The US Election 2016, Part VI

Pidesco

More evidence that Bernie supporters are breaking for Johnson & Stein. http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/09/12/pollster-bernie-voters-defecting-third-party/

It would be remarkable indeed if both the LP & the Green Party get more than 5% of the vote in November. If the Clinton/Trump admin turns out to be the disaster we think it will be and both the Greens & Libertarians go into 2020 with 50 State ballot access AND Federal election assistance it will be interesting to say the least. 2020 may be the death knell of the two party duopoly.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually on the topic of Bernie...

Reddit is lit up like a Christmas tree today about everything regarding Hillary, her health (concerns of brain damage, symptoms of Parkinson's, concern about hugging a child while allegedly having a contagious illness, you name it), and amongst those is the realization that Bernie never actually conceded. He agreed Hillary got more votes and should be the candidate as per democracy, but he did not concede and bow out. If two weeks from now she's hospitalized and incapable of running, Bernie can and will replace her as the runner-up candidate of the DNC.

I don't bring this up so much as wishful thinking it'll happen because I'm a cynic. However, I find it very interesting he had to remain rather concious of his word choice and he specifically chose to remain. Likewise, imagine if it were to actually happen. This would go down as the strangest, most dramatic election cycle in American history. Hands down.

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

In the highly unlikely event that Clinton drops out I seriously doubt that Bernie would get the nomination. I believe that the party gets to choose the new nominee in that case and I'm pretty sure they'd pick a more establishment candidate

Agree completely. But holy hell can you imagine the outrage? An entire presidential campaign built upon lies, ended abruptly due to health concerns or a corruption scandal, and then amidst the move to get a new candidate, the DNC says no to the beloved runner-up that's slaughtering Trump in the polls, instead opting for some new surprise candidate that hasn't had any time to campaign or win support? Would be an absolute ****storm.

• Like 1

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

In the highly unlikely event that Clinton drops out I seriously doubt that Bernie would get the nomination. I believe that the party gets to choose the new nominee in that case and I'm pretty sure they'd pick a more establishment candidate

Agree completely. But holy hell can you imagine the outrage? An entire presidential campaign built upon lies, ended abruptly due to health concerns or a corruption scandal, and then amidst the move to get a new candidate, the DNC says no to the beloved runner-up that's slaughtering Trump in the polls, instead opting for some new surprise candidate that hasn't had any time to campaign or win support? Would be an absolute ****storm.

I hope that's what happens tbh.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Let me see if I can re-find the article about it, cause the one I saw suggested he can simply rejoin and all that demands is some paperwork.

While I'm at it, this:

Towards the end he will give you his position on policies and basically tell you not to vote for Clinton. His assessment of her health however is very detailed and informative. I honestly don't know if I should feel sorry for her or just be glad we may (may...still a total cynic here) at least get rid of one of these god awful candidates before election day.

EDIT: Found the article but it doesn't cite it's argument (doesn't explain why it's no problem) so not much point in linking it. Either way, I'm sure we can find out if he can or cannot simply rejoin should it come to that. (which again, it won't. DNC would elect Ronald McDonald if it meant not getting someone anti-establishment)

Edited by Longknife

More evidence that Bernie supporters are breaking for Johnson & Stein. http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/09/12/pollster-bernie-voters-defecting-third-party/

It would be remarkable indeed if both the LP & the Green Party get more than 5% of the vote in November. If the Clinton/Trump admin turns out to be the disaster we think it will be and both the Greens & Libertarians go into 2020 with 50 State ballot access AND Federal election assistance it will be interesting to say the least. 2020 may be the death knell of the two party duopoly.

I'm irritated by these Sanders supporters, they were asked to vote for Hillary Clinton. It was explained to them ....nicely

They should be doing everything to ensure a Democratic victory.....why dont they understand they are weakening the Democrats possible win by voting for these smaller parties ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm irritated by these Sanders supporters, they were asked to vote for Hillary Clinton. It was explained to them ....nicely

They should be doing everything to ensure a Democratic victory.....why dont they understand they are weakening the Democrats possible win by voting for these smaller parties ?

:lol:

Free games updated 3/4/21

• Like 1

Imagine the audacity of the Sanders supporters thinking they can vote for whomever they wish.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Imagine the audacity of the Sanders supporters thinking they can vote for whomever they wish.

It's like they think this is a democracy or something!!

• Like 1

14241506_10157412308410494_8730635805898

Of course, two chocolate chips to the back of the head. Obvious suicide.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why is that funny...its true? Lets just be honest in the interests of people understanding the political outcomes 

Many  Bernie supporters were drawn to him because of  his radical and populist ideals, he made certain political promises that were unrealistic and would have unintentionally harmed the economy of the USA but people still supported him because he is sincere and I think his views do resonate in a unique way with many Americans.

But his entire view of the world and how to address social and economic inequality is on the opposite side of the political  spectrum on almost everything Trump stands for....lets be clear, Sanders is a dichotomy to Trump 

So when Sanders asked his supporters to vote for Hilary its  not just because he wants " Hilary to win " ...no its because to Sanders this is about an ideological clash....and Trumps vision of the USA should be one that all Sanders supporters should be opposed to. Since they did claim to want to change the world.....

