What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Destiny's loot system really does hate me.  My secondary character has a single piece of legendary (purple) armor, his boots.  His helmet, armguard, and chest piece is blue.  So what do I not only get one, but two of today?  Yep, more purple boots.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I didn't encounter the optional boss. I do recall skipping a certain part of the sewers because as I entered, I saw this huge Rhino-like(Not sure, was too scared too double check!)creature and I was on my way to opening shortcuts/doors so I ran away. I just noticed yesterday that I might have skipped a part in the sewers completely. Is it there? I have saved 2 npc's so far. The little girl that was asking me to find her mother. I sent her to Iosefka's Clinic and then noticed that she had given me a music box sad.png I though maybe I could have actually found her mom?

I also sent that grumpy old woman near the bridge to Iosefka's Clinic. I could have also sent them to that other guy who claims he is sane, but acts like a lunatic(forgot his name), but decided not to. I wasn't much pleased with Iosefka's rewards though, mostly consumable items I haven't found a use for yet. I mean look at poor Gilbert, you talk to the guy two times and he gives you a flamethrower! I have a Cleaver +2, Flamethrower +1 and the shotgun which I haven't upgraded yet.

Bloodborne brought back some neat memories from 2009, trying to discover how Demon's Souls works for the first time and going through all those pages of Demon's Souls Wiki. I still haven't figured everything out in Bloodborne, gotta check out my stats again which brings me to my only complaint about this game: why are the stats not properly explained in the options? I mean they are, but it sure takes some time to get used to. I have to go on fiddle with the character-stats screen a bit and see the item descriptions and such. Can't remember what I chose at the beginning of the game, but I like my character. I have high Arcane, Vitality, Strength and Stamina.

Well Gascoine is her father, check out that area you were fighting ... andthe music box was actually an item to help you in that fight. It stuns him.

In the area where you find the old lady, there's a weapon and another NPC. A hint: you have to walk on beams. wink.png

And no, the boss in not in the sewers, he is on the giant bridge where you meet a few real werewolves.  Basically from Gilbert you go left , into the the house and then on the bridge you left pass the big guy and the crows.

Don't read the wiki entries for NPCs though, might spoil too much.

And its From, they never explain everything in detail. Basically all you need to know is, soft cap at 25, hard cap at 50 and there are some exceptions for some items.  Arcane is basically INT so it's meant for specialized builds.  Bloodtinge is mainly for your firearms and some badass weapons.Vitality is important if you can't dodge. Stamina is important if you want to dodge, but usually no more that 20-25 is needed or recommended. Strength and Dexterity are yours to play with, if you'll use the starter weapon the whole game, put at least 25 into both str and dex and then whatever you want. Everything else is just min maxing.

oh and as for the pig, well there's ladder down after the bridge where you went to fight gascoine. You go down there and brutalize the pig :D

Destiny's loot system really does hate me. My secondary character has a single piece of legendary (purple) armor, his boots. His helmet, armguard, and chest piece is blue. So what do I not only get one, but two of today? Yep, more purple boots.

Yup and it wouldn't be any better if you could play raids either. :D Actually old POE would have been the quickest way to get decent stuff, since the Armor cores you got from completing the middle diff i believe are transferable. So once you had 4 all you had to do was was for Variks to sell the armor piece you needed and you exchanged the core for that. SO a month minimum, but you had a purple armor. :D Or you could gamble with weapons and armor core, if you were lucky you had everything in 2 weeks. :D Edited by Majek
  • Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I never found the appeal of looking up pre-set builds and following a template.  Grim Dawn has an amazingly flexible character system with a ton of class combinations and a multitude of viable builds within each class combination.  For me, much of the fun is experimenting with and figuring out a build on my own.  That's just me though.

Same, looking up builds defeats the purpose of how I play these games.

Respeccing is super cheap in Grim Dawn anyway (I believe first 20 points cost 500 *total*) if I come up against a brick wall

well i make up my mind and started as occultist mixed with shaman - conjurer. so far its ok, i am interested how summons will handle higher diff, so far it seems i am doing most of work with my axe

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Bloodtinge is mainly for your firearms and some badass weapons.

Yeah, that along with Skill are the stats that I haven't invested much in. I am getting addicted to this game. I should go and brutalize that pig. :D I also remember the bridge with the werewolves. I should go check it out, I'm in for some more gut-churning boss-fights! Gotta love From Software. :)

Also, thanks for the hints mate! :)

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

NP. I just wanted you to explore the first area thoroughly so you can discover as much a possible so that you'll want to do the same everywhere in the game. Lots of good stuff is hidden after all. :) Do you have the version with or w/o the DLC? I'm asking because while the DLC is meant for higher levels, you can actually enter is quite early and it changes the dynamic of the game in your favor, but i'm not really sure what kind of a player are you.

edit: oh and Ghostofanakin how many strange coins do you currently have? Xur has good armor (13 strange coins a piece) for either Hunter or Warlock and Hawkmoon is still quite the beast even after nerfs. (23 coins).

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I was able to play my Europa Universalis 2 campaign again and for the first time, I had very hot and sweaty moments playing it. During war with Zenj, Portugal decided to declare war on me, and they were able to take 4 of my provinces, thankfully, most of their army was elsewhere, so after a long years, I was able to chase them out, built fortifications next to their borders and also acquire three of Zanj provinces. But I had to pay them 100 Ducats so they would leave me alone :p

I am getting few of very beneficial random events, but right after them, I am getting new and new stability dropping one, so I am almost all the time on -3 stability, which hurts my economy a lot :(

Still I am now ruling with nation of Xhosa over 24 provinces, which is for me incredible (I have read, that it is one of the hardest nations to play in EU2 few days ago). It helped me a lot, that I got two random Conquistadors, else I would be now crying a river near Portuguese, because I am unable to explore Terra Incognita. I am happy that Paradox changed the Terra Incognita revealing in EU3, so I am looking forward to playing it soon.

I will be able to conquer 4 more provinces from Zanj, and then, if I do not get another lucky Conquistador, I will be stuck without a chance to move anywhere. Zanj has unoccupied Terra Incognita north of them, and on the west, there is Portugal. And war again Portugal to win their African provinces is foolish with my current state of researched technology :(

We'll see how it goes.

>Here< you can find more detailed description of yesterday's session, with few pictures as well :p

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

so, downloading grim down, any tips? Thinking about druid character..

Druid isn't an available class in Grim Dawn. I'be only have about ten hours of playing time, but a Shaman is the closest thing I've seen(you can summon beasts to aid you).

Druid is the hybrid class you get for selecting both the Shaman and Arcanist masteries.

According to this post on the Grim Dawn forums Druids are quite capable of clearing Ultimate. I've just skimmed through it but it's apparently been updated for B30. The current build (B31) changed a few things - especially constellations and their bonuses - but generally that guide should get you started. It's a bit of a mess though, you need to scroll down a bit for a more concise version.

Seems like a good choice for a starter character.

I stand corrected. Apparently I've been running an Elementalist without even knowing the class name.

Do you have the version with or w/o the DLC? I'm asking because while the DLC is meant for higher levels, you can actually enter is quite early and it changes the dynamic of the game in your favor, but i'm not really sure what kind of a player are you.

I don't have The Old Hunters dlc yet but I'm definitely looking for a chance to buy it. Heard a lot of good things about it.

I've been playing Grim Dawn too, but I'm too lazy to build anything so I just put all my points into soldier and hit things with my hammer.

Oh, and that constellation thing? I have no idea what it is or what it does, but apparently it's not needed. I'm doing just fine without ever spending a point in it (level 40 right now).

I'm probably missing half the game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

NP. I just wanted you to explore the first area thoroughly so you can discover as much a possible so that you'll want to do the same everywhere in the game. Lots of good stuff is hidden after all. :) Do you have the version with or w/o the DLC? I'm asking because while the DLC is meant for higher levels, you can actually enter is quite early and it changes the dynamic of the game in your favor, but i'm not really sure what kind of a player are you.

edit: oh and Ghostofanakin how many strange coins do you currently have? Xur has good armor (13 strange coins a piece) for either Hunter or Warlock and Hawkmoon is still quite the beast even after nerfs. (23 coins).

When does Xur usually show up?  I never see him around the Tower.

I probably have a whole bunch of strange coins.  I never use them, but every now and then see that I'd earned them either through an engram, or a completed event.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm probably missing half the game.

Naah, but you are missing out some big chunky bonuses like this

m5zKLk7.jpg?1

Not to mention constellation skills that you can attach to your normal skills. (though let's just ignore that you can't really reach Oleron constellation properly before the start of 2nd playthrough)

Edited by Nordicus

When does Xur usually show up?  I never see him around the Tower.

I probably have a whole bunch of strange coins.  I never use them, but every now and then see that I'd earned them either through an engram, or a completed event.

Friday at reset time and he stay until Sunday reset time.  1am PST i believe. He has 6 locations he spawns at the Tower and he used to have one or so in the Reef, but i don't he spawns there anymore.

• Like 1

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I think my favorite thing so far in The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizzaboy is that during interrogations I have a choice of how to respond to people and during one of these I had the option to simply have Pazuul (A 6000 year old demon inhabiting the body of a little girl) punch the guy.  I used that option multiple times, even when I was sure that was not the correct response, just because I wanted to see Pazuul punch the guy again.  That's how I roll. 

:fdevil:

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

So I found Xur, and wouldn't you know it, the only armor he's got available for my character is worse than the one I'm already equipped with.  Yes, it's exotic (yellow) while my current one is only legendary (purple), but the actual stats suck.

I bought it anyway while trying to figure out how to change its stats.

That's not really a surprise, if you know the general weaknesses of a dragon (namely, it's a single enemy who can only do so many actions so fast...while you can run a 6 member party with additional summonables that can vastly outstrip a dragon's meager spellcasting abilities and such if you know what you're doing - plus, vanilla BG2 dragons are kind of weak to begin with). The Gromnir fight, on the other hand, you just have a load of crap thrown at you at once...and it has a tendency to overwhelm your party immediately. And if you're using difficulty-enhancing mods like SCS and the enemy spellcasters actually intelligently use their abilities (...timestops and high level abilities, yay...), well, that's so much worse. tongue.png

Gromnir is an interesting case also in the way it shows how access to Watcher's Keep gear and the raised experience cap make the game that much easier. The fight is really only an issue if you carry over a vanilla SoA party at the experience cap or when using the default party (I'm guessing here, I never used the pre-mades).

I never played BG2 with SCS installed because it came out after I stopped playing. I did play the game on Insane with full Tactics and Improved Ilyich (back when they were two seperate mods, pfff, do I feel old now). Yeah, well, after Improved Ilyich you know enough cheese to make the other fights in the game utterly boring by comparison. Except maybe for Kuroisan the Cheesy and Ascension. All of which are mods though.

So, time to stop thinking about it before I actually reinstall the game. Time for some more Grim Dawn. ;)

The Gromnir fight is mostly memorable from my last playthrough, when he got Deathbringered by Sarevok (I thought he was supposed to be immune to it).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think some enemies are more likely to be Deathbringered than others.

I had it happen that Sarevok Deathbringered every Sendai clone in a row.

It's like a Final Fantasy limit break.

Edited by HoonDing

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Gromnir fight is mostly memorable from my last playthrough, when he got Deathbringered by Sarevok (I thought he was supposed to be immune to it).

Deathbringer Assault has a stun component and a 200 bonus piercing damage. It's not an instant death effect so there is no being immune to it as long as Sarevok can actually hit the enemy. :)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Now I am playing both Bloodborne and Demon's Souls. I play Demon's Souls after each session of Bloodborne to ensure my manliness!  :skull:

I also play Okami HD. I am engaged in playing three games that need serious commitment. I am not complaining a single bit though. 

Time to go and feed some animals in Okami HD.  :cat:

Life's Good.

Edited by Katphood

So I found Xur, and wouldn't you know it, the only armor he's got available for my character is worse than the one I'm already equipped with.  Yes, it's exotic (yellow) while my current one is only legendary (purple), but the actual stats suck.

Well the light level can be upgraded with infusing armor with higher light into it. The Int, Str and discipline however need another item to reroll, and that's being sold by xur as well. Glass needles. 250 Glimmer, 10x Armor Materials, and 1x Glass Needle needed for one reroll though it can get worse.

Also i recommend you to buy some Three of coins from xur if you can afford them. Those things increase the odds of getting an Exotic when you kill and Ultra  in a mission or strikes and in a pvp match. Don't use more than 1 at once.  If you want a farming tip, there a mission to kill a Gatelord on Venus. Use the TOC, go there , kill it and immediately depart to orbit. If done right you'll have a checkpoint right before he spawns so you can repeat the process. No one knows exactly hgow they've tweaked TOC to work these days, but it farmed about 3-5 consecutive kills and then came back a half an hour later and repeated the process. But i had 50 TOCs so if you go and kill a gatelord every half an hour or whenever you can think of , you might get lucky with your limited resources too.

