Feargus said they're working on it.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So, in a recent interview Feargus said that they had reached about 1.4m from PayPal and slacker backers for PoE 1:

We put our backup portal together and we kept on getting funding. I don't know the exact number, it's somewhere between $1.3 and $1.5 [million]. So in essence, the total amount we brought in – and this was after Kickstarter fees – was about $5.2 million

Pledges on Fig equaled about 54% of pledges from KS. Applying the same proportion to the above we get 1.4m*0.54 = 0.756m, over 150k more than we need for a 5m total. But will we get there in time?  :geek:

Edited by mph
  • Like 5

Adding a crew and having interactions play out with them is a cool distraction from the main game, but fishing for sea monsters? Ambivalent about that one.

Am I the only one who read "Fishing and sea-monsters" to mean two separate things?

I think the fishing mini-game is for recipes and resting bonuses.

The sea-monsters were already in game as possible encounters and this just adds more of them.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Should we try to spread awareness of the backer portal? There is a **** ton of people out there who hate fig, but who be happy to back using paypal. We could try posting it on reddit, and such

Sure, why not? No harm in letting people know they aren't out of luck yet.

• Like 1

I'm fine with all the stretch goals even though I obviously like some more than others but if people want to poopoo on some then I'm fine with that too

I'm easy like that

1400 replies.. wow... and 1XD

I'm surprised this thread hasn't broken yet

Who are the mods for this place? Normally they close threads after 500

Are we living in the future??

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Adding a crew and having interactions play out with them is a cool distraction from the main game, but fishing for sea monsters? Ambivalent about that one.

Am I the only one who read "Fishing and sea-monsters" to mean two separate things?

The sea-monsters were already in game as possible encounters and this just adds more of them.

Nope, you are not the only one. That is exactly how I understood it as well.

Fishing for recipes etc. and more sea monsters for (random) encounters. I personally don't care about the fishing part, but I want more sea monsters :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Fishing for recipes etc. and more sea monsters for (random) encounters. I personally don't care about the fishing part, but I want more sea monsters :)

+1

Though I was kind of hoping Kraken and Polpovir would be in by default, rather than by a stretch goal.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

+1

Though I was kind of hoping Kraken and Polpovir would be in by default, rather than by a stretch goal.

​Especially given the official art

Nope, you are not the only one. That is exactly how I understood it as well.

So wait...the plan is for there to not have kraken tentacle recipes?

calamari-2500-56a20fb93df78cf77271869d.j

• Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

sorry leferd, though with ydwin as a sidekick/companion, am suspecting if you are nice to her she will make you a bento with little octopus sausages. 

huzzah.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=298#updates

Still at $4.57 million. Doesn't look like they'll hit $5 million, let alone $4.75 million -- unless there's going to be an aggressive marketing push.

Kinda annoying that they aren't posting these Fig updates in the announcement section of the official PoE2 forums.

• Like 5

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Well, I think it's a smart move to hold off the marketing campaign until after the gaming sites are slowing down with Mass Effect news. If OE went aggresive before now, they would just drown in the news feeds everywhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really, really hope we get fishing and sea monsters.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

They really are not making much of an effort to keep the hype up. Since the fig campaign finished I haven't read any interviews from the developers or seen any announcements. How are they expecting people that missed the campaign to know they can fund the game if they are not even aware of its existence?

• Like 2