What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

You can't live without Nier: Automata, Sonic.

Ohhh Nice! I didn't know Nier was by them. I want that one, yes! I just have to be patient lol

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Trying out the Dawn of War 3 beta. Unfortunately Relic made the rather insane misstep of not including skirmish AI, so if you want to get a feel for the game I'd recommend getting like-minded friends into a private match to try stuff out.

I also didn't find a sensible way of just matching myself against a friend - you can only form a party and go against other random people. Which is bizarre.

You can create a private match on a 1v1 match with you buddy, which was how I dipped my toes into it when I first launched the game.

How is the game, otherwise?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I find it rather interesting, however I find the large amount of effects rather hard to keep track of the larger battles. I frankly don't get the MOBA comparisons since I find this little different from something like Warcraft 3 (then again, Warcraft 3 _did_ give us MOBAs). I just hope that the control point mode that was the fair of previous Relic RTSes does make it in however.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

NWN. Speciifcally the OC. Still better than most modern games despite some heavy flaws (FU trapped and locked chests for 1 gold LMAO). Ammature hour that. :p Still, I'll suffer that for the snow globe which is superior than ANYTHING in the Twitcher or ME 3 or 4 or PE.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

All right, I can't seem to enjoy Bayonetta at all. I usually love Platinum games and this is regarded as their best one, but TBH I vastly prefer Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

And that's because I'm... Kinda bored by Bayonetta. I may be wrong of course, but to me, combat in Bayonetta seems entirely reliant on combos and QTEs. QTEs I don't like because they're, well, QTEs and I've never been a massive fan of fighting games, so having to memorize a number of precise button combinations for distinct situations just doesn't gel particularly well with me.

What I really loved about Metal Gear Rising was that the entire game had a relatively simple set of core moves and mechanics that left player with a ton of room for improvement, and combo system was then placed on top of all that. The system was simple, elegant, yet fairly hard to master.

While i love MGR as much as Bayonetta, not as much as Vanquish of course, i really don't see how you could describe MGR system as simple or elegant when comparing to Bayonetta. It seems like you consider the games to be each in its own genre as well.  So did you forget about MGR QTEs or do you like those?

On my side, i can't seem to get back into Nier right now. If combat had more moves/button combos... i do wonder. But Nier, as i've been told repeatedly is about the story, which isn't captivating me at the beginning where i believe i left it.(

i last beat the first boss that's not in the tutorial. the born machine dude. :D

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I "solved" the murder in Thimbleweed Park and moved on to part 4 of the game.  I feel like I'm not quite near the finish line but definitely more than halfway done with the game.  The game just keeps getting more and more interesting.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I don't know what it is, but I just can't get around to replaying Mass Effect Andromeda.  I think the story and quests were just so vanilla that I can't be bothered to slog through it again.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Shame Anna Maria seems to be not a villain. Almost done with BS4 after a break, then I guess I will play Syberia 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was finally able to advance to LMP1 championships in Project CARS career. The game brings to me very mixed feelings. In one way, I love driving in the game, on the other hand, the AI and bugs, which were not squashed until now can make my blood boil. Especially if you are in middle of real time 24 hours race with your AI co driver, and after 14 hours, your car explodes after hitting invisible wall. Or the car with your AI driver just get stuck in PitStop after 2 hours of racing :-/ I am not even starting to speak about how bad programmed the AI is...

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 might be little bit more arcadey at the moment, but I had much less issues racing against AI.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Couldn't you just not let your AI co-driver drive?

(No, I don't know anything about this game. :p)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Couldn't you just not let your AI co-driver drive?

(No, I don't know anything about this game. :p)

Actually the codriver AI is not as bad as opponent AI. This is the biggest issue for me. And it is hard to race in 24hour race in real-time without codriver (be it AI or real person :-P )

The opponent AI is in this game simply terrible :-/

...I assume there's no pause function? Thank God for Cheat Engine, where you can just create a hotkey to pause and unpause the program. :p

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

While i love MGR as much as Bayonetta, not as much as Vanquish of course, i really don't see how you could describe MGR system as simple or elegant when comparing to Bayonetta.

Because Metal Gear Rising is almost entirely based on its parry system, which both has much higher skill ceiling than Bayonetta's perfect dodging and co-exists with a dodging system of its own. Overall it feels like Metal Gear Rising had a lot more interesting mechanics that weren't necessarily based around button mashing.

It seems like you consider the games to be each in its own genre as well.

No. But being forced to remember an array of button combos to be able to appropriately react to arising situations is a very fighting game thing to do, one I never particularly enjoyed. Yes, I do know that majority of character action games have that to an extent.

So did you forget about MGR QTEs or do you like those?

I did forget them for sure, but I can promise you I didn't like them - or they just weren't that common. All I can remember is the slicing minigame, which was cool.

i last beat the first boss that's not in the tutorial. the born machine dude. :D

Oh it gets weirder from there.

...I assume there's no pause function? Thank God for Cheat Engine, where you can just create a hotkey to pause and unpause the program. :p

Does it really not have a pause on top of no manual saves?

Seems to be a weird and inconvenient way to game

Doesn't seem legit

Well it has a pause button, but no manual saves during race. But in real life, the team at 24 hours race event consists of 4 people, each of them driving for aproximately 6 hours. Therefore racing game, where you have to drive whole 24 hours is IMO less realistic than a game, which allows you to have AI team mates. And that's on of few things which I like about PCARS more than on GT6 *shrugs*.

Still GT6 beats PCARS in Single Player, and in Lobby Management in MP races. What I like more about PCARS is the weather management, which sucked a lot in GT6 :-/

• Like 1

Shame Anna Maria seems to be not a villain. Almost done with BS4 after a break, then I guess I will play Syberia 3

Game is gud but I'd wait til patches.

it's a 8.5 i'll change to 9.5 once quirks are fixed

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

You know, I've always wanted a savestate wrapper, that you could just attach to any game/program a la Cheat Engine, and where you could have hotkeys bound to saving and loading the RAM state (where it would obviously just pause the executable as you're saving and loading states similar to Cheat Engine's pause function). With the advent of SSDs, even games that take up a large amount of RAM (~4GB?), it would still only take a few seconds. This must be more complicated than I think it is, because nobody seems to have made it yet. :(

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

Still working on Nier: Automata.

The ending to route A was rather silly, but I'm still enjoying the story. The way the game sabotaged my sidequests without warning did irk me though and Star Speeder or whatever the quest is called flat out blows my fuses... So I just ignored it and suddenly the game became fun again. Finished with the Forest Kingdom now, again.

You know, I've always wanted a savestate wrapper, that you could just attach to any game/program a la Cheat Engine, and where you could have hotkeys bound to saving and loading the RAM state (where it would obviously just pause the executable as you're saving and loading states similar to Cheat Engine's pause function). With the advent of SSDs, even games that take up a large amount of RAM (~4GB?), it would still only take a few seconds. This must be more complicated than I think it is, because nobody seems to have made it yet. :(

Yeah that's one thing plenty of people would want, me included. Especially on consoles. :ninja: That and simplified AI for bots in games with MP components.  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: 

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Game is gud but I'd wait til patches.

it's a 8.5 i'll change to 9.5 once quirks are fixed

Glad to hear it's not as bad as the reviews on Steam made me believe.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan