The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

Still worth importing for some minutiae that are carried over.

Yeah I liked that my Blue Stripes tattoo is still there :thumbsup:

LOL! You kept that ugly thing? Let me know if Yen ever teases you for it. Oh man, now I might have to go back and play W2 and 3 just to see.

Well, I suppose I don't like it, I just like that it's still there  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gah.  Just saw that the second expansion's release date has been delayed.  Now I'm going to have to put off playing the first expansion even longer, as I intended to get both at the same time and have one long run through, rather than playing through each individually.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

• 1 month later...

Today I found out that I can actually adjust the gamma if I run the game in fullscreen (and not just window mode without borders). Man, that changes so much... I never really noticed before, but the game simply was too dark on my tv. Even at normal daylight the shadows were just like pitch black. Now that I've adjusted it (had to crank the value quite high, though), playing the game is much more fun, as it feels like my eyes are less strained.

PS: It seems like the Blood and Wine dlc will be out in early june or something.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Today I found out that I can actually adjust the gamma if I run the game in fullscreen (and not just window mode without borders). Man, that changes so much... I never really noticed before, but the game simply was too dark on my tv.

Most reasonably modern TVs will have display presets if you play around with options - subset of those reasonably modern TVs will most likely have a gaming mode which'll get you rid of that effect.

Gaming mode is usually just about reducing the TVs internal processing effects to minimise input lag. With blacks being crushed it's more of a calibration issue, though perhaps a less common one as the usual out-of-the-box TV will have an image that's both too bright and too cool at default settings.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Thing is, it works with any other game. Just Witcher 3 was way too dark. Now that I could adjust the gamma it's a lot better, though. Just wondering why there are no contrast settings either.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Thing is, it works with any other game. Just Witcher 3 was way too dark. Now that I could adjust the gamma it's a lot better, though. Just wondering why there are no contrast settings either.

Did you use the CAT potion ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Nope, but i would have needed to take it all the time. :> daytime had way too dark shadows as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_I

When I heard it was going to have mushrooms I immediately thought 'Morrowind', that tower just seals the deal.

Are you also playing W3? I am loving it ....its one of the best RPG I have ever played 

What level are the expansion packs....should I buy them while I,m doing the main quest, I like exploring 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What level are the expansion packs....should I buy them while I,m doing the main quest, I like exploring

Hearts of Stone is ~lvl30 and takes place before ending the main storyline (you can start it after finishing the main storyline however.) Level requirements for Brood and Whine have not yet been announced.
  • Like 1

Hearts of Stone is ~lvl30 and takes place before ending the main storyline (you can start it after finishing the main storyline however.) Level requirements for Brood and Whine have not yet been announced.

Nice, thanks ..I am going to HOS ... :dancing:  :dancing:

John Milton 

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_I

When I heard it was going to have mushrooms I immediately thought 'Morrowind', that tower just seals the deal.

Are you also playing W3? I am loving it ....its one of the best RPG I have ever played 

I completed W3 after being grossly disappointed with Fallout 4...luckily W3 was amazing and I put over 100 hours in.  The replay isn't going so well for some reason, kinda ran out of steam but I'll definitely be picking it up again for the expansion  :yes:

• Like 1

Is Blood and Wine out yet?  I'm so tempted to play through again, but I just don't want to have to do *another* play through when B&W comes out.

A few months away from what I've heard.

[insert Darth Vader scream here]

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is Blood and Wine out yet?  I'm so tempted to play through again, but I just don't want to have to do *another* play through when B&W comes out.

A few months away from what I've heard.

[insert Darth Vader scream here]

:lol: 

John Milton