The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

Regis narrating possibly? If so the chap must have found some more expedient means of regeneration after Stygga, possibly a plot point?

It will be interesting to see a thriving Nilfgaardian protectorate such as Toussaint, especially when set against the barbaric Northern Kingdoms "freedom," inform ones choices of who to support in the disputed lands and Skellige as well perhaps.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

They're making this to be a grand send-off. There's reason to believe that all the friends and stuff end up hanging out in the Vinyard, sort of as a response to all the complaints about how the world was empty in post-game.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I see there are some  nice UI changes that have been added

I logged on now and noticed some improvements like how items are displayed in the Inventory 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Been looking at the new changes and I like what I've seen. Highlights:

* New UI. Much more user friendly. All the information is still there, but it doesn't feel like it clutters up the screen anymore.

* Upgraded water. The old water animation is now considered the 'low graphics' option. The Ultra looks tons better.

* Higher level cap. I'm playing in NG+ with a level 70 character (which was the level cap, regardless of the rumors of a limitless cap last year) and hit level 71 while messing around today.

* Some new icons for different decoxtions and potions and . . . well, just about everything. (The changes they've made over the last 365 days to this game with the UI and icons, it now looks like a completely different game.)

* New inventory screen (a bit of a mixed bag, on the one hand you don't have to cycle through them as much, on the other they combined books, junk, and plot items into the same screen).

* The 'power wheel' works completely differently. It used to slow down time and was a two button system (left analog and 'A' button; I play on PC but use an Xbox controller), but now it is a full pause and only the left analog is needed to highlight the sign. This is a huge improvement, IMO.

* The map now is easier to find the specific icon you're looking for.

* Now you can uncap your frame rate in the menus. My rig is too weak to really test it out, but if you've got enough power, it's now an option.

* There's now an option to turn off the sheathing/drawing sword animation in the menus.

* The Alchemy menu is simplified by removing from the screen items you've already crafted so you can find what potions you don't have and what ingredients are missing. This is so helpful.

* (I think they already added this in a previous patch, but even so I just now noticed it.) Quests are now stacked according to whichever open world zone you are currently in. If you're in Vellen, the Vellen quests are at the top of each menu, and so on.

If I notice anything else, I'll let you guys know.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 1

Blood & Wine off to a really good start. One of the new neutral skills TRIPLES the damage on your damaging bombs, but halves their slots (rounded up). Bomb damage just became relevant again.

Also, the Bruxa is one of the best monsters CDPR may have created in terms of boss combat design. Most of your tools are useable to some degree and will make the fight much easier than just flailing with your sword.

What I really hated before was the menu switching with gamepad. Browsing the items and doing anything skillpoint allocation-related stuff was simply a pain in the arse. Did something change in this area as well?

It is weird, because all the ingame stuff felt like made for gamepad, but the menu totally not.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Guys does anyone know how to hide certain markers on the Map?

I normally hide " Undiscovered Locations " but I'm not sure how to do it now 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys does anyone know how to hide certain markers on the Map?

I normally hide " Undiscovered Locations " but I'm not sure how to do it now

Go into the visuals menu and the HUD section. From there you can hide the ones you've already grayed out or turn them off completely.

• Like 1

Been looking at the new changes and I like what I've seen. Highlights:

* New UI. Much more user friendly. All the information is still there, but it doesn't feel like it clutters up the screen anymore.

* Upgraded water. The old water animation is now considered the 'low graphics' option. The Ultra looks tons better.

* Higher level cap. I'm playing in NG+ with a level 70 character (which was the level cap, regardless of the rumors of a limitless cap last year) and hit level 71 while messing around today.

* Some new icons for different decoxtions and potions and . . . well, just about everything. (The changes they've made over the last 365 days to this game with the UI and icons, it now looks like a completely different game.)

* New inventory screen (a bit of a mixed bag, on the one hand you don't have to cycle through them as much, on the other they combined books, junk, and plot items into the same screen).

* The 'power wheel' works completely differently. It used to slow down time and was a two button system (left analog and 'A' button; I play on PC but use an Xbox controller), but now it is a full pause and only the left analog is needed to highlight the sign. This is a huge improvement, IMO.

* The map now is easier to find the specific icon you're looking for.

* Now you can uncap your frame rate in the menus. My rig is too weak to really test it out, but if you've got enough power, it's now an option.

* There's now an option to turn off the sheathing/drawing sword animation in the menus.

* The Alchemy menu is simplified by removing from the screen items you've already crafted so you can find what potions you don't have and what ingredients are missing. This is so helpful.

* (I think they already added this in a previous patch, but even so I just now noticed it.) Quests are now stacked according to whichever open world zone you are currently in. If you're in Vellen, the Vellen quests are at the top of each menu, and so on.

If I notice anything else, I'll let you guys know.

* There's now an option to upscale in the game play menu. It doesn't down scaling.

So apparently you can just straight buy the Gwent decks by providing proof you've purchased the expansion pass. And its only $20.

It's impossible for me to say no to that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Downloaded and installed Blood and Wine, dug up my old save game from the system drive of my previous PC, fired up the game and ....dammit, I'm only level 23. It's been pretty much a full year since I've played so I can't even tell what functionality is new, changed, or has always been there. Ended up just spending an hour or so just playing the tutorial from scratch to regain my bearings. Presumably next time I play I'll resume the old save. Probably. Maybe. I don't know.

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Downloaded and installed Blood and Wine, dug up my old save game from the system drive of my previous PC, fired up the game and ....dammit, I'm only level 23. It's been pretty much a full year since I've played so I can't even tell what functionality is new, changed, or has always been there. Ended up just spending an hour or so just playing the tutorial from scratch to regain my bearings. Presumably next time I play I'll resume the old save. Probably. Maybe. I don't know.

Ouch !!!  Enjoy leveling   :p  

John Milton 

Such is the downside of add-ons for already huge games. Despite buying each of them, I never got around to playing Skyrim DLC for the same reason.

My current Geralt is only level 14 and my playthrough lost it's steam a couple of months ago...so torn  :banghead:

With both Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine you have an option in the New Game section to choose to play one (or maybe both, I haven't tried since HoS) expansions rather than the whole game. You're automatically upscaled to the suggested level requirement for that expansion. They also give you a free potion (I can't remember its name) to let you reset all you ability points so you can still custom your build, a good number of potions and mutigens and some decent equipment. The downside is that you don't have as many mutigens as you would playing through on your own, not all the alchemy products are maxed out, and miss out on a few ability points because apparently the 'auto Geralt' didn't catch (the equipment isn't a problem because you can still find all the witcher school schematics).

• Like 2

Continued with my savegame as well. Made it to lvl 15 now and everything wants to lead me to Skellige, but I am not really feeling the mood to go there. After all it seems I have still a truckton of stuff to do on the mainland.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There's a prostitute in Blood & Wine that complains about clients being weird and wanting to roleplay witchers. Apparently, after the act, the clients usually ask for a card.

• Like 3

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: