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"