So yes, Sanders supporters should absolutely be voting for Hilary because of what Sanders stands for  

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Truly, truly, more than any other case, the cover-up about health issues is far worse than the actual... what? She didn't break any laws. She didn't let out any state secrets. She has pneumonia (allegedly, since you can never know what's actually going on in Clintonland). Her ailment is a reason to have sympathy for her. She could have boasted her stamina under adverse conditions but instead obfuscates and misdirects and undertells while over explaining. Then, her campaign goes on the attack against reporters, pundits, and politicians who question her health, some of whom are fellow Democrats. Clinton is an inveterate, unrepentant, and pervasive liar. Deceit is not part of her character. Her character is defined by deceit. Lying is so inculcated into her existence that even her truths are false and even her lies lie. Her half truths are all lie and her whole truth is the oath she takes before spreading more deception. The woman is beyond salvation by human intervention. Personally, I have nothing gainst her. I have no stake in her personally and wish her no meaningful harm, but she is one of the most habituated liars I have ever witnessed. She is remarkable in her capacity for hiding even the very truths that could help her behind lies that cause her harm.

• Like 1

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.

So Bruce you are trotting out the lesser of two evils argument. We've never heard that one before. The problem you don't realize is that Hillary Clinton is philosophically closer to Trump then she is to Sanders. Gary Johnson is closer to Sanders then either and Jill Stein is even closer still. You know here is a fact. If everyone who likes Gary Johnson over Trump or Clinton but thinks he can't win actually voted for him he would win.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Why is that funny...its true? Lets just be honest in the interests of people understanding the political outcomes 

Many  Bernie supporters were drawn to him because of  his radical and populist ideals, he made certain political promises that were unrealistic and would have unintentionally harmed the economy of the USA but people still supported him because he is sincere and I think his views do resonate in a unique way with many Americans.

But his entire view of the world and how to address social and economic inequality is on the opposite side of the political  spectrum on almost everything Trump stands for....lets be clear, Sanders is a dichotomy to Trump 

So when Sanders asked his supporters to vote for Hilary its  not just because he wants " Hilary to win " ...no its because to Sanders this is about an ideological clash....and Trumps vision of the USA should be one that all Sanders supporters should be opposed to. Since they did claim to want to change the world.....

So yes, Sanders supporters should absolutely be voting for Hilary because of what Sanders stands for 

That's a great point Bruce, but what about the fact Hillary is a terrible human being?

Truly, truly, more than any other case, the cover-up about health issues is far worse than the actual... what? She didn't break any laws. She didn't let out any state secrets. She has pneumonia (allegedly, since you can never know what's actually going on in Clintonland). Her ailment is a reason to have sympathy for her. She could have boasted her stamina under adverse conditions but instead obfuscates and misdirects and undertells while over explaining. Then, her campaign goes on the attack against reporters, pundits, and politicians who question her health, some of whom are fellow Democrats. Clinton is an inveterate, unrepentant, and pervasive liar. Deceit is not part of her character. Her character is defined by deceit. Lying is so inculcated into her existence that even her truths are false and even her lies lie. Her half truths are all lie and her whole truth is the oath she takes before spreading more deception. The woman is beyond salvation by human intervention. Personally, I have nothing gainst her. I have no stake in her personally and wish her no meaningful harm, but she is one of the most habituated liars I have ever witnessed. She is remarkable in her capacity for hiding even the very truths that could help her behind lies that cause her harm.

Lol Clintons have been liars since the 90s. Problem is they think their cover up tactics still work in the Internet age. If Hillary collapsed in the 90s, we wouldn't know it happened, as we would have to rely on CNN for all our news videos

..concern about hugging a child while allegedly having a contagious illness..

When I had pneumonia I specifically asked about that since I have 2 young nephews I see regularly and was told not to worry about it. One of them actually got pneumonia later (9 months later, and viral, so not from me) and while he had to go into hospital he didn't go into isolation or anything. So she was probably fine with that, corny/ fakeness etc notwithstanding.

..concern about hugging a child while allegedly having a contagious illness..

When I had pneumonia I specifically asked about that since I have 2 young nephews I see regularly and was told not to worry about it. One of them actually got pneumonia later (9 months later, and viral, so not from me) and while he had to go into hospital he didn't go into isolation or anything. So she was probably fine with that, corny/ fakeness etc notwithstanding.

It's a damned if she has it, damned if she doesn't situation. The jist of it is that pneumonia comes in various different forms, some less contagious than others, and the thing is that the less contagious forms happen to be very very common amongst people with Parkinson's. The video I linked on the last page will explain it for you quite well. If she had a "normal" pneumonia case, then it's contagious and hugging that child was a big no-no. If it's not contagious, it adds evidence to claims she's suffering from Parkinson's, which does indeed seem to be the case as it explains some of her oddball outbursts and actions in the past, not to mention her history of falling down.

Parkinson's is a serious disease. It will absolutely bother some voters to think that this candidate may not be capable of doing the job in a year's time. Sure enough, not even the bought-and-sold news outlets can do much to cover this story, because people are 1) Ticked off she's lying yet again, and 2) Legitimately questioning just how unhealthy she is.

Edited by Longknife
  • Like 1

Add to that fact that it was undoubtedly staged. It's like watching a TV with so many fourth wall breaks that not only the audience but the actors can't keep track of what's in the script and what's in seats. It's like Bokishi said up above about the Clintons during the big dog's administration, but it's more than just the interwebs. Bill Clinton is a happy liar. He smiles while he lies and you laugh even though you know he's lying. Even the happy lies would wear thin by now, especially with the 'net, but Hillary was never a happy liar, merely a habitual one.

As a bear in winter, so must I too hibernate soon.