RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Goddammit, a sequel on PS4 as well as a remaster. They better get that released in English . Hell i'll take Asian version if it has English text like Demon's souls had.  :o

And they way it looks is a good thing as it will always look good.

edit: Oh not a SRPG ... still want it.

edit2: damn hype slowly vanishing ... media vision ... ugh.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I know there are a lot of Star Control fans out there (I only played 3), but anyway, Stardock announced they are making a new one.

Edit: I guess thats actually old news, but they announced the founder program to allow fans input into the new one.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That sucks.  I was looking forward to that.  And I'm an impatient SOB.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That sucks.  I was looking forward to that.  And I'm an impatient SOB.

Sounds to me like...

You never ask for this...  

GIF---Creep-Eyebrows-Old-man-Stearing-St

...delay.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, unless they offer emulation from my own PS1/2 disks, I will stick to emulators on PC :-/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

well hope you will not get as disappointed from it, as I was :-/

Final Fantasy XIII is the only single player FF game I put less than 5 hours into. Everything about it was just... Meh.

Devastatorsig.jpg

FFXIII was for me pretty interesting, despite not the best of games, FFXIII-2 was much better, LR:FFXIII was just :banghead:

Some might remember me posting screenshots from a game called Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries, staring red ridinghood.

The game was a kickstarter I had backed. It released earlier this year but was not the commercial success the studio had needed and thus they went out of business.

Last month we suddenly got a kickstarter update from some people calling themselves Rebellion who had bought the IP. And they wanted to let backers know that they would look into fulfilling outstanding rewards, because, well, because.

So today I received my letter. It's nothing "big" - I had mostly digital rewards - but hey, I'm impressed that in this industry someone decides to fulfill the obligations someone else couldn't.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

...but hey, I'm impressed that in this industry someone decides to fulfill the obligations someone else couldn't.

I wish someone would do that [again] for Fallout.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but have you not played Wasteland 2?

the original Fallout isn't that good of a game, though. it's a great RPG, but its mechanics don't hold up today. I wish someone would make a game, that's like Fallout at heart, but with modern graphics and UI, better companions, and improved combat.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I just want a developer to understand that "turn-based isometric" is not synonymous with "party-based".

Well, both Underrail and Age of Decadence are single-character turn-based isometric (or pseudo-isometric, whatever) titles. But the problem is that controlling a single character offers a limited amount of tactical options in a turn-based, grid-based environment.

But the problem is that controlling a single character offers a limited amount of tactical options in a turn-based, grid-based environment.

There are certain limits for sure. But doesn't it ultimately depend on core combat design (pace, action options and fine grained they are, HP system, encounter design, what ever goes with the territory) whether those limitations as per lacking a party to control are really all that relevant?

I don't see it as a problem, it just calls for a tad different take than a party based design.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

but its mechanics don't hold up today.

Please explain.

what I mean is, in its original form, Fallout wouldn't work for me, if I saw it for the first time today. it has many little things that annoy the hell out of me. like the interaction menu, the way the inventory is set up, the way combat is paced, character movement in turn-based mode, camera perspective (I can't count the times I missed a door or a stairwell because of how they're placed behind a wall so it just blends into the wall) etc.

and then, of course, the companions... I played FO2 before trying the original game. by the time I got to playing Fallout I already knew to avoid taking companions with me, so I went through most of the game solo (taking Tycho with me to save Tandi and killing him when at the raiders' hideout, because he already had become annoying by then). 

to be frank, I think Fallout Tactics has aged a lot better than Fallout has. that game I like replaying simply for its level design.

what I really like about Fallout is the SPECIAL and how combat is designed around it. in my opinion, Fallout's interpretation of TB combat is second only to Jagged Alliance 2.

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

But the problem is that controlling a single character offers a limited amount of tactical options in a turn-based, grid-based environment.

There are certain limits for sure. But doesn't it ultimately depend on core combat design (pace, action options and fine grained they are, HP system, encounter design, what ever goes with the territory) whether those limitations as per lacking a party to control are really all that relevant?

I don't see it as a problem, it just calls for a tad different take than a party based design.

I thought Fallout (and moreso Fallout 2) was interesting enough for me to like its systems. Certainly with location targeting, and the different punches and kicks you could do as unarmed (as poorly documented as they were). I do admit I likely prefer simpler combat systems to most people though, since to me it's not at all the part of the typical RPG that I enjoy.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

...but hey, I'm impressed that in this industry someone decides to fulfill the obligations someone else couldn't.

I've not played Wasteland 2. I've been stuck at the character creation screen for two days. I can't become even passably adept at every skill and my completionist  compulsion is stopping me from progressing until I find a way. Even the Witcher 2 prologue wasn't this much of a challenge.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

I've not played Wasteland 2. I've been stuck at the character creation screen for two days. I can't become even passably adept at every skill and my completionist compulsion is stopping me from progressing until I find a way. Even the Witcher 2 prologue wasn't this much of a challenge.

You create a party of 4. Split your skills amongst all 4, and plan for which companions you'll take.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think that WL2 is the best [ersatz] Fallout game since Fallout 2, and that they know it; and planned it that way.

(But it isn't one, not really.)

what I mean is, in its original form, Fallout wouldn't work for me, if I saw it for the first time today. it has many little things that annoy the hell out of me. like the interaction menu, the way the inventory is set up, the way combat is paced, character movement in turn-based mode, camera perspective (I can't count the times I missed a door or a stairwell because of how they're placed behind a wall so it just blends into the wall) etc.

and then, of course, the companions... I played FO2 before trying the original game. by the time I got to playing Fallout I already knew to avoid taking companions with me, so I went through most of the game solo (taking Tycho with me to save Tandi and killing him when at the raiders' hideout, because he already had become annoying by then). 

to be frank, I think Fallout Tactics has aged a lot better than Fallout has. that game I like replaying simply for its level design.

what I really like about Fallout is the SPECIAL and how combat is designed around it. in my opinion, Fallout's interpretation of TB combat is second only to Jagged Alliance 2.

No future Fallout title would need (or likely use) a 2D engine.   It would be 3D; (3D doesn't mean first person for those that assume it does). All of the graphical issues that Fallout had would be forgotten with the use of a 3D engine.  Personally, I think that a Fallout title done using Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity framework could really shine.

___

I thought (and still think) of Fallout Tactics' Turn based combat as the best combat the IP has to offer ~so far.

(Though I might have thought differently had Zenimax acquired 'Super Hot', and based the combat mechanics of FO4 on it.)

Edited by Gizmo
  • Like 4