HBO Game of Thrones Season 6!

ktchong

What will happen to House Karstark and House Umber?

After the Battle of Bastards, House Bolton is no more. The Bolton bloodline has been wiped out, by Ramsay's own stupidity and Sansa's revenge.

So what will happen to House Karstark and House Umber? They have betrayed the Stark and joined House Bolton. House Umber is responsible for the death of a male Stark heir. I image a large portion of their armies perished in the Battle of Bastards. The two treasonous Houses are now in a weakened state. Will Sansa go after House Karstark and House Umber? Hopefully Sansa will go Rains of Castamere on them.  No mercy for traitors.

Edited by ktchong

I predict that Sansa will actually turn into 'Lady Stonehearth'

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

What will happen to House Karstark and House Umber?

Did House Karstark join in with the Boltons? I know they turn in the books, but I don't remember them mentioned much in the current season. In fact I thought House Umber replaced the Karstarks in the show. I'm sure I just missed it since they have been so marginalized.

Also, I agree the doom of house Frey is incoming. They haven't shown up with such force in this season to lead to no pay off. Even if all we get from this season is Jaime telling them they aren't going to get any support from the crown.

Did House Karstark join in with the Boltons? I know they turn in the books, but I don't remember them mentioned much in the current season. In fact I thought House Umber replaced the Karstarks in the show. I'm sure I just missed it since they have been so marginalized.

The Karstark guy appeared in the same episode the Umbers swore fealty to Ramsey.

Jon has never really shown tactical genius- he's lost pretty much all engagement he's been in, except those few where another force (lead by a superior commander) has come to his rescue.. so in that regard what we saw was pretty consistent.

Ramsey was similarly a subpar commander and his weakness was indeed his need for cruelty as the tactics he used were only really psychological. Which in the end also cost him the battle when they backfired.

Like when he had to defend Castle Black from raiders, attacking from the side that has no gate to keep them out? They won that one, even more so in the books (he had traps set up and a decent battle plan).

Or when he had to defend the Wall outnumbered IIRC 100:1? And giants were smashing in the gate? And while yes, Stannis is probably a better commander, all he did was attack the tired, undisciplined wildlings in the ass with heavy cavalry.

And while he did screw up (personally I blame it on the writers wanting to kill Rickon off in this retarded manner. Jon's reaction was at least human, even if stupid) in the BoB, Littlefinger isn't a superior commander, neither is Robin. They just again, had cavalry to rush the enemy who had their backs turned to them.

• Like 1

Did House Karstark join in with the Boltons?

Karstark is that genius Darwin Award-winning mofo that was in the room when Ramsay stabbed Roose and decided "this guy just betrayed and stabbed the brains of the entire operation, as well as his own father. He seems like a sound, level-headed leader. I should pledge my undying loyalty to him."

• Like 4

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

Is your mom hot? It may explain why guys were following her ?

"Hey guys, we basically just confirmed a long lived fan theory that Jon is a Targaryen, which helps further fuel the idea he is Azor Ahai. Think this is an important scene to make the climactic hyped up ending??"

"Yeah that's great and all, but Dany is on a boat!!! WOW!!! We totally need her hyped up fanfare to play while she has a smug **** look on her face! That'll be the perfect closure for the season! People aren't sick of that at all!"

Also Jaime confirmed still best character GET HYPE FOR KINSLAYER:

"The Courier was the worst of all of them. The worst by far. When he died the first time, he must have met the devil, and then killed him."

That was a legitimately good and satisfying sixty-nine minutes of television.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

That was a legitimately good and satisfying sixty-nine minutes of television.

My ONLY complaints:

1) Margaery got cheated. Nothing against her dying, but whereas other characters die to personal failures, Margaery died due to wrong place, wrong time. Feels unsatisfying to see a character not screw up whatsoever and yet they're just poof gone.

2) Dear god the pacing got really ugly in some spots, though it's partially understandable why that had to happen because the Sept of Baelor event triggered lots of other scenes. Varys for example, in one episode, traveled from Mereen to Dorne and back to Mereen again. Understandable, just pretty weird at times.

• Like 1

That episode SUCKED!

Yes... I'm kidding. It was really good!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Overrated episode. King's Landing for the most part was unsatisfactory even though I loathe the religious nutbags. Margery is stupid. Tommen';s suicide would have been bnetter/worse if he ONLY thought she had died. And, Cersei's reaction to his death was as cold as hell. Nowhere near the reaction she had to her other children.

How long till LF tries to kill/kills Sans because she told him to get bent?

And,  I have mostly supported Dany but I really need to see her smug look to be wiped out. As punishment at least one of her dragons should die in the season premiere. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Finally got the Frey Pie for dessert! Arya served it but atleast a Manderly showed up towards the end of the ep.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

You know, I can't decide between the crowning of Jon as King of the North or the guy acting as the Citadel's receptionist as best scene. That Citadel guy was just golden.

Edited by Inyourprime

Cersei and House Lannister are  screwed. Daenerys, King of the North, House Tyrell (Queen of Thorns) and Dorne will gang up on Cersei.  Cersei has too many enemies and no allies.

Edited by ktchong

This episode was better than the last few, but I could've done without Varys using Littlefinger's teleporter at the end. One minute he is in Dorne setting up a southern alliance with the Martell's and the Tyrell's, and the next he is heading back to Westeros on Dany's ship. They must be BFFs with Scotty.

This episode was better than the last few, but I could've done without Varys using Littlefinger's teleporter at the end. One minute he is in Dorne setting up a southern alliance with the Martell's and the Tyrell's, and the next he is heading back to Westeros on Dany's ship. They must be BFFs with Scotty.

I agree. The whole high speed transit between Westeros & Essos is a bit much for me to swallow. Although oddly dragons are not, go figure. This is supposed to be a "medieval fantasy". It takes time to move around by foot or horseback. Unless of course a lot of time is passing between scenes. But that is not the impression.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell