RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

From what I remember seeing, it's not that you can upgrade your home base... But that you can build your own community areas as you wander around. Collect scrap and establish several "communities" in the game.  But it's been a few months since I read those articles so who knows how it'll turn out in the final game.

Also, it seems weird to have a Fallout trailer where Ron Perlman doing "War.. War Never Changes" isn't the first thing you hear.... :shifty:

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The marketing budget for this game must be gargantuan, an hour of television had a trailer for Fallout 4 shown three times this afternoon. Lord knows why they chose "The Wanderer" as a theme song however, it really doesn't fit with Fallouts aesthetic in my opinion.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Dat ass indeed. They also left out the bits of storyline where you're falling trough the floor and veritibirds fly backwards. Still, I'm quite hyped - ain't gonna buy it until at least a year after release tho.

Anyway, Darksiders II: Deathfinitive edition got released and I got it for free 'cause I bought complete collection of Darksiders II (friggin' love the game). It's cool that they brought brand new features in, like crashing on launch when you change resolution to 1080p.

• Like 2

Legion Releasing by September 2016

Legion website updates are happening!

The regular version costs $50

The Digital Deluxe edition costs $70.

Pre-purchasing gives you a Level 100 Boost.

Pre-purchasing gives you at least one week early access to the Demon Hunter class.

You will need a level 70 character to create a Demon Hunter and you can only have one Demon Hunter per realm.

Legion is expected to release on or before 09/21/2016. This is not a release date.

Hm, bit longer than I anticipated.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While the "by September 2016" qualification gives them a bit of wiggle room, there's no sensible reason to shoot themselves in the foot in PR terms like that unless they actually need most of that time, so yeah, smells like an August release maybe.

After the rationalisation of WoD's reduced content being that they were working on faster expansion cycles, to have the final patch cycle of WoD turn out exactly the same as that of the previous expansion is a bit of a blow to their credibility. No surprise that they've decided to stop publishing subscriber numbers. :p

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm actually surprised by how bland Fallout 4 looks judging from the screenshots so far (I found a site where they show off Fallout 4 with ultra settings on). I remember when Oblivion was announced and how it blew everything else out of the water at the time. I also thought Skyrim was a looker.

The first thing that strikes me when I see the Fallout 4 screenshots is how flat everything looks:

fallout4_zpsnjcfn9vj.jpg

I don't care, but it is a surprise. I guess The Witcher 3 spoiled me.

Anyhow, 4 days left. I haven't pre-ordered or anything, but I would lie if I said the hype wasn't getting to me.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, I'm just excited Bethesda figured out how to use some colors this time around.  DC was pretty dang grey.  

Aesthetically pleasing, appropriate color scheme, good lighting and contrast = happy me.. I don't need Crysis level graphic fidelity or 4K textures. So so far I'm pleased with F4 from the graphics department.

Fortune favors the bald.

The only ENBs I tried for Skyrim made the dark areas in the game way too dark and every single one of them added a really, really bad bloom / glow filter. Wondered how in hell people can play the game like this.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Darksiders II: Deathfinitive edition

Bravo! Punmanship of extraordinary calibre.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What, a World of Warcraft scene where the Horde aren't stupidly backstabbing the Alliance for no reason?

That must be fanmade.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Hm, that happened in one cutscene at Wrathgate, no?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, that happened in one cutscene at Wrathgate, no?

Also happened in Cataclysm.

Everyone's running off to fight the new baddies when Garrosh sees some Alliance. He just drops everything to attack the Alliance for no reason, all hell ensues.

Then there was the nuking of Theramore that occured right before Pandaria.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, thought it was just cutscenes you were talking about. Never played Horde side but Garrosh going from emo boy to Stalin does seem strange

Where did the crews of the airships go?

Tea for the teapot!