The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

I finished the base game today. Turns out I only had one fight left. I left the game for like six months only to return to one fight..

Fantastic game although I got bored by the end of it (not sure why). I probably won't be getting the expansions for a while.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I finished the base game today. Turns out I only had one fight left. I left the game for like six months only to return to one fight.

Fantastic game although I got bored by the end of it (not sure why). I probably won't be getting the expansions for a while.

Last year after it came out I was gushing about it to a friend of mine. My friend asked me if he should buy it and I gave him an emphatic 'no' because I know what kind of games he likes. I explained to him that in order to slog through the game the player has to be emotionally invested (because the combat, while serviceable, isn't great and being open world the game can kinda lose focus). I've heard several people who felt that, for them all the tension drained out of the story after ***SPOILER*** you find Ciri ***SPOILER***, and I can see that happening. (I thought all the tension in DAI drained away after you find the stronghold.)

Edited by the_dog_days

That Toussaint looks like a Disney cartoon, they need to apply grimdork filter asap.

Meh, they need to differentiate the expansion from the base game somehow. Besides, you can have grimdark within a colorful scenery. What we certainly don't need is another game taking place within shades of grey. Yes, I'm looking at you, Fallout 4. And Skyrim. And Dying Light. And... You know what, we don't need anymore grimdark visuals at all :-P

Grimdark *would* be a differentiation from the main game, which is very colorful most of the time. Not that I'd want them to go in that direction, though.

I kinda felt like W3 was balancing somewhere on the edge between grimdark and colorful when it came to visuals, whereas screenshots from Blood and Wine try to go full on the colorful aspect. It makes sense tho, after all, W3 portrays a land ravaged by war on one hand and what I assume is supposed to be Nordic landscape on the other. And then there's Novigrad and surroundings, fair enough.

Fallout 4 was surprisingly colourful.

Well at least they seem to have dropped the awful green filter from 3... Edited by Fenixp

What an amazing game ...so I have ended the Bloody Baron quest and the Baron is going to take care of Anna..he really seemed to have changed so I supported him

But wowzers I had to make some TOUGH choices..as  soul searching as they can be when presented with them by a  game ...for example 

If I free the evil spirit under the hill it will set the children free  but I have inadvertently set a great evil free who will do greater harm to the world than the terrible fate of the children..so if I kill the evil spirit the children get eaten by the witches, an appalling fate but for me the lesser of 2 evils...so I killed the spirit but agreed to go  with the Baron back to the swamp. And I  never went back for the money...I felt I had to redeem  myself for the children. And I did...hopefully Anna's mental health is restored  :shrugz:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ha! You caught the 'spirit's' backstory; I don't think most players did because an important chunk of the story is hidden in a book. I freed the spirit, myself. Being familiar with the Witcher-verse, I knew that there are never any definitive right or wrong actions and chose to do what seemed right in the moment, which for me was saving the children. (For the record, I didn't like either Anna or the Baron. In my opinion they are both horrible people and their ending that I got didn't bother me in the slightest.)

• Like 1

Ha! You caught the 'spirit's' backstory; I don't think most players did because an important chunk of the story is hidden in a book. I freed the spirit, myself. Being familiar with the Witcher-verse, I knew that there are never any definitive right or wrong actions and chose to do what seemed right in the moment, which for me was saving the children. (For the record, I didn't like either Anna or the Baron. In my opinion they are both horrible people and their ending that I got didn't bother me in the slightest.)

Oh thats interesting so this is not a quest  everyone does ?

I  am taking my time and exploring as much as possible, I'm really soaking in that " open world  " RPG experience..its superlative 8)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That is a part of the main quest line, but I think many players either didn't read the book (opening it so to update their quest-log without looking at it). My only basis for this theory is asking people I know who've played if they made the lore connections and all of them just stared at me in confusion because they didn't actually read the book. To clarify, I'm talking about an in game book and not the Witcher Saga.

• Like 1

Oh and the hunter\werewolf quest, I let the werewolf kill the sister

She was either insane or so stupid she doesnt deserve to live. She should have known the Werewolf would kill a stranger....she lead her own sister to death because she wanted her husband. In my world of   " Witcher 3  Social Justice " (W3SJ) she deserved to die  :skull:

John Milton 

Blood and Wine out May 30th.

Hm...lot of stuff coming out this month.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm having a weird brain fart over W3.  I dumped over 100 hours into it and loved every minute but my replay is stuck in the mud.  It might be because I ramped up to Deathmarch difficulty, at this level it really does live up to the 'Twitcher' moniker as you're constantly dodging, aware that one hit might end it all.

Oh btw, there's a mod that turns Triss into Vesemir...OF COURSE!

644-1-1441758447.jpg

644-3-1441758447.jpg

Did a BioWare employee make this mod?  Looks like some kind of "gender barrier" statement they'd make.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Blood and Wine out May 30th.

Hm...lot of stuff coming out this month.

Nice.  I can start my playthrough sooner than I'd thought.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)