There is also a faster farming that starting a missing then going to orbit and back into the mission again. That one is in the mission Scourge of Winter also on Venus. You farm Draksis  by lowering his health as low as it need to be, then blowing yourself up in his vicinity with a rocket launcher so that both of you perish. If done correctly you respawn with him alive and you repeat the process.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Beat the final boss in Grim Dawn on Veteran. I was level 51, which apparently is pretty high level to do it, but it isn't as though I did a lot of farming. I did maybe 10 bounties, killed the Warden 2 extra times trying to get Tainted Brain Matter, and other than that just cleaned every map. Unfortunately, the legendary I got is terrible (for me) as it's a caster off-hand, and I'm not much of a caster fan. At least it's for one of the classes my character was (occultist/soldier) but not for a damage type I use (I'm doing physical/vitality/chaos, and the off-hand is acid/poison.) I do have 3 total legendaries, but only one good for my character (heavy chest armor.) I might have to make someone to use the legendary rifle I found, but I'd kind of wanted to do a dual pistol ranged character (not that I couldn't do both.)

I've got a couple more things to do on veteran (there's a shrine I haven't gotten yet as it requires honored rep with the Rovers) but then it's on to Elite for me (though I may want to make another character...i'd like to make a dual-wield character, probably a Nightblade/Shaman.)

The game is really good (I wouldn't have over 100 hours played if it wasn't...I rerolled at release which is part of why it's taken me so long to beat Veteran...I've also spent several days messing with other characters.) I really want the expansion already though, because I want to see the continuation of the story (I know, a hack and slash with a story worth paying attention to is shocking.) The game is very appropriately named, some of the notes you find, particularly in the last third of the game, are really dark and disturbing. A triumph for Crate and I hope to see a lot more from them in the future (and what people can do with the modding tools once they're released.)

I was level 51, which apparently is pretty high level to do it, but it isn't as though I did a lot of farming.

I just beat it myself at level 56. I can say pretty confidently that at least 4 of those levels came from the optional undead and Ch'thon superdungeons that use those consumable Skeleton Keys

I did maybe 10 bounties, killed the Warden 2 extra times trying to get Tainted Brain Matter, and other than that just cleaned every map.

Apparently you can't get any rare crafting materials from enemies that are 2 or more levels below you

I saw a dev post that said as long as they're blue you can get the rare drops, and I got one from Cronley when I was late 40's (don't remember exact level, but it was for the Outcast quest, so not long before I finished the game.) I still don't have a relic, only made one for a bounty. None of the ones I have recipes for (and can make) really do anything for me. I have a recipe for one I would like (I believe it's called Torment), but I don't have all the recipes for the relics needed to make it (I'm missing either Squall or Guile, can't remember which atm.)

I haven't done Bastion of Chaos yet (well, I did up to the door), and only ran Steps of Torment once (for a quest or two), but it was after killing Log. I need to remember to hit up Hallowed Hill, too. I didn't get the one shot chest there on this character. Meant to do it today, but I forgot. There's probably other one shots I've missed as well. I need to farm some components too, particularly Kilrian's for the relic I want (I eventually want Solael's Malice, but that's a long ways off.) Would like to get all factions to honored so I can get more quests as well, before moving on to elite. So much to do. :)

Well the light level can be upgraded with infusing armor with higher light into it. The Int, Str and discipline however need another item to reroll, and that's being sold by xur as well. Glass needles. 250 Glimmer, 10x Armor Materials, and 1x Glass Needle needed for one reroll though it can get worse.

Also i recommend you to buy some Three of coins from xur if you can afford them. Those things increase the odds of getting an Exotic when you kill and Ultra  in a mission or strikes and in a pvp match. Don't use more than 1 at once.  If you want a farming tip, there a mission to kill a Gatelord on Venus. Use the TOC, go there , kill it and immediately depart to orbit. If done right you'll have a checkpoint right before he spawns so you can repeat the process. No one knows exactly hgow they've tweaked TOC to work these days, but it farmed about 3-5 consecutive kills and then came back a half an hour later and repeated the process. But i had 50 TOCs so if you go and kill a gatelord every half an hour or whenever you can think of , you might get lucky with your limited resources too.

There is also a faster farming that starting a missing then going to orbit and back into the mission again. That one is in the mission Scourge of Winter also on Venus. You farm Draksis  by lowering his health as low as it need to be, then blowing yourself up in his vicinity with a rocket launcher so that both of you perish. If done correctly you respawn with him alive and you repeat the process.

I might just have to do some more shopping with Xur today then.  The thing that I don't like about the exotic equipment I bought is it only increases one of the three powers (discipline), whereas my current piece of purple gear increases two (discipline and intelligence).  The actual defense score is the same at 280.