The US Election 2016, Part VI

Pidesco

Don't doubt it's a red herring. Unless it's against the law to confirm that someone is not being audited, let the IRS drop whatever audit they may be conducting and affirm there is no audit at this time. Then it goes from being a very bad red herring argument to being a death trap trumped up by the candidate himself. The beauty is that it would be a much more powerful and subtle attack on the man than merely pointing out the obvious which has hitherto not worked. Warning, tho, this won't work either. Other than nibbling at the edge, Kingpin Trump wins or loses with the tax issue as a minor problem. Other than true believers, who thinks the man is the best candidate anyway? This is something akin to Cruela de Hil's secret server. Any problems are by and large baked into the kidney pie and whatever else happens is nibbling the crust. Trump will find some other pretext to avoid doing what he should have done from the beginning. Nonthless, if you really want to hurt him via the tax route, my idea causes him the most grief if not outright pain. The IRS no doubt will audit him next year again anyway. The man brags about paying the absolute minimum of taxes. They'll probably audit him for ten years after he's dead.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

fed privacy laws prevent the irs from releasing info, and in any event, am certain if you reflect you will see why it is a terrible idea for the irs to make a change in policy to deal with trump's shenanigans.  not gonna change laws, rules or policy regarding privacy o' medical records neither. yeah, trump's excuses is bs, but while there is a tradition o' presidential candidates providing tax returns, there is no law which would compel him to do so.  is a good tradition.  failure to follow such tradition should open trump up to universal scorn.  that hasn't happened.  

the irs has taken heat in recent years for targeting conservative groups.  bad.  to overt target an individual 'cause o' questionable campaign claims would be inviting an epic p00p storm down on the irs.  regardless, other than to make general policy observations regarding the rights o' any and all US citizens when dealing with the irs, you ain't gonna get government comment on trump's audit... real or imagined.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Doesn't help his detractors that the IRS is so roundly hated also. Remember the poll tax from many years ago. That wasn't American, but oh the humanity! This campaign, more than others in my memory, hinges on things that don't even rise to tertiary considerations. It truly is personal in a way that is remarkable.

Screed

Mate, you've gone bonkers. I'm going to suggest counseling for you and BruceVC.

Spose I don't have space to speak since I did my screed gainst Clinton's dishonesty. Doubt she reads it, though.

You've seen Brcue in action for what a week? the rest have been  chuckling at him for a lot longer. We've seen his hypocrisy SJW Nazism come out  a multitude of times. I don't hate him. But the truth is the truth is the truth.

quidproquo  you are new here so you still have to probably form opinions of the various members and what motivates them

My view on SJ and politics is often misunderstood on these forums, some people tend to generalize and assume what I mean and that creates a negative view of what I stand for 

Sometimes its my fault as I can condescending but most of the time people who have " major " issues with me and call me  a troll just don't agree with me, thats fine as we can debate a point and then agree to disagree

For example you and I have different views around whether the USA should have left Iraq, its okay and we agreed to disagree. This doesn't mean we wont debate other topics :)

For me every single point I make is based on my own experience and what I have learnt, I can produce links to support any view I have ....of course this doesn't mean I am always  right because sometimes our views are based on an expected outcome based on historical precedent ...and prognostication is not a definitive science  :geek:

Anyway Volo is an interesting character, people tell me he is a troll but at times he makes very cogent points that are true. So I continue to treat volo as I treat everyone else I debate with. If they say something I assume they being sincere and I will respond if I want to 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

More wikileaks info. Haven't had the chance to look through it myself, but figured this image serves as a nice summary (of what people are focused on thusfar, at least) in the mean time since I've seen it shared on multiple communities. Links donations to ambassador positions, as is the pattern with this campaign.

The main thing I think is this implies something about wikileaks: yes, they absolutely have a vendetta against Clinton. This week she's come under scrutiny for her health, they smell blood in the water, and ta-da, more info released. Very curious to see how this unforlds, but if people aren't expecting a bomb to drop before the election...? They're kidding themselves. Wikileaks has made it obvious they have every intention to make sure Clinton isn't elected, and Clinton has given us zero reason to think there isn't more dirt on her name. It'll happen again.

Edited by Longknife

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

More wikileaks info. Haven't had the chance to look through it myself, but figured this image serves as a nice summary (of what people are focused on thusfar, at least) in the mean time since I've seen it shared on multiple communities. Links donations to ambassador positions, as is the pattern with this campaign.

The main thing I think is this implies something about wikileaks: yes, they absolutely have a vendetta against Clinton. This week she's come under scrutiny for her health, they smell blood in the water, and ta-da, more info released. Very curious to see how this unforlds, but if people aren't expecting a bomb to drop before the election...? They're kidding themselves. Wikileaks has made it obvious they have every intention to make sure Clinton isn't elected, and Clinton has given us zero reason to think there isn't more dirt on her name. It'll happen again.

Again this is just another reason why  Julian Assange annoys me and why I have no respect for him 

He claims to be the person who " wants the world to know the truth " , he says the world deserves the truth and it is "  incumbent on all of us to demand the truth " 

But what is the  " truth " according to Assange ? His idea of truth is selectively releasing cables and information  that alway have one primary objective, they want to undermine the USA and the West. They want to weaken the West and this is a problem for me

He is biased and has an agenda and its fine to have an agenda but lets not fool ourselves, wikileaks offers information that presents a subjective view of the facts. If you are fine with this then you are fine with this 

Its interesting you acknowledge "wikileaks has no intention to let Clinton become president " .....just this comment highlights my point. Wikileaks has this unbelievable degree of  arrogance to assume they have any right to determine who should be president of the USA? Why would anyone in the USA who actually will vote care what Assange thinks ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Johnson & Weld took out a full page ad in the NY Times to publish an open letter to the Commission for Presidential Debates. It's worth a look: https://gallery.mailchimp.com/7950131d6fef31d276b1efbe8/files/Johnson_Weld_Open_Letter.pdf

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/14/politics/kurt-eichenwald-donald-trump-business/index.html

Guys this should be the most concerning story you have read in a while, Trump has real trade links to various countries that have a negative view of the USA

This should be a real concern if the security of the USA is a worry to you 

John Milton 

Dear Usa, regarding your upcoming elections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmS_VDvMY

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/14/politics/kurt-eichenwald-donald-trump-business/index.html

Guys this should be the most concerning story you have read in a while, Trump has real trade links to various countries that have a negative view of the USA

Like Saudi Arabia have links to Clintons? :)

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I read the article to learn what are those connection and there is no names, except from Putin's name just for kicks with no relevancy. 

Basically it's "Trump is bad, trust us we know". It's like reading an article written by BruceVC.

My favorite line:

"He would know what's there, he knows who his partners are and he knows, you know, he will know going forward."

Is this even English?

We should  be following this story to see how it unfolds, its too early to see how serious it is but you should be concerned 

John Milton 

The newly leaked trove of Colin Powell’s emails offers a rare window into the former secretary of state’s unvarnished, at-times scathing thoughts on Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and old political adversaries who served with him in the George W. Bush administration.

In conversations with former White House and State Department colleagues, Powell blasted Trump for “stupid” minority outreach efforts, lit into Clinton aides for their relentless efforts to link the two former secretaries' email practices and excoriated former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his top deputy for trying to blame him for the Iraq debacle.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Feel sorry for Powell. Served his country with distinction. Once viewed above the fray but now dragged through the mud like everyone else associated with this election. Don't know that we can entirely blame Trump. Perhaps the man don't make the times but the times makes the man. Take the opposing view that the times and most people follow the man, in this case I do blame Trump. Still like to believer no matter what people think of Powell they remember his service to his country and the amount of real self sacrifice he made. As opposed to HRC and Trump, one a corrupt politician and one a corrupt businessman.

I guess attempted murder is no longer considered a serious crime: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/14/guy-tried-shoot-trump-get-two-years-jail-deportation/

I would imagine he has some sort of mental illness, is prison even the right place for him?  Has the US worked with the UK over this?  The article is pretty light on details.

The newly leaked trove of Colin Powell’s emails offers a rare window into the former secretary of state’s unvarnished, at-times scathing thoughts on Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and old political adversaries who served with him in the George W. Bush administration.

In conversations with former White House and State Department colleagues, Powell blasted Trump for “stupid” minority outreach efforts, lit into Clinton aides for their relentless efforts to link the two former secretaries' email practices and excoriated former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his top deputy for trying to blame him for the Iraq debacle.

This electoral cycle is starting to make me wonder if someone is supplementing my food with LSD. I see Hillary('s campaign) talking about green cartoon nazi frogs and Colin Powell writing about Bill Clinton "still [boffing] bimbos"*; and they're just the tip of an iceberg that includes Donald Trump winning a major party's nomination. It's utterly surreal and it'd lack believability, were it fiction.

*That Bill is still richarding bimbos is not, of course, itself a surprise.

Am shocked Powell has a dim view of Rummy

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"I would imagine he has some sort of mental illness, is prison even the right place for him?  Has the US worked with the UK over this?  The article is pretty light on details."

Where do you get the idea that he is crazy when you say yourself the article is light on details. He is getting off easy and no doubt you and fellow SJW nazis would want him crufivcied if the target was Clinton. LMAO

The guy is a piece of crap and should be getting more than 2 years (and he'll probably serve half that).

Of coruse, the 'crazy' defense had to be brought up. LMAO

Don't you think his lawyers would have tried the route if they could? L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I guess attempted murder is no longer considered a serious crime: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/14/guy-tried-shoot-trump-get-two-years-jail-deportation/

I would imagine he has some sort of mental illness, is prison even the right place for him?  Has the US worked with the UK over this?  The article is pretty light on details.

"some sort of mental illness" is not a defense, he'd have to be legally insane, which is defined as not knowing right from wrong. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan