Subclasses is somethig folks requested so good choice.

More languages sounds good, playing crpg with second language could be a pain. Wonder if there is point in portugalese or japanese translation, or there is no market for that.

As for my favorite stretch goal: more content than any sane person will ever play. :w00t:

When I read some articles, I guess we will get a ship to travel between the islands.

Suggestion for stretch goal:

Give us a customizable pirate ship. You can select what kind of ship you get, hire crew members and give the ship better weapons, armor, sails and so on.

In combat at sea, your tanks prevent enemy pirates from entering your ship, your mage sets the enemy sails on fire and somebody else puts your ship in a position so that somebody can fire the cannons.

BG2 had at least one battle on a ship (when you return from the place where you rescue Imoen). In realms of Arcadia3 your party gets kidnapped by pirates and you must escape from their ship. So there was some battles at sea in good old CRPGs.

• Like 2

Underwater battles with Aboleth knockoffs and Krakens.

Ammo with special effects.

New Class.

Multiclassing where we aren't stuck with just one kit/subclass.

More factions.

Eastern, Middle-Eastern, and African weaponry.

Building a wall around this forum and making Bioware pay for it.

• Like 10

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

1.  The shut up and take my money stretch goal. The first game had one (they called it polishing or something like that). In development money equals time - more money gives more time to spend on development in whatever way makes sense. 

Hire an editor for the game as a whole. The job description will be to look at everything for tone, trim excess exposition or add additional exposition where needed (in cooperation with writers), tighten up writing, make sure the game is self consistent and consistent with previous lore, make sure areas and quests have a consistent feel etc. You know, editor stuff. (This idea was stolen from, errr, inspired by,  a piece published on RPG Codex by Darth Roxor).

Edited by Yonjuro
  • Like 5

Multi-Class = more than one class

Sub-class = specialization within a class

IMO, something similar to class archetypes in Pathfinder would be better than multiclassing (and easier to balance, so long as they keep the number limited). 

• Like 2

Multi-Class = more than one class

Sub-class = specialization within a class

I get it.. something like Rogue => Assassin? Wizard => Archmage? That sounds great to my ears!. This feature were in old school RPG games like Might & Magic.

Yup, just like that. Or a Druid that has a focus on Spiritshift, or a Battle Priest.

• Like 1

i hope a stretch goal for audio localisation :

It's tactic for obsidian.

For exemple, I am french. I take the game (localisation or not : p = I want to be Backer this time). BUT, for the casual of my country, or accustomed to mass effect with audio dubbing, its large loss.

I hear a lot of people in comments of my community : there is too much text to read in this game.

So, for digest this text and facilitate the approach, a stretch goal can increase the ease access of the title by others country (and make more money). An anti-capcom behavior (Ace attorney etc etc.)

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 1

If the previous game is anything to go by, I'd feel safe to ask for more skills and opportunities for out-of-combat interactivity and reactivity (NPC's, items, world objects.....) so that the character progression and gameplay consists of more than narrative choices and combat prowess.

Edited by Undecaf
  • Like 1

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Anything which expands build diversity gets a huge "YES PLEASE" from me. NWN was awesome in that regard and it motivated me to do several playthroughs. So multiclassing and subclasses are already a huge plus for me. Maybe we even get 1 or 2 new base classes. Other then that I like anything which expands the world/adds content to it. 

• Like 6

Just to be sure:

Multi class means you can select different classes when you level up (like NWN1+2)

Sub class means you can select Kensai or Berserker when you create a fighter (examples from BG2)

Having both means you can select berserker (fighter sub class) at character creation, assassin (rogue sub class) the next level up and warpriest of magram (priest subclass) at the next level up and so on.

Well, we have to wait for the next update.