The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [2015]

Rosbjerg

Another winning component in this game is how CDPR has implemented Romance but also " mature "  options through the various choices you need to make in way that comes across as very realistic 

I have never had to consider my choices as much as the Witcher series and the Romance... :wub:

I feel I love Triss yet Yen is smoking hot .....but I think I will chose Triss at the end .

You might be the worst SJW in the world, which I guess makes you a normal human being.

Well to be fair I stopped getting involved in Internet SJW after GG where I realized the whole thing is unnecessary. What was I really doing and what impact did it have? I was going to gaming forums and basically passing judgement and being obnoxious towards people who just wanted to play games...and what was there crime end of the day? Oh thats right, they were white male gamers 

So it was just a contradiction of what I stand for in RL and thats a society where even white males dont get automatically judged for there race

And most of what Anita and Leigh said and did was a real contradiction of what matters in RL SJ issues.Yes GG and its supporters made things worse for themselves by how they reacted but I think Anita wanted that, the truth is your average forum member would have no chance in  a real debate with Anita about gender equality because she is a professional and   she must have known gamers are good at forum debates but would fail in RL  debates and moments and not make the right choices

Which is exactly how it ended. You guys ended up on CNN...vilified and forever marked with that indelible " GG represents sexist and anachronistic white bigots "  

And that labeling was and is unfair as there arent any real sexists or bigots on this forum?

The whole Zoe Quinn incident was different , she was treated very unfairly 

I feel so proud of you...it's like seeing my baby walk  ;(

• Like 3
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ok, back on topic.

Got all the expansions and started playing again...and I gotta say **** you CD Projekt. Dodge works like ****, a ****ing ****atrice gives bleeding damage with every hit that can't be blocked, only dodged at the right angle (and only when the stars align) plus all the other problem with combat and I ****ing hate the gall of **** telling that you should play this on death march. Because I decide to spend points the alchemy tree which was meant to be overpowered but has been nerfed to hell and back because of unknown reasons I now have top play a mediocre build unless I decide to spend points on something else. So really, **** them for ruining my playstyle and **** them for their ****ty combat.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I preferred the Azar Javed fight, with the bonus objective of keeping Berengar alive, as it so obviously was not even thought to be a possibility. Very difficult but very satisfying.

Oh and of course the second best was indulging in Bloedzuiger baiting: Get a large pack to stalk you, whittle all of their health down through various means, then see how many you can set up in an explosive chain reaction. I think my best was around eighteen, and a few drowners that intruded on our fun.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Ok, back on topic.

Got all the expansions and started playing again...and I gotta say **** you CD Projekt. Dodge works like ****, a ****ing ****atrice gives bleeding damage with every hit that can't be blocked, only dodged at the right angle (and only when the stars align) plus all the other problem with combat and I ****ing hate the gall of **** telling that you should play this on death march. Because I decide to spend points the alchemy tree which was meant to be overpowered but has been nerfed to hell and back because of unknown reasons I now have top play a mediocre build unless I decide to spend points on something else. So really, **** them for ruining my playstyle and **** them for their ****ty combat.

Recently finished W3 on death march with pure alchemy. Way to OP build and with B&W mutations unkillable.

Bleeding damage is blocked by Swallow. I don't remember if ****atrice is the one but the one with poison on top can be nullified with master oriole potion that make poison attacks heal you.

Just read the descriptions if potions, oils and monsters you fight. Reading is key in the game.

As a rule you block/parry humans and humanoids if they dont have 2handed weapon or are bigger than Geralt and dodge everything else.

Also the best protection against monsters are gears with % protection against monster damage.

Cheers

This was one of the hybrids, I forget which. But the wing attack had a bleeding effect that stacked and overwhelmed shallow, my only option was to run away while I recovered health which was near impossible since that thing was faster than I. 

Anyways, it was a ****ty boss battle that really makes the worse points of the witcher combat system shine and a pure alchemy build is always more difficult on lower levels when you don't have good formulas. I just hate that I have to go through that grief to end up with a class that was nerfed, so you go through all that for nothing since every other class has access to the same formulas on top of their skills.

village_idiot.gif

Is Berengar every mentioned again though in subsequent games if he manages to survive?

No, though you do pick up a few old clues about him in various places in the Wild Hunt, dating from before the first game.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Damn my character made the mistake of thinking he could have a  relationship and threesome with Yen and Triss.....it  ended in disaster and being chained to a bed at the Kingfisher  :blush:

So I need to make a choice  between who is my true love, Triss or Yen  :wub:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Your true love is which ever you want, but Geralt's is Yennefer, all the way.

Shani for the first game Triss for all the sequels. Next game better have a new main character...preferably another white male.

village_idiot.gif

Shani for the first game Triss for all the sequels. Next game better have a new main character...preferably another white male.

Shani for the first game, and never Triss.  She sexually assaulted my Geralt in the first game after I decided to be faithful with Shani.  Never forgive, never forget.

Shani for the first game, and never Triss.  She sexually assaulted my Geralt in the first game after I decided to be faithful with Shani.  Never forgive, never forget.

The first game might as well not be canon.

village_idiot.gif

The first game might as well not be canon.

We can include many relevant SJ issues in the Witcher series but I still want Geralt as the main character

We dont want to deviate from the books too much or the lore of the game world 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well sux to be you, as CDP already stated a few times that TW3 is the end. :>

Other than that, Geralt and Yen, that's how it has to be.:>

• Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well sux to be you, as CDP already stated a few times that TW3 is the end. :>

Other than that, Geralt and Yen, that's how it has to be.:>I 

I thought they said this was the end of the current saga around the Witcher and they focusing on the Cyberpunk game 

But they not saying " we will never create another Witcher game " ?

John Milton 

As far as I am aware, this is the end of Geralt's story. Well, should never say never, but I'd argue it will take years at least until we *might* see him again in some form.

Funny though, about that cyberpunk game... I don't feel any motivation for that genre anymore.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

As far as I am aware, this is the end of Geralt's story. Well, should never say never, but I'd argue it will take years at least until we *might* see him again in some form.

Funny though, about that cyberpunk game... I don't feel any motivation for that genre anymore.

I am not crazy about the whole Cyberpunk genre but because its from CDPR I will play the game and support CDPR  financially :)

• Like 1

John Milton 

Sales have surpassed 20 million for the Witcher series apparently, with half of that being from the Wild Hunt alone. Seems like CDPR have entered the big boy leagues. Who'd have thought that nine years ago when that buggy, strange and undeniably ambitious first game debuted?

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!

You mean besides reviving Geralt, changing a few key characteristics for Triss (the most apparent one being her refusing to ever show her cleavage), seemingly completely ignoring original portrayal of Aen Elle (Avallac'h, Eredin - these elves), massively exaggerating Ithilinne's Prophecy ... ... CDP is reasonably faithful, but they're not particularly bothered by making significant changes to the lore if it suits them.
  • Like 1

You mean besides reviving Geralt, changing a few key characteristics for Triss (the most apparent one being her refusing to ever show her cleavage), seemingly completely ignoring original portrayal of Aen Elle (Avallac'h, Eredin - these elves), massively exaggerating Ithilinne's Prophecy ... ... CDP is reasonably faithful, but they're not particularly bothered by making significant changes to the lore if it suits them.

Interesting post, I have no knowledge of any Witcher lore. I haven't read any of the books so I only  know what the game tells me

I want to read the books now  :geek:

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Interesting post, I have no knowledge of any Witcher lore. I haven't read any of the books so I only know what the game tells me

I want to read the books now :geek:

They are good. The game keeps the tone and atmosphere imho. If u like to read and u like the witcher..well ur gonna enjoy the books.

Well, I gotten to Skellige and if you ever play the Witcher 3 you will know what i'm talking about next. Did they really had no better enemy for an isle with lots of cliff that you have to climb than a bunch of flying mermaids? I will forever remember that one damn rock where you stand for 15 minutes just waiting for a siren to get close enough that they can be dropped into the small portion of rock so that you can kill her. Because thanks to their combat system you can't run and climb at the same time and it defaults to combat mode as soon as you stop running. Tis a poor man's Assasin's Creed.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

You chaps still playing might want to have a look at the enhanced edition mod for the Witcher 3 now available on the Nexus. Rather impressive rebalancing by the looks of it.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!